GT4 WRS Week 172 : JGTC300 @ Grand Valley Speedway

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 85 comments
I think this'll be my last week.

A three hour session has just reduced my splits to

T1: 36.468
T2: 1'09.975

I simply can't afford to be wasting all that time simply getting more and more frustrated at my inability to catch the devastatingly fast guys around here when ther is study to do, family to see, work to be done or cars to restore.

Thanks for the fun though. Time submitted.

I'm glad to see that my tips could help :P !
I nearly reached the lap time I was aiming for:

T1: 35.738
T2: 1'08.667

I still have something like 0.050 to gain in the last sector but I'm very happy with this lap so I don't believe I will improve now.
This time I used 320 gearing.

Board updated EDIT updated up to post 43 44

crg2112 qualified for Division 2 and already ran weeks 170 and 171.
Thanks Carlos. I couldn't find him in the new drivers thread or in Luxy so that's why I asked.

I think this'll be my last week ... I simply can't afford to be wasting all that time simply getting more and more frustrated at my inability to catch the devastatingly fast guys around here when ther is study to do, family to see, work to be done or cars to restore.
Well that's your choice of course, but I think you're doing very well amongst the other Div1 aliens. If you feel you're too high up in the scale, you could always ask the steward for a demotion to Div2. Also, you could try some more while staying in Div1 for a few more weeks; for some it takes years of practice before a promotion in WRS :)
Anyway, good luck with your real life stuff and I do hope to see more of you in our lovely WRS 👍

Last edited:
I've been thinking, and decided that I'll probably still have a quick punt each week, but not take it quite as seriously as I could.

I was a little annoyed earlier after running consistent 1'10.1xx times and then consistently running off the road in the final chicane, or taking a corner wrong and loosing all that decreased time.
Felt like throwing the PS2 through the window at one point.. :P

Last edited:
Another great combo 👍

My splits for this race are:

0'35.820
1'09.023

I used the top speed at 330 and shifted at 6000 RPM. I think I could improve another 0.1 but it's still a good lap so I'm submitting this.

310km/top

T1. 35.783 (35.709)
T2. 1'08.932

Should of had a 1'08.6 but messed up the tunnel. May be too hard to put that lap together though but I will get 1'08.7.

Yea, it was a while ago that i did the qualifying run

Im using the dfp wheel but have no idea how to put that info as signature every post like some of you guys, if its easy please tell me

I ran a T2 of 1.10.8xx but this flu i have wont let me concentrate for too long

I get frustrated at times as well, questioning where that extra 1 or 2 seconds some guys post are! but if i remind myself im doing this for fun then i quickly get back on track

gave it another shot, this time with 300.

36.137 / 1'09.787

First decent session for this combo. Splits:

T1: 36.529
T2: 1'10.679

This was using 270 top speed. Still experimenting with different top speeds though...

My first splits: (DS2)

T1 0'36,035
T2 1'09,728

used the 330 gearing and seem to have about half a second improvent left.

regards

MadMax

Last edited:
First decent session for this combo. Splits:

T1: 36.529
T2: 1'10.679

This was using 270 top speed. Still experimenting with different top speeds though...

270 is way too short, this car has its peak power much before the redline, and if you shift at 6000 rpm you can reach 266 kmh at the end of the straight, using 330 gearing.

Took Cmir's advice and low and behold, I gained almost .6 at the line. Thanks, mate!

Now gearing at 300

T1: 36.456
T2: 1'10.474

Finally had the time for a decent session this week. Switched to 310 gearing and manual shifting for once.

T1: 36.385
T2: 1.10.065

Due to various constraints, was only able to squeeze in a very short session yesterday.

I really like this combo, and would be quickening these splits if it weren't for work travels.

Time submitted on these splits:

1'11.690

I had no idea that it's better to use higher top speed than 280. Thank you for the advice, I'll try it next time.
My flat was redecorating, so I wasn't able to use my PC.

With 280 my splits are
0'36.4xx
1'10.3xx
Forgot the last digits.

The final time is what you will submit to Sphinx (the WRS steward) by PM before the deadline, then he posts the results after the end of the race. Only then our laptimes are revealed by him, we keep them secret in the meanwhile to add some surprise to the results and so that one does not know exactly how he is placed, because we never know how good the others' last sectors are.

Last edited:
gearing 330

T1 36.292
T2 1.10.249

This is probably the run ill be posting, I already gave this thing another 2 runs and couldnt go any faster

tried 30 minutes only.. the max i managed is
36.038 ( 35.702)
1'09.302( 1'08.8xx)
this time i begin to race the last day becouse the deadline is tomorrow..
next race i will race since the first day hehe.. is little different..
wasted today good split :( the car is good but r3 really sux is not easy to drive
see ya

ps..
the areas in cement are legal? ty 4 the answer

Last edited:
Some splits. Used 280 for this, which is way too short, gonna try 330km/h tonight.

T1: 36.437
T2: 1'09.944

Back