GT4 WRS Week 173 : Small Gathering @ Midfield

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 91 comments
This is my last race of the GT4 WRS. After this, I'll quit playing GT4.

I'd like to thank Jerry for all the effort he's put into the series, as well as everyone who participated during the period I've been active here :bowdown: (over 1 year, this will be my 55th submission in 56 weeks, only skipped week 119 due to vacation). Racing here with you guys has been great, I'm looking forward to enjoy this again in GT5, both online and offline. Though I won't participate anymore, I'll keep an eye on this forum to see how it's going.

:cheers:

Carlos - It's been nice to have you in here, offering helpful suggestions and helping to set the pace each week. 👍 Most of us are making the transition from GT4 to GT5P, some more quickly than others. I can understand moving over, the games are different enough that it's tough to be your best at either one while you are still playing both. At least that's the case for me. :dopey:

I'm still hanging on to GT4 for now. Mainly because of WRS, various LAN events, and the track and car selection as compared to prologue. But I can certainly respect you making the move.

Good luck, and see you out on the track. :cheers:

Been quite a while since I raced GT4 but a 4-elephant car at Midfield ... how could I resist.

T1: 25.929
T2: 50.869

Sure beats bouncing the Ferrari off the walls at Suzuka :D

managed today another 10 laps..
i improve to

T1 25.820 (.797)
T2 50.610 (. 590)
BAD T3:ill:
Maybe tomorrow i will try again if i have time

I gave it a try today

T1 27.270
T2 52.982

Don't think i'll do better, just came back from a bus. trip n i'll start work tomorrow + i have a deep cut in my left hand :(

I'll try to do my best....

2nd run

T1 26.703
T2 52.302

3rd run

T1 26.516
T2 52.304

Last edited:
:scared: You guys are being super fast this week
I cannot get this car to get lower than 26'2xx & 51.1xx
When I increased the HP to +20 I managed to get around the times on the Luxy...
Have lots of work to do :crazy:

GL all...

My final splits are...

T1 25.932
T2 50.676
Time Submitted
Edit: I've done better, but I had 3 wheels off the track before T1, the long S :grumpy:

Last edited:
New Splits for me after a short session today -

Haven't made my goal yet, so I'll be coming back to this one.

EDK
New Splits for me after a short session today -

Haven't made my goal yet, so I'll be coming back to this one.

Hmmm ... that means I'm still ahead of you at the finish ... hmmm ... should I run another session or not ... ? Still there do seem to be a whole new bunch of fast buggers that have popped up since my retirement so maybe I can squeeze in a few more laps this arvo :-)

Im throwing the towel this week

Submitting with splits

T1 26.039
T2 50.947

Too many laps I was ahead by 0.1 - 0.2 but never cashed in a good last sector in those laps

After 10 laps I found 1.5 seconds at the s/f ...

The car is so sticky I wonder what it'd be like on soft tyres :)

Leaderboard updated
... but this is one of those weeks where Luxy will only be a meager indication of the performances at the finishline due to that big lefthander after T2.

Last edited:
After 10 laps I found 1.5 seconds at the s/f ...

The car is so sticky I wonder what it'd be like on soft tyres :)

Leaderboard updated
... but this is one of those weeks where Luxy will only be a meager indication of the performances at the finishline due to that big lefthander after T2.

sorry but in the leaderboard erik has got the dfp.. that's not true..
i've the joypad:cheers:

I ended up not trying this again. So... does anyone want to be lucky and receive a free PAL replay of a fast lap before the deadline :sly: and commit to post it at the results thread?

Don't understand. First you quit WRS, then you say you didn't try and you now want someone to post a replay of your lap you did NOT do ???
:confused::confused::confused:
I am very willing to post your lap but please make some sense first, Carlos, if you would? 👍

I ran a first session a few days ago, with splits posted some posts back. I wanted to run again but I didn't. Tomorrow I'm going on vacation so I won't be able to post my replay (of the first session) for this week (which is my last). That's why I wanted someone to do it for me, please.

Last edited:
Hey, Carlos its too bad you won't be competeing in the WRS.
Have a good time on vacation and we'll see you once the registry events are up and running. Thanks for all your input at the WRS.

I ran this combo again last night but did not post any splits thinking it wouldn't move me up the board. Wrong. I was also .3 quicker at the line.

The next session I'll see if I can put it all togoether and get below my target time.

New splits

I have gotten into the 50.6's with a best of 50.630 but can't improve at the line. I may give it one more shot tonight.

Last session tonight, I picked up a small amount in the splits and a little more at the line.

Looks like it's going to be close as usual here at Mid-Field. :scared:

Submitting now.

Slight improvement in my final effort on this excellent combo. The only thing I don't like about it is the engine noise :lol:

Final Luxy update of the week - see you all soon in the Bavarian :D

Never made it back to the console. Submitting my splits that are on the board.

Good luck to all still running!

Well I didn't reach my goal for this week.
Submitted laps splits.

Good luck to all.

Submitting now - the lap on LUXY

I think we are going to be close. I had the same kind of last sector that you did, and we are only separated by 0.016 on the board. :nervous:

Good Luck!

EDIT: Got your new splits on the BOARD, Kenny.

Last edited:
Back