GT4 WRS Week 170 : Opel Calibra @ Nurburgring

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 106 comments
Almost crashed at the end but luckily saved it

T3 1'42.112
T5 3'07.343
T8 5'00.656

Fortunately many of the quick turns in this can be taken at full speed so I'm not crashing much. Might be able to get a 4'58 at T8 if I can stop messing up a few corners.

By the way are the cobblestones behind the rumble strips considered track for this race?

T8 is 5'14.434

Man, I'm so pissed at myself, I saved the replay of my whole 51 minute session, not my ghost!!

I'll accept it. 👍

EDIT:
As long as you state what lap it is.

I'd take you up on there, but I don't have the ability at the moment to get my replays to my computer, I have no MAXdrive or anything. :nervous:

I think the T3's on luxy have been transcribed incorrectly. I believe they're off by 10 sec.

No updates here. Maybe in the a.m. I'll get a clean lap.

New splits

t3 1'44.181
t5 3'09.602
t8 5'06.556

That t8 should be a 5'04.xxx but I really screwed up the corners just before t7 and then I had to stuff the brakes just at the top of Galgenkoph which added some time to t10. I did beat my previous fast lap though.

mustangGT90210 I'm sure you will come up with a better lap, so for now don't worry too much.

By the way are the cobblestones behind the rumble strips considered track for this race?

Sphinx can clear that up but if I remember correctly the cobblestones are considered a hard surface of the track and therefore clean.
At least I'm hoping thats correct as I know I'm in the cobble's just before t3. I didn't think of looking during my replay either but its still early enough to clean up my laps.

Oh..... and did I ever say I love sparks? This combo has plenty.

I think the T3's on luxy have been transcribed incorrectly. I believe they're off by 10 sec.
We'll call that California math. :dopey:

I was in a bit of a hurry this morning, will try to get some real computer (not mobile device) time to get it fixed in the next day or two, if Jake or Jerome cannot get to it first. ;)

Did not make it back, so I have Sunday and Monday night to try and get a decent lap in. I'm afraid Kenny may end my stay ahead of the old division streak, unless this one earns him a promotion. :sly:

Mmmm, Germanyny... 👍
Agreed.

Here're the splits from my first clean lap(aka, 10th or 12th lap, started getting tired and distracted after about 5):

1'43.742
3'10.585
5'05.084

A 5'03 should be relatively quick to attain, then it'll be some actual work to get down to a 5'01, 5'00... Going away for the weekend, so I have no idea what I may actually accomplish.

Good stuff though. Thanks! :)

EDK
We'll call that California math. :dopey:

I figured it was a little "Left Coast" math Kevin. :sly: I don't know how you guys keep all of that stuff straight to begin with. :crazy:

As for Kenny, he's on steroids this week. No way I can catch 'em when he's posting darn near Div I times up there.

No fishing today, rain all day today and tomorrow so maybe I'll get some laps in. A couple of clean laps would be nice for starters.....:dunce: Onward!

Had a 'proper' session before my wife got home from work tonight after the kids had gone to sleep. Managed about 4 clean laps best of which was:

T3: 1'43.914
T5: 3'11.171
T8: 5'11.738

Unfortunately, I messed up a few times in the last section and lost a good 5-6 seconds but I'm not sure I"ll be able to find the time to improve on that.

Just spent about 30 minutes on my favourite playground. Getting to know the car. Session had only 1 clean lap as I was trying to find the edge.

280 top speed

T3: 1'44.965
T5: 3'11.831
T8: 5'08.670

I know a perfect lap on the 'ring is damn near impossible, but there were quiet a few errors in this one. So I expect that I can find at least 1.5-2 seconds next time around, and that'll bring me right up on your bumper, Kenny. Keep your eye in the mirror :)

I figured it was a little "Left Coast" math Kevin. :sly: I don't know how you guys keep all of that stuff straight to begin with. :crazy:

As for Kenny, he's on steroids this week. No way I can catch 'em when he's posting darn near Div I times up there.

Board Updated. It's not as tough as you might think, Ron. ;)

Maybe Kenny is on the skip a division program and is going to blow right past me into 1. :sly:

Will try to keep an eye on this, but my main task over the next couple of days will be to consume lots of beer. :cheers:

EDK
Board Updated. It's not as tough as you might think, Ron. ;)

Maybe Kenny is on the skip a division program and is going to blow right past me into 1. :sly:

Will try to keep an eye on this, but my main task over the next couple of days will be to consume lots of beer. :cheers:

I'm still trying to catch him. I need some of that beer and I'm fresh out of Woodfords.....:scared:

1'43.915
3'11.118
5'09.717

I've got a blistering T3 but then I get a bit too conservative. I do pick it up again from T8 to the finish however.

i didn't even bother clicking on that leaderboard links that were appearing in some posts. actually, it's very nice. thanks whoever made it.

i had my first session today, t8 is 5.10, which is not that good considering times you posted. but i believe i can do better.

i started nurb24h race after i finished. hope Bob won't die while driving.

I had 2 sessions today and like Bart I was pushing a bit too hard as I was only capable of 1 clean lap worth saving. Its 2 seconds ahead of my previous (clean) save but the t times are about the same.
I was using 270 as 280 seems not to have enough pull and 280 did not give me a faster top speed (165 mph). I was also trying to stay in 4th gear through the esses before t1 and after t4 to keep momentum. I still like the feel of downshifting to 3rd.
I was surprised to have the same t7 as before.....4'25.962 :eek:

As I said no real improvement with the splits. Looks as though I still need to improve on t8.:sly:

t3 1'44.118
t5 3'09.735
t8 5'06.306

No need to update Luxy as I plan on a session tomorrow am, just wanted to let others know the splits.

To fill you in tomivav the leaderboard was created by (username) Luxy and is indeed very helpful. That is why some of us call it "Luxy". :)

Sweet! Another trip to The Ring, & just days after I FINALLY managed a Gold on Mission 34. :D

First splits for me...
T3: 1'44.470
T5: 3'09.914
T8: 5'06.268

Sorry to get a little OT, but has anyone ever considered modifying Luxy so as we can enter our own times into it as opposed to requiring someone to manually compile it?

It could also hold full times, and automatically calculate and display a full leaderboard (as well as stopping further submissions) after the due date / end time as well as having a countdown time remaining... Just a thought.

Slight improvements but I can't catch you Kenny.....:ouch: You're just too damned fast this week.

1'43.963
3'11.570
5'08.710

Ran some more laps - using 270

1:43.737
3:08.933
5:04.491

A 5:00 at T8 might be doable with a few less mistakes and pushing harder in the second half of the lap - so far I've gotten conservative past T6 whenever I'm ahead of the ghost.

T3- 1.43.442
T5 - 3.09.713
T8 - 5.05.188

I may have clipped the wall @ the end but is easy fix!

New splits for me.

t3 1'42.501
t5 3'08.496
t8 5'05.256

This may be my limit.

Back