GT5 better than GT6?

• Thread starter Ki_Reddy
  • 34 comments
I dont know about Online but for a Offline player like me, GT6 is much better.
Better gameplay & physics, better graphics, lots of new cars & tracks, VGTs and other things like menus & user interface and ...

For me, the general career events, and the Used Car Dealership from GT5 were more fun but the things @DingoDile mentioned make GT6 better. If you can find a group of online players that you enjoy to race with, GT6 has even more possibilities for fun also. I still go back and play a little of GT5 though, it is too fun to abandon completely to me.

Hey guys,
I've been considering getting GT5. Is it better

Yes, but you really only lose the physics, and maybe a few other things, but GT5 at this stage is a complete game GT6 may never be take your pick.

Honestly I hate both, and would love to just destroy all copies ever made, and what not:mad:

Still at least with GT5 you got the course creator, and B-spec mode, and if not mistaken better photo mode too.

Do not get GT5. It has horrible physics, GT6 is a HUGE step up from GT5. Plus, now that GT6 is out, PD had no trouble shutting down the GT5 servers. So you lose online if you go for GT5. This includes everything related to online, including the seasonal events and the login bonus. The only thing that GT5 has over GT6 is course creator and B-spec, but the course creator is a pile of 🤬, and the B-spec drivers drive like an 82 year old blind person. So get GT6. Its just a better game, despite being a WIP

Last edited:
Yes. In my opinion. It feels more of a full game than GT6. The atmosphere of GT5 feels complete, while GT6 still feels like a BETA. But this is my opinion. They are both great games, just GT5 is a bit better because it feels more complete.

GT5 is better offline IMHO due to endurance races and non-rubberband AI, as well as B-Spec, one-make races, and available tire wear/fuel use/damage. This is tempered by not all cars being available and the poorer visuals for standard cars that were upgraded in GT6, but it is a compelling argument.

Better frame rate and picture quaility, secret menu which enables better FOV options and Arcade Mode options. Course Creator, Endurance races, B-Spec and hybrids. That's pretty much it.

So far I can say GT5 is better, but until all the DLC is finished for GT6 like the Course maker, B-Spec etc, then I can decide.

The only thing I preferred in GT5 was the wonderful GT Movies and a wider selection of Photomode locations.

Aside from that though, GT6 is better in every single way. If you've just picked up a PS3, go with GT6.

Maybe it was at first. But not anymore. That physics engine is simply unbeatable, and with all the new content we've been slowly getting, GT6 has blown GT5 out of the water as far as I'm concerned.

Hey all. Up front I'll say GT5 has more to do and feels like it has more "soul" than 6, at least at this point in time (more later on this).

I've been driving GT5 since it came out, then stopped for a couple years when the PS3 went into storage. I went and bought a PS2 and GT 3 and 4. I've played all of them up to the few items I could not complete (99+% complete though), but haven't platted any of them. I moved and got GT6 about a month ago, and it was "easier" than 5, but there are a few items I would have to spend time on to finish and plat.

3/4: Mission 34 (that crazy track), Grand Canyon Hard Rally (I still see "5 second penalty" in my dreams). Don't remember which was which.

5: Alfa at Eiger mission, Mercedes full lap Dry in the SLS, Vettel X challenge

6: last 2 Senna challenges, S4 and 5 license tests. The Autobarmy and 100 cars are not a challenge (those are all I have left after playing the game for only a couple weeks).

Bottom Line: 6 "feels" sterile and not as much fun as 5. It's like GT5.1 or something, the exact same graphics and text, etc. Until changes come (if they don't decide to just shift all effort to 7 and just keep 6 afloat until then, like 5 towards the end), my vote is for 5 with B spec, Endurance races, more rallys, used car lot, and not every damn series having either Silverstone or Brands Hatch in it! In 5 I do get tired of Tsukuba I'll admit, and wish for more Spa, but there seems more variety. In 6 you go to SSR5 1 (one) time!

I don't know guys, 6 seems kind of like a patch or a sell out to me.

GT5 had custom one-make race with standing start, mechanical damage & fuel/tire wear.
It also had better arcade mode, with normal rolling start, mechanical damage & fuel/tire wear.

Instead of improving on those features in GT6 PD decided to remove them for no reason. In GT6 we got no custom one-make races, and arcade races are total crap.

Better frame rate and picture quaility, secret menu which enables better FOV options and Arcade Mode options. Course Creator, Endurance races, B-Spec and hybrids. That's pretty much it.
Which is a lot if you are into offline racing.
With Secret Menu you can set up tons of interesting races with a starting grid that make sense.

