gt4's AI to have memory?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cobragt
  • 45 comments
  • 2,631 views
The only thing I'm hoping for is that they don't act like you don't exist.....I hate being in front of a car and braking...only to be sent into the gravel pit because the A.I doesn't "see" me there. The only time they seem to know you're on the track is when they're ready to pass you. So irritating......I'm not getting my hopes up on the A.I anyway. But time will tell.....

TB2NV
 
Wow, 98Cobra. It's about time you come up with a racing-type Mustang for an Avatar. That's the car I [attempted] to take on the DTM race cars in GT3, but failed miserably. Hmm... kind of like the Kansas City Chiefs losing to my Houston Texans. Don't worry! I'm not knocking K.C.

As I say, aggressive AI comes in the form of "Pro Race Driver" and in "GTA: Vice City" when you have 2 or more Wanted Stars lit up Of course, if you have all six aglow, just ramming into a tank will end up in your little red wagon getting OWNED. That "little red wagon" doesn't mean that early-1990s red Cadillac El Dorado that keeps breaking down, I'm talking about your backside. And let me tell you something, aggressive AI isn't temporary once you start banging into folks.
 
JohnBM01
Wow, 98Cobra. It's about time you come up with a racing-type Mustang for an Avatar. That's the car I [attempted] to take on the DTM race cars in GT3, but failed miserably. Hmm... kind of like the Kansas City Chiefs losing to my Houston Texans. Don't worry! I'm not knocking K.C.

As I say, aggressive AI comes in the form of "Pro Race Driver" and in "GTA: Vice City" when you have 2 or more Wanted Stars lit up Of course, if you have all six aglow, just ramming into a tank will end up in your little red wagon getting OWNED. That "little red wagon" doesn't mean that early-1990s red Cadillac El Dorado that keeps breaking down, I'm talking about your backside. And let me tell you something, aggressive AI isn't temporary once you start banging into folks.
Whew, talk about A.I. bumping. Today I fired up GT3 and in arcade mode I got beat up by cars in Professional mode. I still won, but they were hitting me left and right and jacking my car up. For GT4, I hope the A.I. improves drasticly. Also look at them race at Cote de Azur, its like watching drunk people drive in the middle of the night. :)

Oh and John, I found a site that has nice wallpapers. That's where I got the Cobra R from. Lots of nice cars in there. If you're interested, I'll give you the address. 👍
 
kinigitt
OH SNAP! There's a playable demo on the way?!! This mag is sold in north-america right?
Sorry, I didn't see this until just now, yes, there will be a demo for MGS3 in the next, or should say this issue because some people have it already, issue of OPM Magazine. Yes, the one in North America.
 
kinigitt
OH SNAP! There's a playable demo on the way?!! This mag is sold in north-america right?
Yes OPM is in the USA. No it does NOT have a playable demo. Yet. But they have had "Track GT4" for the last few months. I highly suggest a subscription to this one. 👍 I've had mine for 4 years now, and I love it.
 
Solid Lifters
there will be a demo for MGS3 in the next, or should say this issue because some people have it already, issue of OPM Magazine.
Not that it matters, but I've had mine for three days now. I didn't figure there would be that much difference in delivery times.
 
TB
Yes OPM is in the USA. No it does NOT have a playable demo. Yet. But they have had "Track GT4" for the last few months. I highly suggest a subscription to this one. 👍 I've had mine for 4 years now, and I love it.
How much is your subscription?
 
98cobra
How much is your subscription?
12 monthly issues all around 150+/- pages and 12 PS2 demo disks - $40. Or $9 each if purchased at Walmart, Target, etc.
 
TB
12 monthly issues all around 150+/- pages and 12 PS2 demo disks - $40. Or $9 each if purchased at Walmart, Target, etc.
Thanks. That's a goog deal. 👍
 
I dont care for their writing, but the demo discs are always worth it.

same deal with OXM and Nintendo power. They all suck at being objective.
 
Actually when I was looking at a replay in Prologue the AI wasn't that bad (wow).
The AI is slow but they can do slipstream!!!!! :eek:
So the AI isn't so stupid as you think :b

:lol:
 
Cosmic
Actually when I was looking at a replay in Prologue the AI wasn't that bad (wow).
The AI is slow but they can do slipstream!!!!! :eek:
So the AI isn't so stupid as you think :b

:lol:

The AI is slow indeed, way to slow actualy. There's absolutly no challenge in racing in prologue.
 
den brakke
The AI is slow indeed, way to slow actualy. There's absolutly no challenge in racing in prologue.

Even on hard you can practically lap them in 5 lap race.
they still use the approach that as soon as they get a bit of squeel on the tyres they apply brakes to control, which makes them really slow in all the corners.
 
Here's a weird thought I had. If the AI driver who has a problem with you is a dope, I think he/she will be ramming into you like in past GT games. Never considered that, eh? Just hope the AI doesn't get to be a pain in the rear (look for other threads to discuss AI).
 
Weirder thought...

Will they have memory and remember that I like to LAP them on their left.
 
The real AI problem in Prologue is that they are very slow applying gas out of corners, they also brake way too early, so no challenge...
 
Back