gt4's AI to have memory?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 45 comments
  • 2,634 views
With the amount of "ai bashing" I did on older GT's, I'll be in trouble if they do lol
 
Yeah I think I'll just wait and see. Don't want to build my hopes up to high on good AI.

Watched the video using streaming rather than downloading. It really did look promising.

I want this game so bad now!
 
I actually have hope for the AI, after watching the Supra's and TT round the Nordscheife and how they jostled and braked quite hard, I am looking forward to this. And if the above is true then it'll be fun to see an AI enemy harassing you.

I'm also keeping a keen eye on enthusia as AI reacts to the player and it's surroundings and I have played many a Konami game where the AI has frustrated me by being soo good, PES titles, Tenchu (fairly intelligent) and MGS1 on PS, Psycho Mantis aaaaaaahhhhhh!! (until you pick up controller 2 of course. lol)
 
MGS AI was crap....it had ZERO vision, followed foot prints to the point of walking round and round and round, and got confused about 90% of the time.
 
The "AI Memory" was a supposed to be a feature in GT3, as reported by PSM, but I guess PD ran out of time, and saved it for GT4. Should be fun and interesting.
 
Lets be honest now, gt3 was a rushed game, using the gt2 physics with tweaks :crazy: I bet PD used gt2's AI. Lets just hope PD brings the good 👍
 
cobragt
Lets be honest now, gt3 was a rushed game, using the gt2 physics with tweaks :crazy: I bet PD used gt2's AI. Lets just hope PD brings the good 👍
Oh, that was the latest GT4 video from the latest OPM, right? If so, I can skip it, and go straight for the MGS3 demo when my OPM magazine arrives any day now.
 
I dont believe that's the latest opm because the vid shows the nurb in its early stage.
 
code_kev
With the amount of "ai bashing" I did on older GT's, I'll be in trouble if they do lol

If I could some how transfer all the memory of the AIs from the GT1, 2, and 3, they would be hunting me down like I had a bounty on my head. :scared:
 
I just noticed that when the players car lost it and spun facing the AI car, it slowed down and avoided hitting the players car. Also you can clearly see the driver does use his legs in the car. :) Nice touch.
 
_aj
I just noticed that when the players car lost it and spun facing the AI car, it slowed down and avoided hitting the players car. Also you can clearly see the driver does use his legs in the car. :) Nice touch.
Yeah I noticed that with the driver. That was beautiful. :(
 
The AI looks promising... we'll see in December

this coming December I hope.
 
From what I've read a while back, this is suppossed to show its true colors during multiple race events and endurances races.

As much as some people will now find a big challenge, this is a step up towards the new generation of gaming AI.
 
I´m downloading it now, but that WMV link is not working properlly, cause it directs you to the QuickTime video... Oh well it will take me twice the time to see it, but it´s worthed.
 
So an AI which remebers that you ran into the back off him 3 laps ago and will try and drive very agressive to you inparticular and run you off the track.....COOL!!! :D fingers crossed!
 
Solid Lifters
Oh, that was the latest GT4 video from the latest OPM, right? If so, I can skip it, and go straight for the MGS3 demo when my OPM magazine arrives any day now.

OH SNAP! There's a playable demo on the way?!! This mag is sold in north-america right?
 
code_kev
MGS AI was crap....it had ZERO vision, followed foot prints to the point of walking round and round and round, and got confused about 90% of the time.

for it's time it was pretty impressive. the A.I. heard noises, you could distract them, they would remain cautious after seeing you, they would spot your footprints and follow them, and they would work in teams to take you down. And the boss A.I. was good too.

I know what you mean though. They seem real :dunce: by todays standards.
 
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I think it would be funny if the AIs actually help one another during a race just to make you lose...:O I dont mean liek as if each AI have its own goal to get first place, but they ACTUALLY work together to keep you away from winning! :drool::crazy:

Like for example:

There is this LONG straight away and you are in last place. You car have more top speed than the rest and so you get on the other lane. As you get on the other lane. the cars ahead of you would slowly form a diagonal line that covers the entire width of the track so you cannot pass....:O:O:O

EVIL EVIL Artificial INTELLIGENCE! :mad:
But in the end...I wouldnt want the AIs to be like that! :O:O
 
McLaren'sAngel
Hiya! :D :O :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

I think it would be funny if the AIs actually help one another during a race just to make you lose...:O I dont mean liek as if each AI have its own goal to get first place, but they ACTUALLY work together to keep you away from winning! :drool::crazy:

