GT5 2.0 Disappointment Thread

• Thread starter jason2590
  • 764 comments
In IGN's review for a rival game, I read this and found it hilarious. Didn't realize until now that I was turned into a circus animal by GT Life.

Above everything, however, *insert game name here* is a game that wants you to enjoy everything it has to offer. It doesn't hide the bulk of its cars away, or make you jump through hoops to unlock tracks for general use.

The fact is, they are giving us more events, completely free.

HAHA I wish I knew how to simplify what I try to explain in the half-assed detail I use. I do my best.

The "free" nature is irrelevant, GT5s aspec event total is pathetic compared to the other games. And creating events is not exactly a time consuming process is it. Also how about people who don't have easy access to the internet, or get a failure with their connection (it DOES happen you know) then BAM...immediatly back to pathetic aspec events. It's not good enough. It's not what I expected from a highly regarded (no longer by me though) developer such as PD.

Seasonal events are labeled A-Spec. If you don't like new added events that pay off more money, then I might as well throw my feces at you.

SPLLLLAAAT!
Forget about seasonals or even merging it with the main A-spec events for a moment. Please, do. Let's assume you also don't have your PS3 connected to the network. Think about it for a second. Still happy with your A-spec mode?

The fact is, they are giving us more events, completely free.
Don't get me wrong. It's great. But I really don't see how it's supposed to compensate or justify the minimal A-spec events.

i think the op needs to pull his head out his bum and play forza and stop winging about gt5 the update is good however im finding that races take a little longer to load which sucks a wee bit (it could be my ps3 tho)

i think the op needs to pull his head out his bum and play forza and stop winging about gt5 the update is good however im finding that races take a little longer to load which sucks a wee bit (it could be my ps3 tho)

And someone needs to be careful when posting in future. :rolleyes:

fair point sphinx however its a proper bitchy thread the op started and to be honest it seems a bit harsh on pd

Opinions my friend, we all have one. Feel free to question them if you feel that they are too harsh, but never attack another member for it. 👍

Downloaded it... and I dont mind the update... I can deal with the bland interiors simply for the fact that I prefer to race from that viewpoint

I do like that races load quicker (for me anyways)

I do not like that you still cannot visually modify 99.99999% (estimate) of the cars in the game, you still cant even so much as change a set of wheels

I do look forward to buying an X-Box this week and checking out FM4... hopefully my time with it will be more enjoyable than that I have spent on GT5, there's just too many things wrong with GT5 which prevent me from holding on the same pedestal a lot of you in here do.

Forget about seasonals or even merging it with the main A-spec events for a moment. Please, do. Let's assume you also don't have your PS3 connected to the network. Think about it for a second. Still happy with your A-spec mode?

Don't get me wrong. It's great. But I really don't see how it's supposed to compensate or justify the minimal A-spec events.

OOOOOF course not. But are people happy to pay for DLC? yes and no

Can people afford everything? no. It's just the way it is. If you don't have your PS3 connected to the internet, tough luck. You can't ask the question when it has nothing to do about the way PD has given the updates. They've been given, and that's all there is to it.

It's not supposed to justify it. That's what gets me. PD doesn't have to do anything to "justify" buying their game. As said many times, only a handful of developers - not even that many - on game consoles update their games like PD has. As said many times, GT5 originally had more content than most other games, or at least, a good number of them.

There just aren't any, what ifs. No justification needed because YOU decided to pay for the product. It's not a signed contract that if we're not satisfied, PD has to compensate us. That's really silly.

Last edited:
In IGN's review for a rival game, I read this and found it hilarious. Didn't realize until now that I was turned into a circus animal by GT Life.

Above everything, however, *insert game name here* is a game that wants you to enjoy everything it has to offer. It doesn't hide the bulk of its cars away, or make you jump through hoops to unlock tracks for general use.

If you don't think that is a problem with GT5, then I don't know what to tell you.

