GT4 WRS Week 6: "Step Into the Ring!"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 571 comments
Kolyana
SRD, I believe your guaranteed the top spot and have been since day 1 ... we've not been able to touch you this week at all. I'm assuming that you have a lot of experience with the ring, because you posted that time fast and it's comparable to a good D2 time.

Kolyana,

There are a lot of other drivers here in Div 3 that have been faster then me in other WRS events..most noticeably Old Geezer
...who by the way has not posted yet in this thread as of yet...so I'm not ruling out someone in our own division laying low, not posting T-times in the thread but then submitting a faster time to CFM...(Boy, is that positive thinking or what! :D)

As for the comment about having experience on the ring...I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm an expert...but I have put a lot of long hours of driving on this track using a wide variety of cars...So, I guess all those laps have helped in some way eah? LOL!

SRD have you submitted your time yet? You are overkilling us Div 3ers. :indiff: :P

Yes I have...but in my defense..if you look back at the past 5 WRS events..I got my arse handed to me by a lot of other drivers...so, I was fortunate that this combo came up...

I'll be honest and say that I was hoping for a high finish this week in Div 3 because I made the assumption that not everyone knew this track and that I just might for once have the upper hand...hehehe... I bet I don't come at all close to getting a top 3 finish with the next WRS event...unless it's a Rally Event..then all bets are off!...:D

Ray

T2 1'04.321 T4 2'08.640 T7 3'43.628 T9 4'35.213

time submitted, thats the best i could do with ****ty DS2, should have beem better but had no time to play this week. good luck in the results everyone

kragbees
What's wrong with it ? :nervous: I see we're close together on times this week ! 👍

As said in an earlier post.. .The gear shift (only "up" for now) is fubar.. 50% of the times I shift up, it gives me 2 or 3 gears up instead of one..

I'm not too concerned as I'll just replace both switches with a couple of military grade switches - only problem is, I couldn't get any before today, so it fuxx0red my Week 6 run which I enjoyed very much....

And I can't use the stick.. Tried for a couple of hours yesterday - and I'm too stupid to use it.. Also it doesn't help I'm running with FF on Full so driving with one hand over curbs, while shifting.. Meh!.. You figure it out ;)

It's official, I gave up, I think I spent too much time trying to do something today without any luck, because I can't concentrate anymore. Hah. So my second clean lap of three was submitted. So much for running a 1'04.7xx T2 twice, and multiple low 2'11.xxx T4s... :'(

1'04.533
2'09.333
3'45.080
4'37.244

Improved by .1, can easily see 1 - 2 seconds but just cant put it together.

Flerbizky
As said in an earlier post.. .The gear shift (only "up" for now) is fubar.. 50% of the times I shift up, it gives me 2 or 3 gears up instead of one..

I'm not too concerned as I'll just replace both switches with a couple of military grade switches - only problem is, I couldn't get any before today, so it fuxx0red my Week 6 run which I enjoyed very much....

And I can't use the stick.. Tried for a couple of hours yesterday - and I'm too stupid to use it.. Also it doesn't help I'm running with FF on Full so driving with one hand over curbs, while shifting.. Meh!.. You figure it out ;)

Well good luck with your replacement of the switches ! Seems like some guys have problems with their DFP's and some not ... did they have an update on the wheel (like a newer version or something ?) Cause I bought mine only this year in Feb. and mine has no problems at all so far ... Seems like the older the DFP the more problems with pedals, maybe I'm wrong ... But I must say the ultimate test for the DFP is the WRS :lol: with all the retries !

kragbees
Well good luck with your replacement of the switches ! Seems like some guys have problems with their DFP's and some not ... did they have an update on the wheel (like a newer version or something ?) Cause I bought mine only this year in Feb. and mine has no problems at all so far ... Seems like the older the DFP the more problems with pedals, maybe I'm wrong ... But I must say the ultimate test for the DFP is the WRS :lol: with all the retries !

A long time ago (couple of months) I catually had the wheel and pedals replaced my Logitech - for free, so I do indeed have the new version..

