GT4 WRS Week 173 : Small Gathering @ Midfield

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 91 comments
First splits

Short 1/2 hour session to get the feel of the car before falling asleep at the wheel. Good thing its not real. :scared:

EDIT
When I can benefit from the previous fast t1 of 26.063 I should be in good shape. Still early.

Last edited:
T1 26.121
T2 51.291

This car has some weird handling characteristics. For example, taking the final hairpin in a certain way can generate wheel spin (you'd expect under steer from a FWD with wheel spin) and over steer....

Yeah, that happened to me. Just doing a session now, and...

T1 26.018
T2 51.311

T1-T2 was horrible, need to improve on the gearing a bit too, running 240km max speed.

Last edited:
T1 26.121
T2 51.291

This car has some weird handling characteristics. For example, taking the final hairpin in a certain way can generate wheel spin (you'd expect under steer from a FWD with wheel spin) and over steer....

Since it's downhill, if you don't do all of your braking in a straight line and before the turn, you'll lose the ass end. And I noticed the wheel spin as well. This is not the first car I've had that issue with in that spot, I'm just using throttle control until it settles.

I also noticed in a few sections that it's faster to partially lift to improve turn in during high speed turns than it is to stay on the gas and scrub tires.

That's the great thing about Mid-Field, it's basically about the car when we drive here, since the track is so straightforward.

Ran a short session to get a feel for the car.

It always amazes me how each car is different. I expected understeer but got none in turns 1 and 2 where the line is the same as for any rear drive on race tires, the following esses do exhibit understeer as I expected, but the turn into the tunnel is completely unlike anything else (and I have yet to figure it out) and the rest of the lap seems like every other car.

I like the combo, but here's what happened. I played for an hour and half with R2s without noticing. I was amazed by my splits, so after playing so long, I checked once again and then I see it says Super Hard.:ill:
I tried then for a half and hour with R1s, but was doing 0'26.2 on T1 so I stoped playing. Try again tomorrow.:dopey:

tried one last time since I had the wrong settings and experimented with last corner

seems that taking it in 3rd gear is about .1 quicker than 2nd gear

Well...I had another session:
pick up .4 overall and used 3rd gear coming out from the last tide corner.
T1 25.914
T2 50.691

Last edited:
I just finished tonights session and I'm happy with the results.

I had a 50.80x a few laps ago but screwed up the tunnel entrance terribly.

LUXY
EDIT Kevin updated up to post 44 & me to 46 54 👍 great turnup guys !!!

Last edited:

I couldn't let you stay ahead for long. ;)

And improved by about 0.4 at the line. :crazy:

Going to the Monterey Historic Races @ Laguna Seca on Saturday, so it will most likely be Sunday before I make it back to this one. Having fun with it, chasing 10th's @ Midfield, as usual.

Oooh, I got close to that.
T1 25.942
T2 51.009

Might have another run tomorrow, and that'll be it from me 👍

T1 25.916
T2 50.966

Using a g25 this week - first impressions (coming from a karting background and left foot braking) the wheel is more precise to steer with but easier to drag the brake than the DS2. As there is no power on oversteer evident with the cars that are picked for the WRS the ability to control throttle inputs isnt a drama which is a shame but I suppose the game was designed to be used with the hand controller.
Will submit on these splits.

This is my last race of the GT4 WRS. After this, I'll quit playing GT4. I'd like to sign off with a win, therefore I'm giving this a serious shot.

My current splits are:
25.753 (seen .692)

I used 220 gearing (shame it hits the limiter, but it's much better than 230) and there's still 0.1 to get.

The combo is awesome, simple but great fun. Another good choice by Sphinx.

I'd like to thank Jerry for all the effort he's put into the series, as well as everyone who participated during the period I've been active here :bowdown: (over 1 year, this will be my 55th submission in 56 weeks, only skipped week 119 due to vacation). Racing here with you guys has been great, I'm looking forward to enjoy this again in GT5, both online and offline. Though I won't participate anymore, I'll keep an eye on this forum to see how it's going.

One more thing, I'll probably need someone to get my replay before the deadline (after I give this another session) and post it at the results thread, since I'll be away for some weeks, from Tuesday on, and I don't know if I'll have an internet connection.

:cheers:

After a few laps over morning coffee, a small improvement on splits with a full second at the line.

Cmir, you're a great driver. Hope you will sign off with a win. 56 weeks, that's a long time. Enjoy in whatever you'll be doing after you quit.👍:sly:

This is my last race of the GT4 WRS. After this, I'll quit playing GT4. I'd like to sign off with a win, therefore I'm giving this a serious shot.

My current splits are:
25.753 (seen .692)

I used 220 gearing (shame it hits the limiter, but it's much better than 230) and there's still 0.1 to get.

The combo is awesome, simple but great fun. Another good choice by Sphinx.

I'd like to thank Jerry for all the effort he's put into the series, as well as everyone who participated during the period I've been active here :bowdown: (over 1 year, this will be my 55th submission in 56 weeks, only skipped week 119 due to vacation). Racing here with you guys has been great, I'm looking forward to enjoy this again in GT5, both online and offline. Though I won't participate anymore, I'll keep an eye on this forum to see how it's going.

One more thing, I'll probably need someone to get my replay before the deadline (after I give this another session) and post it at the results thread, since I'll be away for some weeks, from Tuesday on, and I don't know if I'll have an internet connection.

:cheers:

that is a huge lost...
c'mon man dont quit:grumpy:

I'll be playing mostly GT5P... but I may consider coming back for the best combos. Just don't expect me to keep playing every week, only very rarely.

The tunnel entrance feels less awkward than before but not hugely quicker; the turn exiting the tunnel though, I've picked up a lot of time by hugging the curb.

Using 220.

I gave it another try, and got to:

T1: 25.867
T2: 50.824

It is still kinda weird that this car seems to behave like a rear wheel drive car at some points on this track. :confused:

Edit> Too bad you're leaving us here CMir. But I'll see you on GT5p somewhere far ahead in the distance at some time. :)

Last edited:
I'd like to thank Jerry for all the effort he's put into the series, as well as everyone who participated during the period I've been active here :bowdown:

And thank you for your commitment in this race series. 👍👍 I won't bid you farewell because I'm sure we'll be meeting up again very soon. 👍 :sly:

I believe the switch to GT5 is coming for everybody, so we'll surely meet again!

Back to business

T1 25.992
T2 50.816

Hugging the inside on the left after the 1st tunnel also helped me a lot in the middle sector

tried today 45 minutes..

T1 25.940
T2 50.820

I really dont like this tyres.. i'm coming from other forum of gt4 that using a lot r5 r4 but not r1:nervous: so i can't do my best in this session...

anyway it's midfield my house...
just a matter of time:tup:
cheers:sly:

Wasn't going to try again but I managed to figure something out T1->T2 so may make it more interesting. I'd like to fix T1 but I can go seemingly the max speed or make it as smooth as possible and only get 25.820 which is annoying.

220 seems to work better for me, I was surprised to get another .3 on the second lap after switching the gear from 250. hopefully I can pull some more out of it.

25.957 / 50.888
25.920 / 50.686

another .2 at the line. :)

BOARD

Last edited:
Back