GT5 at DigiExpo

• Thread starter Zimmerd
  • 82 comments
It's really hard to believe they could implement a track editor into GT5. If you take a look at the graphics in GT5P, I can't imagine what it would look like when you finished making or editing an existing race track. It's really overwhelmingly awesome if they implement it.

It's really hard to believe they could implement a track editor into GT5. If you take a look at the graphics in GT5P, I can't imagine what it would look like when you finished making or editing an existing race track. It's really overwhelmingly awesome if they implement it.
If the physics and everything is right, there is no reason why a fairly basic track-editor could not be included so you could do things like "Complex String" if you wanted. I can imagine the environment being reasonably baron, but if the AI is good enough, it should be able to work its way around any course.

This would fit in nicely with the PS3's "Play. Share. Create." campaign. Imagine mod nation racers GT sytle... :) Here's hoping the bare background in Toyota FT-86 video is from the track editor.

building your local track would be awesome!!

Yes!

AerialPhoto.jpg

View Video on FQuick

Last edited:
Anyone got any idea what happened at 11.30-12.00 on saturday? There's vids of the R&C and uncharted2 from expo but nothing at all of the GT5 presentation.

Hello all,

I did ask it to some finnish guy i know and he Translated it for me,

The rest he said was, how nice the game is and how realistic.

But he said this about the tracks !!!

"you can make tracks and play them online against others"

I can only say : ****ING NICEEEEE !!!

then again, every body remember the e3 gt5 video, the top gear run way...surely since there are no guard rails it would be like some free roam.

Maybe he is talking about after you beat all the WRC series you can choose which sections to mark as start and finish?

I think if there is anything to this rumor that it would be something a bit more than that although I too get the feeling it could be to do with the WRC element of the game rather than being able to create your own racing/street circuits.

My take on a track creator...

A track creator using a set of basic elements would be much like making a slot-car track out of track sections. The graphics could be built into each segment. The possible combinations would not be infinite but implimentation would be simple enough. Since all players would have the same elements it would be easy to race the made up tracks online since all that would need to be sent would be the type and order of segments.

If the physics and everything is right, there is no reason why a fairly basic track-editor could not be included so you could do things like "Complex String" if you wanted. I can imagine the environment being reasonably baron, but if the AI is good enough, it should be able to work its way around any course.
I'm ok with the physics simulation, the one the will impress me is the one like in modnation racer, where you could put realistic trees, building, etc. if possible. Anyway, can't wait for further news regarding GT5. I've been playing a lot of GT PSP these past few days and I still think the Ferrari F1 in the game is too expensive.:)

For all you English speakers, it is now clarified by Konsolifin.net

http://www.konsolifin.net/

That Suman Rath has now told only been commenting on the rumours in the net earlier at DE... :lol: Talk about professionalism. :dunce:

But as I said, you never know from these gyus. He's said two things now, both of them could technically be true. Might have been, might have not been. At this point tbh, I'd give a lot more credit to the E4G news than Suman's comment at DigiExpo. :P

ScreenHunter_01Nov031008.jpg

That Suman Rath has now told only been commenting on the rumours in the net earlier at DE... :lol: Talk about professionalism. :dunce:

But as I said, you never know from these gyus. He's said two things now, both of them could technically be true. Might have been, might have not been. At this point tbh, I'd give a lot more credit to the E4G news than Suman's comment at DigiExpo. :P
Wow... so Amar212 is informing even Sony executives, themselves! :lol:

Back