Twas the pedals that failed on the old one...

Flerbizky
A long time ago (couple of months) I catually had the wheel and pedals replaced my Logitech - for free, so I do indeed have the new version..

Twas the pedals that failed on the old one...

Well then I guess it's luck of the draw with which wheel one gets ... and whether you'll have problems or not ... same as when you buy a car probably ... no 2 ones are the same ... b.t.w. what's the warranty period on the DFP ? 1 year ?

time submitted.

how i have said before, i see one more second. the same time like with the Astra is possible but not now, i haven´t any time more to race.

great time hOt6o4bOi 👍

replay will come later. :)

veilsidebr
Time submited. I will stay away from WRS for some time tho. 2 reasons for that.

1 is that i don´t have Max Drive and i don´t want more argues and confusion about time profs. I undestand the rules and i don´t want to go against them, so as i cannot prove my times, i won´t play.

2 is that i need to stay away from my PS2 for some days, or i will stay forever away from it as i will break it if i get angry again. DS2 just sucks and im not the person who drives happy with it. I will see if i get a DFP as soon as possible, so i will be allowed to drive all i can. My DS2 is just some trash due to lots of playing these years, so its even more a trash now. BTW i hate to play on it.

I will get back to WRS when i get one of Max drive or DFP, or if im lucky, both.

Wish good luck to you all tho and more chalenges to come up. 👍

I honestly don't understand you veilsidebr. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to have a go at you, but it's clear that you're a fast driver, and yet, even after all that rubbish @ GTTimes back in Oct 2004 (6 months ago!) you still haven't got yourself a valid means of verification. If I were as fast, I know where my priorities lay.

Good luck in getting a Max Drive in the future 👍

hey sphinx, dont be too hard on veilside...

i was in the exact same situation mayb 6 weeks ago or so?
at the gt.database site all my times were removed because i couldnt verify

it was just a matter of time b4 i could buy the max drive, came out to 45 canadian for me, and i had to pay it myself...

sooo veilside knowing that he cant purchase 1 anytime soon is just giving us a heads-up

i trust that hes legit, and cant wait till he gets his DFP and max drive 👍

thnx Rudi, the .550 i lost to you in t9 - End i would love to know how.
I HOPE THAT UR NTSC plzzzzzzzz :D

submitted, can easily get another 1.5 seconds but just cant put it together, good luck to all and i hope i get a top 10

I thought I would never manage to be the proud owner of a clean lap, this week :D

Yeah, that was the real challenge for me, obtaining a submittable lap.

I thought I finally managed to obtain one last night, but I went off track in one spot, toward the end of the technical part before the long straight, and I was only one inch away from the rumble strip. A hair closer and the lap would have been safe :indiff:

This morning, just 10 minutes ago, I managed to obtain a clean lap, that was only 0.140 seconds slower than the one I had previously.

I could have been a couple of second faster, but I played it conservatively - with only 30 minutes left to submit, I couldn't afford not to make the cut.

So here it goes:

T2: 1'06.649
T4: 2'13.641
T7: 3'53.201
T9: 4'48.305

I don't like the times, I have seen better, but again, had to make it clean ;)

Submitting...

The Wizard.

Just to ask, sorry about this, maybe cause i just restarted the UK version after playing the JPN one, but i don't have the TT listed in my cars :( do i need to attain a higher % to unlock it as i am only about 28% into the game due to restarting! doh!

you need to buy it 550,000cr, and as its 2hr 30min away from deadline, you should just wait for the next weeks race, it will be posted when the results are up.

I'm very disgusted with my DF Pro. I almost didn't finish because I'm another one that suffered pedal failure, either fluttering or completely dead. This unit has a loose pedal connector unit, tho I don't know if that's the problem or not. My previous Driving Force wheel still has a bad power connector. I don't know what their problem is, if they were bought by General Motors or what, but they had better get their house in order. I'm writing both them and Sony to voice my displeasure at spending $140 on a piece of junk. I'm sure Logitech will fall all over themselves to fix things, but they shouldn't have had to in the first place, and that leaves me wheeless for a while. :(

Not to mention my times end up being mediochre. My lack of skills don't need any help...

