amp88
So this would be considered legal then?

If so, my current splits (after 3 laps):

1'04.784
1'30.766
1'52.472
2'20.311
2'49.324

I'm not CFM of course, he'll give you a official answer but I did the same thing and I believe its legal.

T1 30.388
T2 1'03.530
T3 1'29.854
T4 1'52.083
T5 2'19.902
T6 2'28.837

There is room for improvement there but that is the best I have done so far.

Lemke
T1 30.388
T2 1'03.530
T3 1'29.854
T4 1'52.083
T5 2'19.902
T6 2'28.837
Portland YAY! Lol. Is that a gold time? I haven't played it at all yet... Haven't done this license test before either I don't think, we'll see what happens when I get around to it. But I don't want to get around to it until later on in the week... Try and get some stuff done instead in between working. Lol

KLR142
Portland YAY! Lol. Is that a gold time? I haven't played it at all yet... Haven't done this license test before either I don't think, we'll see what happens when I get around to it. But I don't want to get around to it until later on in the week... Try and get some stuff done instead in between working. Lol

I think to get a gold you have to beat a 3'19.000 or 3'20.000. Its one of the 2 so yeah thats a gold. I love this track and the car so this is going to be a fun week for me.

the real 6c
ahh the logitech force feedback. I wouldn't go so far as to call it incredible, unless we are speaking in terms of how retarded it is.

"but you don't have to take my word for it."-Lavar Burton, Reading Rainbow

wOw, you think that straight is smooth sailing in real life?! LOL nowhere close

for you guys turning down the force feedback, why!? :crazy:

lol it isnt hard to hold a wheel straight is it!? :ouch:

o and " AYE "

Right, I'm a little confused with the rules this week. My interpretation of the rules is that we've to treat the track (within the confines of the curbs) and the red track (outwith the confines of the curbs) as legal and valid track. This means we've to treat all others areas as invalid track (i.e. grass and normal track outside the curbs). Is this correct?

I've put a few pics together to illustrate what I mean...

Picture 1. This would be invalid IMHO because all 4 wheels are outwith the confines of the curbs and the track they are on is not red.
Picture 2. This would be valid IMHO because all 4 wheels are on red track (which, according to CFM is valid track).
Picture 3. This would be invalid IMHO for the same reason as Pic 1 would be invalid.

Any area where the driver has 2 or more wheels on the track (within the confines of the curbs) or the red track then that is valid...

amp88
Right, I'm a little confused with the rules this week. My interpretation of the rules is that we've to treat the track (within the confines of the curbs) and the red track (outwith the confines of the curbs) as legal and valid track. This means we've to treat all others areas as invalid track (i.e. grass and normal track outside the curbs). Is this correct?

I've put a few pics together to illustrate what I mean...

Picture 1. This would be invalid IMHO because all 4 wheels are outwith the confines of the curbs and the track they are on is not red.
Picture 2. This would be valid IMHO because all 4 wheels are on red track (which, according to CFM is valid track).
Picture 3. This would be invalid IMHO for the same reason as Pic 1 would be invalid.

Any area where the driver has 2 or more wheels on the track (within the confines of the curbs) or the red track then that is valid...

I believe you are right. Thats what I was thinking when I read the rules.

There is no interpretation needed. It's perfectly clear.
CFM
Since this is a Licence test, as long as the game passes you, your run is valid,

And, Amp, we can see your laptime...

daan
There is no interpretation needed. It's perfectly clear.

And, Amp, we can see your laptime...

You stopped a bit too short there, daan...

"along with the additional notes: No Wall Contact whatsoever. No Shortcutting if that is possible in any way."

Never noticed the lap time, I'll remove it immediately (it doesn't count anyway, it's invalid)

edit: Pics fixed, apologies

Okay we seriously need to get together and coordinate a little tourney here in P-Town I know of atleast 5 attendees just off the top of my head. I've been trying to coordinate one with Kolyana dn Tuff240 (gttimes I believe) then you both and myself....hhmmm....yes more powerful than you can possible imagine... :)

jump_ace

i would be interested in mayb driving to portland to attend this~!!!
not sure how long of a drive it is tho lol :crazy:

amp88
You stopped a bit too short there, daan...

"along with the additional notes: No Wall Contact whatsoever. No Shortcutting if that is possible in any way."
There are no walls that can help you. If you put 3 wheels off limits, the game will fail you.

To me, the bottom line is if the game passes you, it's valid.

However, I'm going to try and drive it within the kerbs and not use any of the red paved areas.

jump_ace
Okay we seriously need to get together and coordinate a little tourney here in P-Town I know of atleast 5 attendees just off the top of my head. I've been trying to coordinate one with Kolyana dn Tuff240 (gttimes I believe) then you both and myself....hhmmm....yes more powerful than you can possible imagine... :)

jump_ace
Hells yeah! Ha

But yeah, like I said, I'm going to wait before I put in some times for this week...