Aspec might have been quite "short" in terms to recreate true career feeling for us, but no one can actual say it is "useless" or "waste of time" cause we all had to finish it, didnt we ?
I find amount of races enough for my taste, but ofcourse I'd be happy to have similar "Championship" we had in GT2, which created the 5 track championship depending on your car, that was wicked.
While I'm well aware than in FM4 Seasons (11 in total) will be driven on Real Life tracks mostly, while there is abit less those tracks, so I can see it only total grinding in same tracks again and again and yet again.
So I'm sorry to say this but those Seasonals have been huge fun to me in GT5, I just wish those could be stored into our HDD so it wouldnt need online everytime to race those.

To the OP, I can hardly tell any disappointmed about the Spec II, everything feels just so much smoother now.

there's just too many things wrong with GT5 which prevent me from holding on the same pedestal a lot of you in here do.

This, exactly, it's all relative. I for one like what GT5 brings, a game i can come back to, a week later or months later and still feel immersed when i play. It's like i'm actually racing. FM* never did this for me, it just feels like i'm playing a game, a good game but still a game.

That said, folks may have different experiences, which is a good thing 👍. We have choices, we just get to choose what we like best ... simples :). And for some of you with some some bucks to spare they get to have both ... lucky.

why am I surprised?? of course a GT "fan" would make a complaint post.

how are you disapointed exactly? since the get go it said CLEARLY that the interiors would basically suck and that it would be new NASCAR skins.

I for one LOVE the update. you just need to stop finding anything to moan about and enjoy this FREE update. :dunce:

I think you're missing the real purpose of this thread. It's to give the unhappy a place to vent so hopefully they'll stay out of the other threads.

This thread is clearly labelled so if you don't want to read complaints then don't click it.

And since the purpose of this thread is to whine, here's mine...

I am disappointed in the closed cockpit view. It looks like I'm sitting in a cardboard box with holes cut in it. But I give props for the open-cockpit cars. Well done.

I am puzzled by the new NASCARS. Since these cars were included in GT5 as an afterthought IMO, with only Daytona and Indy (no "normal" oval tracks. And no way to make a decent oval in the track creator). I would have preferred either a couple of oval tracks to go with the new NASCARs or put that effort into giving us more race mods. Like the M3 and F430.

The AI is supposedly better, but I don't see it. Is it too much to ask that the AI could give me a run at the same PP? They still jam the brakes way too early and tip-toe through the corners.

Basing the payout on how many days in a row you've logged in is lame.

And the fact that it took almost a year to produce these little tweaks in Spec 2 defies explanation.

And why is there no career mode? I get it. It's a "simulator". But could you "simulate" a career mode, PLEASE????

But I do like some of it. I like the new physics. Best driving sim physics I've ever experienced. I like the fix for the draft.

Is it only me or did the prices and xp got lowered after the update???
Goto seasonal events and make a race. U will see that price money and xp are reduced with 2/3

Is it only me or did the prices and xp got lowered after the update???
Goto seasonal events and make a race. U will see that price money and xp are reduced with 2/3

thy're back to the original values.

But with the 200% login bonus you'll get close

s2k2k3
I think you're missing the real purpose of this thread. It's to give the unhappy a place to vent so hopefully they'll stay out of the other threads.

This thread is clearly labelled so if you don't want to read complaints then don't click it.

And since the purpose of this thread is to whine, here's mine...

I am disappointed in the closed cockpit view. It looks like I'm sitting in a cardboard box with holes cut in it. But I give props for the open-cockpit cars. Well done.

I am puzzled by the new NASCARS. Since these cars were included in GT5 as an afterthought IMO, with only Daytona and Indy (no "normal" oval tracks. And no way to make a decent oval in the track creator). I would have preferred either a couple of oval tracks to go with the new NASCARs or put that effort into giving us more race mods. Like the M3 and F430.

The AI is supposedly better, but I don't see it. Is it too much to ask that the AI could give me a run at the same PP? They still jam the brakes way too early and tip-toe through the corners.

Basing the payout on how many days in a row you've logged in is lame.

And the fact that it took almost a year to produce these little tweaks in Spec 2 defies explanation.

But I do like some of it. I like the new physics. Best driving sim physics I've ever experienced. I like the fix for the draft.

About the NASCARS, this is another opportunity oddly not used by PD to make a truly outstanding game, how easy would it have been to have NASCAR layout in course maker?! Just adjust length and bankings... we could recreate almost all NASCAR tracks within seconds. Seems like a big oversight to me or they just dont care, idk...
Its sad cause I love NASCAR, just the two tracks we have are rather untypical for it.