Like for example:

There is this LONG straight away and you are in last place. You car have more top speed than the rest and so you get on the other lane. As you get on the other lane. the cars ahead of you would slowly form a diagonal line that covers the entire width of the track so you cannot pass....:O:O:O

EVIL EVIL Artificial INTELLIGENCE! :mad:
But in the end...I wouldnt want the AIs to be like that! :O:O
:) Nah, I don't think they'll get that smart. :lol:
 
So CobraGT... I normally say that GT3 seems more like a "prelude" to GT4. If I said that some of the concepts in the rather rushed GT3 would eventually flow into GT4, would I be right, and why?

By the way, this kind of reminded me of a topic I kind of touched up on in the past. I haven't read it, but I will eventually. I'm going to enjoy the rest of this coverage of the Monterrey Historics.
 
GT3 is a Prelude only in that it came before GT4.

If all we hear about the AI is correct then GT4 is the first whole new game since GT1.
GT2 and 3 both had elements taken from there predecessors.

Lets see whats new.
1, a whole new concept on how the game will be played, including all new modes, including Photo and B spec, missions, new career mode.
2, loads of cars all supposedly modelled in a different technique to GT3
3, all new tracks, even the old ones have been remodeled.
4, all cars have had sound re recorded.
5, a whole brand new physics engine.
6, a completely new graphics engine,
7, now a supposedly whole new AI engine, that is a developement of what PD promised for 3.
 
_aj
I just noticed that when the players car lost it and spun facing the AI car, it slowed down and avoided hitting the players car. Also you can clearly see the driver does use his legs in the car. :) Nice touch.

That sound pretty darn good.. 👍 :scared:
 
Holy cow, man... great game between Navy (4-0) and Air Force (2-2) earlier tonight! Good job to our boys on the football field, but not to mention the proud men and women who protect the United States of America from Army, Navy, Air Force, the Marines, all of them.

Before my son of a b*tch computer crashed on me, I wanted to talk about this deal here. So apparentely, the AI has the oppurtunity to remember a rivalry against you? It sounds like a game I played as a demo, but don't own: "NASCAR Thunder 2004." So based on what I've been reading, if you raced in an all-American car race, and if you race a Camaro race car and bang into a Cobra R, he/she (because girls know how to race too!) will probably pay you back somewhere down the road? Or I raced the Fina McLaren and wipe out a tuned Saleen S7, and that Saleen racer would pimp slap me in some other race? I knew GT3 had a sort of "Emotion" physics, where I've seen people that I strategically take out and they want to fight back. Sometimes even, the person will probably fight through the pack and eventually catch up with me.

If GT4 is going to be better, I guess I have a bit of advice. Be careful who you mess with. Of course, that rule applies to GTPlanet, but surely more so in GT4.
 
JohnBM01
Holy cow, man... great game between Navy (4-0) and Air Force (2-2) earlier tonight! Good job to our boys on the football field, but not to mention the proud men and women who protect the United States of America from Army, Navy, Air Force, the Marines, all of them.
...err...thanks for that John :lol:

I've not seen those vids before, but they are not new. The interface with the dials is nothing like the newest buillds, and KY refers to Gran Turismo TV instead of B-Spec mode. So I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about the learning "AI" in more recent interviews or at the TGS...hope they haven't dropped it...
 
Not that I'm one to ruin a party or anything...but this 'AI revenge' thing is nothing new. It was supposedly in the old TOCA games on PSOne. It did seem to work as well...but then TOCAs AI was always pretty evil. Quite frankly I don't care if the AI come after me or not, I'd rather they just all went to any lengths to win races, like real human drivers would. Apart from anything else it would be hilarious to see one of the AIs ram another off the track!
 
WOW!!! I would have never thought of a feature like that. PD is really thinking outside the box 💡 , I like dat. 👍 I was mad when they once again delayed the game and even worse got rid of the online but it seems like they are doing their best to make of for that. I think some of you may agree that they're doing a good job. 👍
 
toca race driver 2 has commendable a.i. that blocks, screws up, and avoids problems relatively well. It's also more gratifying to fight your way through the ranks than just upgrade to a stage 4 turbo and lay waste to them.

also, they slow down and get their ***** asses AROUND your car when you crash, obstruct the course, or brake too early. Meaning essentially that they know how to operate their brake pedals and steering wheels, something that cant be said for GT3's A.I.
 
Back