Uh huh, RIIIGHT. But after reading the above few posts, my lap wouldn't be legal. I was using everything possible, not hitting anything, but I would cut accross stuff, as in, the turn at the end of the straight, I don't know if I had two wheels inside the curbs, but in situations like that around the course I know I'm not playing by the rules if the rules don't include the whole track. I don't see why the red part would be included if the rest of everything isn't included... I've been fully on the red before, and that's not within the curbing, so... That's the same as being fully inside the curbing on a non red section as well... Anywho, here's my second clean lap, I kept improving a lot after each mess up, haven't seen the end of the track more than twice though. I have lots of room to improve in the second half of the track, but now I have something to chase. And if the stuff mentioned is illegal, then I have something to chase and make legal at the same time. Ok, no more for a day at least...

MY THUMB HURTS! DFP would make my thumbs happier, my foot would just have to rest instead... Jeez, can you say FLOOR IT!? :)

1'03.944
1'29.980
1'52.460
2'20.425
2'49.267

hOt6o4bOi
i would be interested in mayb driving to portland to attend this~!!!
not sure how long of a drive it is tho lol :crazy:

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RACE, YOU FREAKISHLY FAST ... um ... freak ...

T1: '29.907
T2: 1'02.726
T3: 1'28.681
T4: 1'50.983
T5: 2'18.524
T6: 2'47.046

Just waiting to get clarification on EXACTLY which is legal. Outise the chicane on pavement that's not red, or only ouside the chicane on red pavement.
The red pavement will be considered part of the track for this week since the game will decide if you are off track or not, next time we run at LeSarthe it will not be, however.
Sounds to me like its legal as long as the License Test doesnt fail you (Given that there were no major short cuts or whater, if any are even possible.)
As always though, will wait for CFM's clarification. :)

CFM said that if the license test deems it illegal, then it's illegal ... otherwise it's legal ... I'd assume that KLR's line was fine, despite cutting the corner, because the game waved it through as legit and permissable.

I'd love to see concrete clarification on this, though.

Yeah, I like the idea that if it passes you, it's good, and then also, NO wall touching as CFM originally said. It'll make it much easier to understand and choose where you can go off and where you are not allowed to go off.

So, if the test passes you, you're good I say, unless you touch a wall(if it's light it will still pass you, but for our purposes, no wall touching allowed). That's my opinion. So what're the rules?

=D Party on!

Lemke
T1 30.388
T2 1'03.530
T3 1'29.854
T4 1'52.083
T5 2'19.902
T6 2'28.837

There is room for improvement there but that is the best I have done so far.
... *twitch*
You sure about that T6: 2'28.837? Not trying to say you're a liar but, at T5 I was ahead of your T by more than a full second. Then at T6 I'm behind by 19seconds? Hmm

Well, now that some splits are coming in, might as well throw up my first few laps worth of work:

T1: 30.037
T2: 1'02.250
T3: 1'28.550
T4: 1'50.636
T5: 2'18.288
T6: 2'46.455

So much time in it yet, just need to set a decent ghost to play with.

Kolyana
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RACE, YOU FREAKISHLY FAST ... um ... freak ...

:( :(

t1 - 0'29.292
t2 - 1'00.795
t3 - 1'26.308
t4 - 1'47.816
t5 - 2'14.982
t6 - 2'43.098

really dissapointed that i wasted the lap by not cuttin the final section enough...
CFM, do you really want people to be flying through the final chicane at full speed?
its a pretty bad section you can cut at almost full speed.... :indiff: shietty

Any div. 3 racers fancy submitting some T times? This is my first race in the WRS and I would like to compare my Ts with other div 3ers to see how much I need to push myself.

EDIT: Here are my current T times:
T1 31.202
T2 1:04.883
T3 1:32.023
T4 1:54.317
T5 2:22.949
T6 2.52.999

These arent anything at all I know. I'm beating this by at least a second each time but I lose it on that right hander at the end of the mulsanne straight. I'm off for an early night tonight coz I got my English Literature GCSE exam tomorrow:scared:.Be sure to see some improvements here.

Cya!
Matt

vtec_guy
Any div. 3 racers fancy submitting some T times? This is my first race in the wrs and i would like to compare my Ts with other div 3ers to see how much i need to puch myself.

Pacific time here, so I won't get any racing in for another 3 or 4 hrs or so.

I posted mine on page 4 I think, but there's definitely much room to improve. I see at least two-three seconds coming off of my T6 time most likely...

Back