Ah ok, i was never sure if it was cars raced/attained or that you have to buy ones etc. no biggie :) I was gonna try for a quick time but you're right, with 2 hours 30 left & the ring being the race of choice, i wouldn't stand much chance of a desirable time. :)

Thanks small_fryz :)

kragbees
Well then I guess it's luck of the draw with which wheel one gets ... and whether you'll have problems or not ... same as when you buy a car probably ... no 2 ones are the same ... b.t.w. what's the warranty period on the DFP ? 1 year ?

I may have one of the older DFP's (in the US) purchased in January '04 in anticipation of GT4. On GT3 it was problematic, losing its mind often. And when GT4 arrived, it drove me batty with refusing to consistently give 100% throttle. It was only when I looked closely at the throttle quadrant on the display that I would notice a tiny black gap at the top, which indicated less than full throttle. This would usually happen after a few laps but not at the beginning. I got into the habit of cycling the connector before doing anything, and then pausing and cycling it during events. Obviously this was a distraction.

I worked on the pedal cable connector at the wheel console, using a small amount of vaseline on the pins, and securing the male/female connector joint with a few wraps of rubber band, forcing it together. It has been seemingly reliable, but I'm not sure I really trust it though it displays 100% with no noticeable tiny black gap.

I did contact Logitech about a fix, and they raised the warranty issue, which is only for one year, but offered to sell me a new one for $100, which I declined. I may change my mind and go ahead and buy the new one, at least for comparison. The Logitech people were understanding and professional, but they didn't seem about to send me a new wheelset gratis.

I would hate to think there is something actually wrong with the older DFP's, but it is hard for me to trust it, simply because of the problems before my vaseline and rubber band fix.

Time (i got from these slightly better splits) submitted

T2 - 1'05.657
T4 - 2'11.386
T7 - 3'48.962
T9 - 4'42.313

didn't have as much time on this as i would've liked but i'm pleased with my time all the same.

I bought mine in April in Missouri, US, if that's indicative of anything. Oh well, have to grab a nap before work, sigh....

Well, i have bad news, and worse news.
The bad news is, i got a much faster lap time than chips, but the car left the course on the final fast section before the mini karussel without reason. I nearly broke the dfp in anger.
But the worse news is, my new shiny slim pstwo wont load the maxdrive disc this morning, so i cant transfer the replay file over to it.
Ive sat there for a full 45 mins pressing reset to get it to load, and it starts to boot, i get the Playstation 2 logo appear, then it spins the disc really fast, and then i get the "please insert a playstation 2 format disc" screen in red.
AAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.
i cant believe it.
Im submitting, cos i know a lot of other ps2's in the area that might boot the software, but i cant believe im gonna have to go thru this hassle everytime i pwn a division.

Any ideas anyone?

I have to stick with my old time now, which im disappointed with, as i can and have gone faster, but its the fact i cant upload a replay at the minute thats worrying me.
I will try for the entire evening tonite..... If i need it that is.... some of you guys are fast!!!

Thanx for the kind words on the write up everyone, im pleased i was noticed. It did take a while.

Good luck to everyone at the finish.

too bad there vexd mate, i saw multiple T9's in the 4'37.0xx area only to spin, i feel for ya.

Interesting to see how much longer your in div2, i dont think you will be pwning divisions for much longer mate!, soon you will be div1.

The bottom of Division 2 has now been submitted.

Only 4 hours track time spread over 2 days last week isn't enough to even get a decent idea of what this track is about. Looks like this week's race is going to be the same. I'll only have tonight to race; down to the bottom I go...again.... hehehe

I did learn a lot from the postings here, so thanks to you all for keeping the info flowing onto this board. Great links and driving tips shared!

Later,
Canoe

Rudi Raser
sorry, is the PAL version. but i have also the US NTSC, maybe i will do some more laps with the faster version. :D
What do u mean, faster version?
:grumpy:

Latest Posts

Back