GT4 WRS Week 76 : "Snake in the Valley"

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 236 comments
1'03.308

Nice to be back at the valley.

Straight line speed Test

Test Course

Topspeed = 330

Standing start - (2nd gear used to prevent wheelspin)

Manual gears

Test:
0-400

NTSC: 09.848 (144MPH)
Screenshot
PAL: 09.841 (142MPH)
Screenshot

Test:
0-1000

NTSC: 18.012 (180MPH)
Screenshot
PAL: 18.171 (175MPH)
Screenshot

Test:
Max Speed*

NTSC: 194MPH
Screenshot
PAL: 188MPH
Screenshot

*Max speed achieved by end of straight
👍 👍 👍

Well there you have it. All the conjecture, theory, and undeniable math can't shoot this down.

A tenth to 1000 feet is big!

Sad thing is now Cyril will have to test ALL future WRS cars in such a manner... <JK!!!!>

-SHig

here's my $0.02 on the pal/ntsc discussion.

1 = it should be continued in a separate thread
2 = until decided otherwise all wrs players should agree to participate regardless their gt4 version
3 = i wish cyril wisdom in deciding what to do next

for your convenience i have set up a new thread to accomodate in point #1.

meanwhile, thanks for all the work to shig and the others.

Great idea Steven, makes sense to me 👍
Back to the 76 discussion! :sly:

EDIT: New splits

T1 - 32.344 (Have seen 32.20x :eek: )
T2 - 1'02.665 (Have seen 1'02.580 :eek: :eek:)

&#946;en;2445560
EDIT: New splits

T1 - 32.344 (Have seen 32.20x :eek: )
T2 - 1'02.665 (Have seen 1'02.580 :eek: :eek:)

You have been assimilated!

Take me next please? :sly:

Darren.

He hem new splits, Darren :sly:

T1 - 32.180
T2 - 1'02.477 (Saw a 1'02.35x :eek: :eek:)

One of the best laps I've ever done, in my life 👍 👍

I KNOW there is more to come from it yet, I literally had to stop because my thumb was giving me agony.

Straight line speed Test

Test Course

Topspeed = 330

Standing start - (2nd gear used to prevent wheelspin)

Manual gears

Test:
0-400

NTSC: 09.848 (144MPH)
Screenshot
PAL: 09.841 (142MPH)
Screenshot

Test:
0-1000

NTSC: 18.012 (180MPH)
Screenshot
PAL: 18.171 (175MPH)
Screenshot

Test:
Max Speed*

NTSC: 194MPH
Screenshot
PAL: 188MPH
Screenshot

*Max speed achieved by end of straight

Yes, this should be carried out in another thread now. But one last thing to point out.

The PAL version has the advantage in the 400M, although NTSC seems to have the trap speed advantage.

The NTSC version gains an advantage going into the 1000 and MAX SPEED results. This supports my theory that the ORECA has a large power drop off late, and the average HP up high given each input in the powerband, NTSC has an advantage because it has more inputs to average, that is simple math.

EDIT....

I am writing a spreadsheet (Excel) that can visually show what I am talking about in average HP per 'input' for both NTSC and PAL.

due to the differences in the versions with the oreca, small fryz deserves to win his bc race at deep forest in my opinion, he came 3rd but was only .3 off icemans ntsc time and at that track i would say the advantage to ntsc would be worth .5 secs atleast.

due to the differences in the versions with the oreca, small fryz deserves to win his bc race at deep forest in my opinion, he came 3rd but was only .3 off icemans ntsc time and at that track i would say the advantage to ntsc would be worth .5 secs atleast.

yeah but BC6 is done and dusted so we cant do anything about it now...

and ON topic i have not been able to pull anymore time out of my previous best so TIME SUBMITTED

yeah but BC6 is done and dusted so we cant do anything about it now...

and ON topic i have not been able to pull anymore time out of my previous best so TIME SUBMITTED

yes, i was just letting gtplanet members know that one of our racers got stooged badly due to the differences and as a result lost his race when he probably deserved the win on skill.

yes, i was just letting gtplanet members know that one of our racers got stooged badly due to the differences and as a result lost his race when he probably deserved the win on skill.

In that case, you can also let the GTP Members know that you were also given ample time to test the proposed combo before voting took place. As already been mentioned in this thread, this is nothing new, there has always been a difference and therefore should’ve been tested by your team before voting took place. Obviously your team didn’t test it. Learn from your mistake and move on.

What I dislike about situations like this is the fact that I can't personally test this out. :(
I look at the screen shot and see that in every one where PAL is slower in time and speed PAL is also lower in RPMs.
Luckily, I trust that Sphinx is more about the testing and science of this. However, science should recognize "trust." :ouch:
In the end I'll still take what Sphinx says, but at the same time I can see room for even what he has provided to be skewed in by various factors in each scenerio (launch, throttle application, gearing, etc etc).

Oh well, I suppose this means PAL and NTSC will forever have to race without one another... Personally, I still don't like the idea of submitting this week simply because I don't want to submit, beat a PAL racer by .3 and have my time contested based on the issue at hand. 👎

I guess this is just how it goes... We find what is generally considered a screw-up by PD and we end up paying for it. 👎
I just hope they fix this up before they try to act like a real online mode is possible- not with these kinds of disrepencies! :P

Well, isn't the PS3 supposed to be region-free? It'd enable us to run a single version of the next GTs...

Nope, replay-files only are accepted (MaxDrive, X-Port, Sharkport, etc.), since they can be viewed in the Analyzer, stopped at will, and every millisecond can be viewed from 64 angles, and therefore provide the best (and currently only) mean of verification.

Newer newest splittos!
I know that 174 MPH is fastest possible on the start, all my laps start at 174 on PAL.

T1 - 32.20x
T2 - 1'02.45x

Nice ones 👍 , another 0.080 seconds off my final time.

On splits that makes me the 2nd fastest PAL'er this week. Hopefully my finish was good.

That's a pity. MaxDrive, X-Port, Sharkport - that's devices, that can help to send my 'plays from PS to PC? If so, never saw them... Any ideas where can I get them, or read about? Need your help(((

hi moscow man,
if you are serious in playing wrs or other tournaments in gtp it's a good idea to try to find a replay device such as maxdrive. in europe it's either available in game shops or can be bought online. devices that produce .max files are most commonly used.
they are used to make a bridge from your console to your desktop and up- or download gamesaves and replays.
good luck!

Thank you for help, Bigracer. I think I'll find something like that) Great results for you on a racetrack & good luck! I will compare my times with your official results... for a while)) See you...

And Here is where you can order one. I used that very same site, it came after ~7-8 workdays. Safe (many other members used it, too) and cheap. It's PAL, since you're from Moscow, so I assume you've got a PAL GT4...

Back