It' blows away GT6! graphics, simulation, and image quality. I'm not trying to trash GT6 it's good, it just has to many cons for me.
Ehh graphics look quite the same and in my honest opinion they could've just did a big 3.0 update instead of releasing a whole new game

GT5 and GT6 are really about a push in terms of image quality. GT6 has somewhat more stable performance (most of the time), but it doesn't really look any worse because of it.

GT6 is much better than GT5 in all areas except than arcade mode...
special is better in physics, like suspensions and brakes area...

the arcade mode in GT6 is a totally failure, and the offline gaming and races in the arcade mode is very important to enjoy the game all the times and all of the days, even with closed servers, for my opinion.

ps: and to complete above my write, that without good arcade (offline) gaming, you are forced to buy the new playstation and the new gran turismo when PD shut down the servers for online gaming haha

Last edited:
i wouldn't mind GT5 career mode in GT6 as there were whole lot more races and actual endurance races arcade mode in GT6 blows reason why i dont bother with it apart from that GT6 is far better than GT5

GT5 was better but now, it's pointless. Without online support the game simply cannot be played properly. The core of the game is identical to GT6 but GT6 has way more tracks and cars. The only scenario where I would see somebody playing GT5 more than 6 is if they have a 100% completion game save, all the DLC and a large portion if not all of the car library.

Playing GT5 from the beginning at this point in time isn't worth the effort.

The only thing I preferred in GT5 was the wonderful GT Movies and a wider selection of Photomode locations.

Aside from that though, GT6 is better in every single way. If you've just picked up a PS3, go with GT6.

I got GT6 when I got my PlayStation 3, and absolutely hated it. I also got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which I liked.
But when I got GT5 some time after, it became my favorite PS3 game of all time.

I got GT6 when I got my PlayStation 3, and absolutely hated it. I also got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which I liked.
But when I got GT5 some time after, it became my favorite PS3 game of all time.

That's interesting. What made you hate GT6 but love GT5?

That's interesting. What made you hate GT6 but love GT5?

At that time, there was no internet connection going through where I live, in France, and therefore I could not update my game, and at that time, GT6 was awful rubbish. The currency was rubbish, the game was too short, I hated the layout of the game and the menus. I hated how the licences and coffee brakes were part of the sections, for example, the B License was unlocked on the Novice Sector.

All of this made me hate the game, and when I got GT5P I loved it, despite it being a Prologue. And then I got GT5. There was still no internet running, so it was on V1.0. But unlike GT6, it was actually finished. The currency was great, the layout was familiar and good. About a year later, I finally got internet connection. I updated all the way to Spec 2.17, and it became the best GT game of all time to me. I still play, even in 2016. And when we are all driving in flying cars and eating whole meals in the size of a tablet, I will probably be still playing it. It's that good, even without online.

At that time, there was no internet connection going through where I live, in France, and therefore I could not update my game, and at that time, GT6 was awful rubbish. The currency was rubbish, the game was too short, I hated the layout of the game and the menus. I hated how the licences and coffee brakes were part of the sections, for example, the B License was unlocked on the Novice Sector.

All of this made me hate the game, and when I got GT5P I loved it, despite it being a Prologue. And then I got GT5. There was still no internet running, so it was on V1.0. But unlike GT6, it was actually finished. The currency was great, the layout was familiar and good. About a year later, I finally got internet connection. I updated all the way to Spec 2.17, and it became the best GT game of all time to me. I still play, even in 2016. And when we are all driving in flying cars and eating whole meals in the size of a tablet, I will probably be still playing it. It's that good, even without online.

That's fair enough & it's cool you enjoy it.

But I have a vastly different view of it as I played the games in chronoglical order when they were released. In my eyes GT5 is more of the pioneer & felt Polyphony pulled off more impressive feats with that release. But GT6 refined almost every area of the game so I would point to the PS3's sequel if someone wanted to play either game.

The menus in GT6 are easier to navigate & load instantly unlike GT5's clunky & slow loading menus, the physics are a refinement, graphical effects (Such as smoke) are polished & less buggy, there's more tracks & cars & it's just a more refined game.

That's fair enough & it's cool you enjoy it.

But I have a vastly different view of it as I played the games in chronoglical order when they were released. In my eyes GT5 is more of the pioneer & felt Polyphony pulled off more impressive feats with that release. But GT6 refined almost every area of the game so I would point to the PS3's sequel if someone wanted to play either game.

The menus in GT6 are easier to navigate & load instantly unlike GT5's clunky & slow loading menus, the physics are a refinement, graphical effects (Such as smoke) are polished & less buggy, there's more tracks & cars & it's just a more refined game.

Call me crazy, but I sometimes like loading screens. That's why I hate modern phones; their simply too fast for me. I didn't like the loading screens for GT5 before Spec 2.0 without installing the game though.

:gtpflag: TALKING ABOUT CARS AND STUFF
In your community

Latest Posts

Back