Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
Confirmation that bathurst is not confirmed?

I never found Bathurst to be all that great, but if Mazda took the trouble of making a bathurst version of the rx7, it must be something special.

You must try it, although not many "good" games include it, one is TRD3, crap game with a decent career mode and tons of different vehicles and tracks from AU and EU.

The AUP doesn't say that you can't use acronym's at all, what its says regarding grammar and spelling is:

I don't see anything saying acronym's can't be used. Text speak is banned, but not acronym's, quite different things.

Please see above, we expect the use of capital letters.

Its already been pointed out in this thread that the AUP is not optional, please stop treating it as such.

Scaff

The rules regarding spelling, grammar and punctuation, to me at least, seem robust in some ways but a little draconian in others, not that the internet is a breeding ground for pedants or anything but as there are two punctuation errors in your own post above (admittedly one was "inherited" from quoting someone else), don't you think perhaps things are getting a little out of hand?

Incidentally, it's only an acronym if you would say it as a word "AUP". If you pronounce the letters A.U.P. it's merely an abbreviation. :)

You must try it, although not many "good" games include it, one is TRD3, crap game with a decent career mode and tons of different vehicles and tracks from AU and EU.

Games like that are hard to find in my local gamestops. It's either sports games like college football (I hate college football) or mindless FPS games like Call of Duty (I hope activision gets explosive diaherrea).

Looks like I'll have to pay a visit to Amazon.

Confirmation that bathurst is not confirmed?

I never found Bathurst to be all that great, but if Mazda took the trouble of making a bathurst version of the rx7, it must be something special.

:odd: I will admit, video games do it no justice. You have to really go around it yourself. It is an utterly brilliant track.

The rules regarding spelling, grammar and punctuation, to me at least, seem robust in some ways but a little draconian in others, not that the internet is a breeding ground for pedants or anything but as there are two punctuation errors in your own post above (admittedly one was "inherited" from quoting someone else), don't you think perhaps things are getting a little out of hand?

Incidentally, it's only an acronym if you would say it as a word "AUP". If you pronounce the letters A.U.P. it's merely an abbreviation. :)

No rules about spelling exist in the AUP at all, and we do not ask for perfection when posting, which is why 'good, basic grammar' is asked for.

Oh and you will note that I didn't say that AUP was an acronym, simply that the AUP doesn't ban acronyms (or abbreviations).

The staff don't take action in regard to minor slips of this part of the AUP at all, however you may want to take a look at the OP's posts. I think you would agree they are minor slips, rather they ride roughshod over the AUP.

Now can we get back on topic.

Scaff

I don't believe the OP at all, I couldn't see Bathurst being in this game any time soon.

The rules regarding spelling, grammar and punctuation, to me at least, seem robust in some ways but a little draconian in others (...) don't you think perhaps things are getting a little out of hand?
I think he is just doing his job being a moderator. However, I truly dislike the regular users - premium or not - who are acting like grammar nazis a great deal.

You can confuse left with right, but not Spa with Bathurst - we will see; until then users are of course free to trigger WW3 over here. How ridiculous.

Last edited:

Im my opinion Bathurst is amazing. I have fond memories of racing it in TOCA Race Driver on the PS2. The elevation change and complex corners make it an extremely challenging coarse. If you like the nordschleife i can promise you will enjoy Bathurst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juayGkTKYEo

I wish the OP's information was more substantial.
PD needs to include Bathurst.
Along with the Isle of Man TT circuit

No reports of PD staff at Bathurst so chances are not good....

Oh and Bathurst 12 hour will be in a months time!

Last edited:
... Is a bit of patience too much to ask for newer members?

If they get corrected early, they're more likely to figure it out and comply in the future. Letting a new member ignore the AUP in the name of patience will likely produce users who think the AUP is never enforced, and therefore easy to ignore.

Back on topic, I'd love it if Bathurst would show up, but I agree with the others who have said that a customer service guy at Sony likely would no way of knowing anything like this.

Wow is this thread still going. I was replying but read that Famine commented so thought it would be closed. Forgot my reply, it had something to do with confusing bathurst with butthurt. Dont know if that word can be used, correct me if it can't.

As always, any mention of Bathurst is good enough to justify posting this amazing video of real-life One Magic Race run on the Mount Panorama.

Wow! Long time no see that video! I've always wondered what was the story? Was he passing under yellow?

huskeR32
If they get corrected early, they're more likely to figure it out and comply in the future. Letting a new member ignore the AUP in the name of patience will likely produce users who think the AUP is never enforced, and therefore easy to ignore.

I agree with you 100% mate but the manner in which it is done is where some folks are falling short. Inferring poor education of a new user (and indeed his entire nation) based on 1 of 16 posts is a bit harsh, as is unnecessary sarcasm, & that is what I was referring to 👍

I didn't read through to see what people are talking about now, but, I think this is pretty interesting.
Also, Bathurst actually seems like something that would be added. I think it would be interesting to have.

I agree with you 100% mate but the manner in which it is done is where some folks are falling short. Inferring poor education of a new user (and indeed his entire nation) based on 1 of 16 posts is a bit harsh, as is unnecessary sarcasm, & that is what I was referring to 👍

Absolutely.

OT: One of those videos posted by CoolColJ had Aston-Martin DBR9 and Merc SLS AMG. I want both of those cars about as much as I want that track. Keeping fingers crossed that PD continues to offer solid DLC packs 👍

To quote myself from the following thread, GT5 XL box art;

"Voucher for over $25 worth of DLC, including 25 new cars, 4 tracks, and more.

All of the DLC from October, December, and early 2012."

So, to my understanding, in October's DLC we saw 15 new vehicle's/2 new track's & in December's DLC we saw 4 new vehicle's for a total of 19 new vehicle's & 2 new track's.

In the above quote, it mention's "All of the DLC from Oct, Dec, & early 2012", so in early 2012 we may see 6 new vehicle's & 2 new track's??

I hope I'm right, though, will this info be revealed in the 2.03 update?

Anyway, I posted that 5 day's before the DLC was leaked in the news section.

Looking at the above quote, the bit that is in bold, we did receive 6 new cars and have only received 1 of the 2 "new" tracks. So maybe Bathurst could be the second one?? but the again, they did change the info regarding the GT5 XL's content.

I don't know, we'll know when the DLC comes. :)

leepangfu
Wow is this thread still going. I was replying but read that Famine commented so thought it would be closed. Forgot my reply, it had something to do with confusing bathurst with butthurt. Dont know if that word can be used, correct me if it can't.

Zuel
I hope so.

See what I did there?

To quote myself from the following thread, GT5 XL box art;

Anyway, I posted that 5 day's before the DLC was leaked in the news section.

Looking at the above quote, the bit that is in bold, we did receive 6 new cars and have only received 1 of the 2 "new" tracks. So maybe Bathurst could be the second one?? but the again, they did change the info regarding the GT5 XL's content.

I don't know, we'll know when the DLC comes. :)

Kart space did come in 2 completely different layouts, so they could be considered separate tracks.

Back