GT4 WRS Week 6: "Step Into the Ring!"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 571 comments
vexd
But the worse news is, my new shiny slim pstwo wont load the maxdrive disc this morning, so i cant transfer the replay file over to it.
Ive sat there for a full 45 mins pressing reset to get it to load, and it starts to boot, i get the Playstation 2 logo appear, then it spins the disc really fast, and then i get the "please insert a playstation 2 format disc" screen in red.
AAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH.
Any ideas anyone?
It happens to me sometimes with the X-port disc, and a software reset (quick press on the red button) is usually not enough. A hardware reset (power off, power on) gives better results.
For the rest, patience is the key.

I am sure that ya'll with DFP's and running manual, this track does no juctice to all the shifting ya do.

Well, here I sit 1 hour before dead line, 9PM JST, and #2 on my checklist way back toward begining of this thread is still DNF after several attempts again today. Think this the most I tried in a week of WRS. Am so frustrated, that I am done.

👍 to all you that could, guess just not cut out for the Ring even after all the pratice Nat and I did before it. Will be interesting where my best dirty falls in at the bottom of D3 though, so will post that info tomorrow when I get up and go to work.

Damn, I've missed the deadline by a matter of minutes. :grumpy:

Oh well, I had only done a handful of laps and would have been no where in Div 1 anyway.

RacyBacy
Then post 1 should make the deadline 2pm GMT and not 1! I'm away for a few laps and will submit! 👍

No the 1 PM GMT is correct, I am in Japan.

Japan is +9 from GMT, and 10 PM is the deadline. (we do not observe Daylight in Japan) EDT is -4 from GMT, and CDT is -5 from GMT.

Forease:

10PM JST = 9 AM EDT
9AM EDT = 8 AM CDT
9AM EDT = 1 PM GMT

(Sorry military so GMT is my life)

Teledriel

Japan is +9 from GMT, and 10 PM is the deadline. (we do not observe Daylight in Japan) EDT is -4 from GMT, and CDT is -5 from GMT.

Forease:

10PM JST = 9 AM EDT
9AM EDT = 8 AM CDT
9AM EDT = 1 PM GMT

Agreed ! We are GMT + 2 , and I have to submit before 3 in the afternoon ... so its right. 👍

Submitted my extemely pathetic time to CFM

Haven't been able to race since dislocating left thumb on friday, most i have been able to stand is about half a lap before having to give up coz of the pain!
:grumpy: :ill: :grumpy: :ill:

never mind, it's getting better!
Swelling's going down and i now have about 60% movement without searing pain, only hurts when i have to grip hard now so will be able to compete properly this week- i hope!

Good luck to all!

Later, Neil

nonono, GMT is only 12:32 now, london is + 1 GMT for some reason, do not go on londons time, go on GMT. Trust me GMT is 12:32 atm, therefore deadline of GMT 1pm is correct

Edit didnt see posts above. Im still right though

Teledriel

Forease:

10PM JST = 9 AM EDT
9AM EDT = 8 AM CDT
9AM EDT = 1 PM GMT

and to confuse matters, 1 PM GMT = 2PM BST (British Summer Time...) :odd:

We does everyone not just work from GMT ??? Stuff the rest ?

Current GMT time is like Small_Fryz said 12:34 right now ...

GMT is currently working on BST as it is Summer here, so 8am CST is infact 2:00pm (14:00) GMT.

edit:
time.jpg

Well... Since some form of HTML / VB code is allowed, it should be possible to include a countdown in CFMs opening post of each race... That way there'd be no confusion whatsoever about time left etc..

Just a thought though...

OK here are my poor excuses :

1 I dont know the track at all (still ) :(
2 Within a whole week I could spent only 10h with this combo :(
3 Most of that time I restarted before T1 or T2 :(
4 I made only 1 clean lap within a whole week :(

And here are my terrible T times :(

T2 1.06.021 - I culd constantly have 1.05.200 but not during the clean lap :/
T4 2.14.186
T7 3.56.288
T9 4.55.562

Time submited - Ihv seen 4,5 sek faster than I submited but went of the track once :/
Im not pleased with my time at all - I already know that I will be the worst from all of the drivers :/
Ihv read in this topic that someone will make video out of that race - that will be appreciated.

Quick code test for a countdown!
Code:
<html>
<body>
<h1>New Year 2006 Is Coming!</h1>
<p>
Counting down to New Year 2006: <span id="countdown1">1 Jan 2006 00:00:00 UTC+0000</span>!
</p>
</body>
</html>

Well, that code works on my test site if you need to see it (http://www.timbrad.com/test.htm)

Time submitted. :yuck:

I was only confused since post #1 said 1pm GMT and we're an hour ahead in Scotland... but that's because of daylight saving amendments. 👍

No worries though. I think the countdown thing is a great idea. 👍

kragbees
I really think it can work, nice work man, must be dynamic though (no refresh needed ?)

Yes.. A dynamic clock would be the only way to go... Maybe just a small one included in the Header of the page.. After all, the WRS IS an institution at GTP ;)

Flerbizky
Yes.. A dynamic clock would be the only way to go... Maybe just a small one included in the Header of the page.. After all, the WRS IS an institution at GTP ;)

I think that will clear up all this issues with BST,GMT,ABC,DFG etc. etc. So one 1st page of each new race then ?

Back