Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
2 or 3 million wouldn't buy it because there aren't that many people still playing a 2 year old game. You need new content to promote your next game with, it's no good giving all your best stuff away in DLC for the old game.

Yeah I havn't played GT5 in a while and only put the disc into update from awhile ago, prolly will put the disc into to get that corevette thing, I can see GT6 prolouge next year and then GT6 a few months later.

I dare say that Bathurst will be on GT6 50/50 chance of either first round of DLC or as a track on the game disc. But if they released Bathurst on GT5 in the next 6 months it will (well at least) peak interest back into GT5 playing online in a bathurst room. if only 1 million or even 500 thou purchase the DLC at 4.95 or 6.95 a pop that would be around $2475000+ that still some serious coin.

I need to proof read more.

Regardless, I think there will be enough new stuff/advancements for gt5 to hit target sales 2 years from now. In the meantime they should be releasing as much dlc as they can, which will only help pay for all the new improvements we want in gt6.

First dlc was bought by a bit more than 1m people. That was a long time ago, featured a lot more content than the current ones and it was the first one.

Bathurst would be fantastic at this point, but I believe GT5ers would go through the roof if we could just get a few of the favourites from the previous editions of the game, El Capitan, Midfield etc. I also believe it's a piece of cake for PD to recreate those tracks or very similar iterations of them and don't see why they don't just take the easy route and give us a few of the older tracks. I don't care if they leave out the scenery or make it generic and call it a "beta" track, just give us more tracks to race on!!!

I agree it was probably a meaningless error from the phone rep, he didn't really give anything away. Besides there's already recorded evidence of video guys walking a lap doing their due diligence and imaging the Bathurst track, but it's not for GT5:
https://www.gtplanet.net/bathurst-scanned-for-gt6/

Bathurst would be fantastic at this point, but I believe GT5ers would go through the roof if we could just get a few of the favourites from the previous editions of the game, El Capitan, Midfield etc. I also believe it's a piece of cake for PD to recreate those tracks or very similar iterations of them and don't see why they don't just take the easy route and give us a few of the older tracks. I don't care if they leave out the scenery or make it generic and call it a "beta" track, just give us more tracks to race on!!!

Agreed! I know there are thousands (if not millions) of GT fans still clamoring for Seattle to be released for GT5. But there's more... Midfield, El Capitan, SSR11, Rome-Night and Red Rock Valley (yes I know those last 2 are from GT2 but they totally "rock" LOL). I would pay real money to have those tracks on GT5. Yes we would certainly go through the roof, because right now we are very slowly sinking into the ground.

Apricot Hill please:tup:

I bet if they released a classic track pack of 10 tracks for $10, they'd easily sell 500,000 units and breathe life into the dying game...👍

seems like old news now, but looks like iRacing has Bathurst Track confirmed

iRacing, pCARS, RaceRoom Racing Experience, GTR3 will have it too, rFactor has a great version by OSRM and the same goes to Game Stock Car 2012...not sure if Assetto Corsa is going to have it too.

Yes, every simulator will have it by the day Gran Turismo includes its great version for sure.

I have a screen shot of a image from the playstation website stating that Silverstone and Australia's Mount panaroma is coming to GT6 etc etc so not GT5 but GT6 we all pretty much knew this but this is some what a kind of confirmation will post image when I am on pc

iRacing, pCARS, RaceRoom Racing Experience, GTR3 will have it too, rFactor has a great version by OSRM and the same goes to Game Stock Car 2012...not sure if Assetto Corsa is going to have it too.

Yes, every simulator will have it by the day Gran Turismo includes its great version for sure.

Real Racing 3 has it as does TOCA 2 :P

I have a screen shot of a image from the playstation website stating that Silverstone and Australia's Mount panaroma is coming to GT6 etc etc so not GT5 but GT6 we all pretty much knew this but this is some what a kind of confirmation will post image when I am on pc

960164_10151345623216916_1083903401_n.jpg

Bathurst just confirmed in Forza 5 and also an Xbox One car will be at the 1000 this year... do you think this impacts Bathursts chances of being in GT6?

Also this thread needs moving.

All this means is that the track is now in two new games, nothing more. Besides, it was already confirmed in GT6 via an official Sony Brochure so the Chances have hardly been affected, Turn 10 just did a better job at keeping it a secret.

Last edited:
All this means is that the track is now in two games, nothing more. Besides, it was already confirmed in GT6 via an official Sony Brochure so the Chances have hardly been affected, Turn 10 just did a better job at keeping it a secret.

More like 5. You forgot RR3, ToCA 3, Shift, and probably done others.

The question is what cars will be in GT6? The article in V8Supercars reads:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/details-of-third-triple-eight-car-revealed
“Xbox has had a strong association with the sport of V8 Supercars over the last decade and for years Australians have been asking us to include the Bathurst track into the Forza Motorsport games.

“We have taken notice and to celebrate the inclusion of the Bathurst track and TWO V8 Supercars in ‘Forza Motorsport 5’, we will launch a truly international and competitive racing team.

It's been the COMMONdore and Falcon in the past. The Falcon is soon to be history and FPR are doing the Supercar Showdown this year. So, I don't know if T10 got the license for FPR cars this time(but a good indication was they had the Falcon V8SC and a Falcon Coupe in FM4). We could assume but, who knows if they approached GRM/Polestar for the Volvo S60 as the second car or Erebus Motorsport V8 for the E63?

PD may have only the Nissan Altima when the game drops. Just like we only have the XR8 '00 to use.

I was thinking about this. There's nothing about "exclusive rights."

Electronic Arts™ wasn't here.

Thank goodness for that. If they have access to V8 Supercars, why only two when series will have five or four at the least? Especially if Turn10 were/are working on this since the beginning of the year.

I think PD will promote Bathurst as DLC around the 12 hours race in February where they already have GT3 cars that are running there.

Just because the track is in Forza 5 doesn't mean it won't be in GT6, I know EA has put the fear in us regarding exclusive rights but I don't think T10 would try for exclusivity for a track as great as this. It needs to be in as many games as possible! :lol:

Just because the track is in Forza 5 doesn't mean it won't be in GT6, I know EA has put the fear in us regarding exclusive rights but I don't think T10 would try for exclusivity for a track as great as this. It needs to be in as many games as possible! :lol:

Why would they not try for exclusivity if it was on the table?

Because they'll be hated? 0.0 If they did I know I'll hate them and won't buy their game. :grumpy:

You do realize Turn 10 is a corporation and not a person right? Exclusivity is one way of differentiating yourself from the competition and a valuable marketing tool. GT would do the same if it was feasible and made economic sense.

Why would they not try for exclusivity if it was on the table?

It could be pretty expensive for the benefits they could get from it? I'm not sure Bathurst will be a deciding factor for a lot of the people buying the Xbox One, which is a mainly media centric console in the first place. It's not like Porsche, for Motorsport enthusiasts it would make a difference for sure, but in the grand scheme of things, eh. I don't think it would change much.

Back