GT4 WRS Week 170 : Opel Calibra @ Nurburgring

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 106 comments
Final splits for this week.
The last session I had I worked on the t5 - t8 sectors and I did have an improvement with this session but I suffered in all other sectors.
I tried with 280 but I could not get into the rhythm of the different shifting, which found me off track at every attempt for nearly 45 minutes this last session. So back to 270 and no problems........well some as I beat the previous lap by only .3xx. Its that darn Galgenkopf.
The lap is not as pretty as I would have liked but I went to work today for the first time in over 6 months and I'm sore all over.
Thanks for all the help guys, and you know who you are.

Submitting soon.

t3 1'43.183
t5 3'09.111
t8 5'04.134

Great combo, Sphinx.

Good luck to all.

My most current splits (post 58) aren't on LUXY

1:43.737
3:08.933
5:04.491

No improvement since, though.

Very frustrating - I'll gain a half second in one corner only to give back in the next :ouch:. I had one lap where I was 2 seconds behind the ghost at T5 and by T8 was ahead by 0.8 (and then spun it in the little carousel) - why couldn't I do that when I had a good T5?:banghead:

My most current splits (post 58) aren't on LUXY

Sorry :dunce: - Will take care of that now.

BOARD Update

Also have my final splits, submitting now.

1:44.464
3:10.580
5:06.942

Great combo and wish I would have had more time to run it. Doubt I would catch DJBaker or 2078TM, but would like to make a little better showing. Maybe next time. ;)

:cheers:
Kevin

Managed to pull off a lap with fewer small mistakes last night & picked up over a second & a half at T8...
T1: 1'42.732
T3: 3'07.659
T8: 5'01.551
:D

Still a couple spots I could improve, but getting it all right in the same lap is tough. :crazy:

Very very sadly, I did not have the time and energy to put in a good second effort... :( Played for 25 minutes this morning before work, but always ended up getting off one way or another. Was going to get at least a couple seconds off in short time, but hey, it wasn't meant to be... Oh well!

Good luck to those still racing for those last seconds that are hiding from them!

The Nurburgring is just too long for me. I like short circuits more. After several sessions this week I finally managed to do one(!!!) clean lap. I have a total lack of track knowledge and therefore had allot of problems with the cat that woudn't turn once you are accelerating. Just for the statistics, my (embarrassing) splits:

T1: 1.45.939
T3: 3.17.300
T8: 5.23.258

The Nurburgring is just too long for me. I like short circuits more. After several sessions this week I finally managed to do one(!!!) clean lap. I have a total lack of track knowledge and therefore had allot of problems with the cat that woudn't turn once you are accelerating.

That was your problem, those cats are hard to train. Try using the car next time. :lol:

Seriously, though. Nurburgring is tough. If you have not driven the 4 hour endurance and golded the license tests, it's even more difficult. There are some drivers that almost specialize on this track, and my hat is off to them. :bowdown: It's no easy task managing a clean lap here. Good for you to stick it out and turn one in. The next one will only be easier. 👍

The Nurburgring is just too long for me. I like short circuits more. After several sessions this week I finally managed to do one(!!!) clean lap. I have a total lack of track knowledge and therefore had allot of problems with the cat that woudn't turn once you are accelerating. Just for the statistics, my (embarrassing) splits:

T1: 1.45.939
T3: 3.17.300
T8: 5.23.258

Andy, hats off for giving it a go!!👍 I can't remember what I had for breakfast most times so trying to remember all of those corners is a challenge for me as well. :crazy:

01gtp is one of those guys who loves the "Ring" and always does well on it but I struggle with it every time we have to run it and I must say each time I get a little better at it. :dunce:

Never be embarrassed here mate, we're all at different levels, all trying to get better and all getting our butts handed to us now and again! :nervous: Just keep at it, it will get better and most here will help you along. Onward!

time i'll submit.
t3 1'42.805
t5 3'08.406
t8 5'03.176

i had 4 bigger mistakes so i think i lost over 1 second. but it's ok.

Good combo this.

Shame i only just found it.

Ive been away for a while, and i popped in here to see what the WRS was, and its the ring..... and i missed it..... damnit.

I did 5 laps, and got down to a 5'02.727 T8, but i dont have the time to clean it up and submit, so i'll just congratulate the drivers who've stuck it out, and Sphinx on a quality combo.

:cheers:
There you go.

:irked:👍

I love this combo! The configuration with low HP but good grip makes this car very enjoyable to push to its limit, especially at the Ring! :)
Still a couple spots I could improve, but getting it all right in the same lap is tough. :crazy:
Totally right both of you.
And I love the Ring, and this combo is great. Also, I know how I need to drive every corner, but it's hard to do every corner as you want in one lap. Still, this time trial helped me very much to understand the Ring and to firmly drive it through every corner.
Enjoyed in this very much. :dopey:

Back