GT4 WRS Week 23: "Trimming Time at Mid-Field"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 403 comments

CFM

Hello again everyone, welcome to week 23 of the GT4 WRS! It's off to Mid-Field Raceway with a nice handling Touring Car. The competition will be close this week; mastering the course and shaving those hundredths and thousandths will be crucial this time!:scared:
Arcade Mode:
Time Trial - Original Circuits
Track :
Mid-Field Raceway (Forward) / Hotlap
Car:
Toyota Altezza Touring Car '01
(This Car can be won in the Toyota Altezza Manufacterer Cup Races)
week23race1ej.jpg

Race Settings:

Full Arcade Tune +20%HP, -10%kg (361 HP, 900 kg)
Tires - Racing (Any combination and compound)
Top Speed setting - Any (210km/h to 450 km/h)
Transmission - Driver's choice of AT or MT
Driving Aids - Driver's choice of TCS and ASM on or off

Rules:

Only discuss "T" times!

Clean OLR Standards:
Two Tires on track at all times!
Rumble strips are part of the track
The two grey concrete extentions within the two tunnels are NOT part of the track this week. Stay in contact with part of at least two wheels with the white lines and/or rumbles in the tunnel areas! Do not completely pass over into the paved areas past the white lines and/or rumble strips!
No wall touching
No short cutting
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best "ghost" replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name

Time Verification:
-The top division 1 drivers each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, September 20th, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

Yikes what a combo.. hmmm.... must try... like right now 👍
Looking like very very close times this week! :)
At last a track with no walls near the road!!

~~~~ Jase

Cool cool, so where do I get it?

And yeah, there will definitely have to be some time set aside to play this combo, it is definitely going to be close... :dunce:

Looks like it will be another great combo CFM! 👍

I really like Midfield and hope to do well again.

Laters

I may find some time to do this :D, even with BC5 👍

Thank you sir... I'll have Bob(B-Spec) work on it while I get ready for work so I can put in an hour or so after work this afternoon, and before I head off to work at my other job... :dunce:

Edit: Damnit, maybe I won't, Pat's got the his BC5 race up and waiting for him...

for what we´ve seen in BC5, this week is going to be superclose...

great car, we are also running this in the JGTC qualify...

great, great, and Todd you´re getting better everyweek with photomode, cool one again...

looking foward to racing this one today...

too bad we won´t discuss the final section of the track... a lot of time is made there...

another great combo 👍

Looks like everybodies favourite track.. and i admit its one of mine too :)

After 6 or so laps

t1: 20.7xx (Could be looking at 19.xxx maybe...)
t2: 41.0xx (stuffed up a corner or 2 so should get to around 39.xx)

👍 great work there CFM, enjoying this combo.. can't wait til the week ends.. the results should be spectacular

~~~~ Jase

My most hated track from GT3 because of its magnetic rumbles, but I think that's been fixed now. I thought I would never say this, but this combo on Midfield looks like fun!

Result from the first 10 laps:

T1: 20.553
T2: 40.342

Supersofts + gearing at 270. I'll try 280 next time

Great combo CFM! 👍

Really like the track, always have! Even in reverse!

Good car, handles nicely! Even the understeer is predictable and progressive.

Splits from me with super-softs all-round and 270 gearing (I have tried 280, and until I get the lead out of my left foot, they are slower(for me))

T1 20.807
T2 40.756

Neil

Cant wait to give this a go. I used to love midfield on GT3, hope its just as good on GT4. The car sounds good, its not the BMW tourer but Im sure we'll have that soon eh ??!! :)

lets hope i manage to miracle my way round this one too!!!!
its gonna take alot of practise.... luckily i have no work this week!! he he he
good luck everyone.

another 'interesting' combo there CFM.

cass

This sounds like it might be a nice combo 👍

I used to love this track in GT3, but it lost some of its appeal in GT4, due to the fact that it's hard to take the S turn after the first right 180 full throttle, on particularly fast cars.

I hope this is not the case, with this week's race.

I will give it a try tonight, as soon as I manage to get home from university.

Later.

The Wizard.

Interesting combo 👍
First one I've felt like entering in a while

After 5 laps:

T1: 20.916
T2: 40.590

Okay, got the leaderboard updated just to get things rolling ... I'll update it again later tonight, although I may not be able to drive until later in the week (don't own the car). I'm also a little bleh about the track ... ODed in the JGTC, so I'll see how I feel later on.

Well I did three laps got a good time and have hit a wall the last half hour....meh...whatcha gonna do?

Top Speed 270

T1 - :20.483
T2 - :39.917

jump_ace

Well, I see "Mr & Mrs ARCADE" are back!:irked::lol::lol:
I like this track but NEVER do well here! :indiff: Best after 10 quick laps:

T-1 = 20.6
T-2 = 40.5

Don't see a lot of improvement for me! :banghead: ...O.G. :D

after some 30 mins i´ve been doing a nice lap, altough i can just improve in T1, the rest of the lap was a total fluke.

T1 - 0'20.370 - what a gay, lost probably 0.100
T2 - 0'39.476

I guess a total 0.2 better would be my finish time this week. Or even 0.1.

Back