Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
Doesn't EA have an exclusive licence for Bathurst? Am absolutely immune to the rumour until someone other than a random call centre guy confirms. No offence OP.

Where's Space Empire when you need him :sly:

Being Sony AU, the call centre guy was likely in a foreign country who said what was local to you, don't look too much into it.

Our only saving grace is that the Bathurst track itself is not owned by the FIA nor EA, just the race (Bathurst 1000) name; it is a public road after all 👍

Our only saving grace is that the Bathurst track itself is not owned by the FIA nor EA, just the race (Bathurst 1000) name; it is a public road after all 👍

Exactly 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech Support wouldn't have any info on any game like that.

You may never know. They just say what they are taught and read from something from their computer. He saw Bathurst and said that, it could be even Suzuka or something irrelevant. But either the guy got confused and it was a mistake or he just said what he saw on his monitor :confused:

guys dont be so quick to shoot down the original posters comment. Afterall if you had read a similar post 6 months ago regarding spa coming to the game would you have believed it??? No, me neither but then look what happened. We got spa.

Would be great if it becomes a reality as i have no interest in route x whatsoever

+1

Guys dont be so quick to shoot down the original posters comment. Afterall if you had read a similar post 6 months ago regarding SPA coming to the game would you have believed it??? No, me neither but then look what happened. We got SPA.

Would be great if it becomes a reality as i have no interest in route x whatsoever

Except that in this case it would be sheer luck if it actually happens and nothing more.

Guys dont be so quick to shoot down the original posters comment. Afterall if you had read a similar post 6 months ago regarding SPA coming to the game would you have believed it??? No, me neither but then look what happened. We got SPA.

Except there was actual evidence of Spa possibly coming to GT5 from photos/videos taken during a studio tour at Polyphony Digital. That can't be compared to "a guy unaffiliated with PD, during a phone call, mentioned Bathurst".

This is nothing more than some guy working in a call centre who knows a little bit about motor racing getting his track names mixed up, slip of the tongue no doubt.

I hope I'm wrong

Doesn't EA have an exclusive licence for Bathurst?

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

AAaaaaahhhhhhh... :embarrassed:

You got me worried there for a second.

I love this track and really wish it would be added in the future. 👍

Absolute tosh, Just go and read the news section when you load GT5 next. That will tell you whats in the update and the forthcoming DLC.

The sony spokesman marely got confused.

Last edited:
anyone knows if dubai autodrome and silverstone circuits rights are owned by fia, or exclusive to any developer?

those might make it to gt6, considering the third place finisher in 24h dubai (that track has an amazing layout) and gt academy (classic track)

Hmmm, an acronym (AUP) used to show people that they can't use acronym's .

The AUP doesn't say that you can't use acronym's at all, what its says regarding grammar and spelling is:

You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

I don't see anything saying acronym's can't be used. Text speak is banned, but not acronym's, quite different things.

anyone knows if dubai autodrome and silverstone circuits rights are owned by fia, or exclusive to any developer?

those might make it to gt6, considering the third place finisher in 24h dubai (that track has an amazing layout) and gt academy (classic track)
Please see above, we expect the use of capital letters.

Its already been pointed out in this thread that the AUP is not optional, please stop treating it as such.

Scaff

I don't think Silverstone is exclusive to anyone. It is in many games such as Forza 4, Shift 2, F1 2011, etc.

Stavelot
Is English that poorly taught in Australian schools these days? My god...

Like the others have said, the support guy's either confused himself, talking poo to stir a teenager or he's telling the truth and Bathurst is coming. Either way follow the AUP please...

Our schools are good, bad & ugly... the same as the rest of the world & a lot better than most countries.

Best not to cast aspersions based on one persons post.

On topic: Bathurst would be sweet but no one knows for sure do we? The OP was regaling us with an experience he had, not telling us that Bathurst was definately coming; surely that's obvious guys?

AUP infractions aside I'd like to see more tolerance and discussion and a lot less belligerent knee jerk reactions; especially when the OP has only 16 posts... Is a bit of patience too much to ask for newer members?

Last edited:
As always, any mention of Bathurst is good enough to justify posting this amazing video of real-life One Magic Race run on the Mount Panorama.

God i miss Bathurst. I dont miss TOCA Race Driver 3, but i do miss the mountain, its like an Aussie Nurburgring.

Confirmation that bathurst is not confirmed?

I never found Bathurst to be all that great, but if Mazda took the trouble of making a bathurst version of the rx7, it must be something special.

Back