The physics are really great tho, this and collecting and tuning cars is what makes me always come back to it and it seems its getting better over time since PD are different than other developers and enthusiasts keep making improvements.

I think nascar type of 'racing' belongs in its own game. Gt5 does the nascar fans a disservice with a poorly executed nascar mode..

I think nascar type of 'racing' belongs in its own game. Gt5 does the nascar fans a disservice with a poorly executed nascar mode..

Yeah the official game does a better job...:dunce:

To be honnest GT5 doesnt do any type of racing very good... great hotlapping though.

I am HUGELY disappointed in Spec 2.0.

PD have had a year to listen to our complaints and anticipate on the big takeover from FM4.

They have failed to do anything substantial. Forza has all the cars that matter today. GT mostly offers cars that are irrelevant. Just add more Nascars and yet another GT-R? Sorry, you must be deaf, dumb and blind if you think that can save your game from sinking further and further into irrelevance.

Like that other failing Japanese company, Nintendo, PD seem to be stuck in the past and unwilling to see that the world has moved on since their glory days.

To me, Spec 2 simply proves that the reign of GT is over.

brambos
I am HUGELY disappointed in Spec 2.0.

PD have had a year to listen to our complaints and anticipate on the big takeover from FM4.

They have failed to do anything substantial. Forza has all the cars that matter today. GT mostly offers cars that are irrelevant. Just add more Nascars and yet another GT-R? Sorry, you must be deaf, dumb and blind if you think that can save your game from sinking further and further into irrelevance.

Like that other failing Japanese company, Nintendo, PD seem to be stuck in the past and unwilling to see that the world has moved on since their glory days.

To me, Spec 2 simply proves that the reign of GT is over.

Can't blame anyone for thinking this, honestly. I personally think that if this update was an attempt to sway people away from Forza 4, which I'm pretty sure it was, they didn't do a very good job. I think the update was pretty nice as I find the addition of more online restrictions and saving multiple tunes handy. However I don't think it was deserving of the "Spec 2.0" name. Much of the game still feels the same to me.

What do you think of the DLC?

Something needs to be time consuming to be worth our use?

ok

ryanb98 already explained it.

That's not what I was saying, it's not difficult to add events so we shouldn't be impressed it's free. When still after a YEAR INCLUDING seasonals GT5s aspec mode is smaller than the previous GT games. It's like PD have forgotten about Aspec.

This is probably all 100% correct, but they should have been focused on Forza 4 today. The sequels to both games will probably be on the next generation system, so these games are going to have an influence on what system people buy over the next few years. They're bringing 2011 cars and Jeremy Clarkson to the table, and GT5 is slapping Ethanol sponsored fuel inputs on NASCARs tp call them new cars and blacked out interior models.

Well said, I only bought a 360 so I could play Forza while waiting for GT5. These games really do play a huge roll (for race fans at least) in the purchasing decisions for next gen. If PD are really sinister enough to release a $60 beta and such a loyal fan-base, then shame on them.

Only it's not a $60 beta, its an actual game.

A very good one at that too for what it does: car game.

Surprised that this thread is still going actually.

Then again the posters are usually complaining and not playing the game like the others.:dunce:

Last edited:
It's over everyone. The reign of GT is over. 60 dollar beta it is. Pd are the mafia confirmed.

Seriously sumbrownkid, i wouldnt worry about what the naysayers reeally think of GT, PD or kaz.

You would think after all the hallabaloo over the greatest reviews ever for Forza, that now they would be content and enjoy their game completely.

Nope, the insecurity still remains. which proves the saying 'No one beats a dead horse'

It's over everyone. The reign of GT is over. 60 dollar beta it is. Pd are the mafia confirmed.

Seriously sumbrownkid, i wouldnt worry about what the naysayers reeally think of GT, PD or kaz.

You would think after all the hallabaloo over the greatest reviews ever for Forza, that now they would be content and enjoy their game completely.

Nope, the insecurity still remains. which proves the saying 'No one beats a dead horse'

Not too worried about GT5, I think its done its part.:)

It's just that calling GT5 a beta, is a bit...well...pulled out of the ass...

Back