GT5 Car Database

• Thread starter Falango
  • 539 comments
When I did the Price field in the database, i then decide to define it by its most usefull purpose: knowing what it would actualy cost to player. I even decided to not put any mileage data in database.
Except for standard cars as the cost is dependent on the mileage, which is another reason that ideally the database should list the highest possible cost.

As it is, some prices in the database are based on very little mileage, while others are based on high mileage cars, which is why sorting standard cars by price doesn't give an accurate ranking of values.

Here are another couple examples from today:

The database lists the Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) '91 as being worth Cr.26,530, but in the dealership today (I'll have to check the game day after I quit), it is listed for Cr.43,698 with 6,216km (making it worth Cr.45,100 with 0km).

The database lists the Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 as being worth Cr.53,175 but in the dealership today has it for sale for Cr.72,690 with 28,964km, making it worth over Cr.83,000 with no mileage.

Of course if all the standards cars were listed with prices based on the exact same mileage then at least the sorting would be accurate, although still not accurate when compared to premium prices in terms of ranking value based on 0 mileage.

If i'd have to design the database today, I would include the internal value of each car, but at this point the work/usefullness ratio is really to high to do it.
Still, if you ever find the "break point", don't hesitate to share info ;-)

While it still requires effort, the good news is that you don't need to know the various breaking points as long as you are using low mileage cars to calculate the 0 mileage price.

Still, we are talking about prices and mileage of over 800 cars that would need to be gathered and recalculated, so even though the breaking points won't effect the results, it is still a time consuming endeavor. That is, unless someone has already been compiling price and mileage data that could simply be cut'n'pasted into a spreadsheet.

@Digital-Nitrate
Unfortunately I do not have access to all my data (and won't in the following days), but only to parsed ones, so I can't analyse the problem as i'd like.

However, i can see that in the 4 first UCD apperance i've logged for "Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) '91", the Cr. values are : 26513 - 26509 - 26530 - 25292 (slight change, as expected after my initial observation)
These 4 entries have been seen before december 21th (base on date of my files).
A few weeks ago, i've logged it two more times, and i'm reading values: 34168 and 33 369 Cr (sudden change)

For the other car, a (trusted) user of online database submitted a correction for this car value that match the one you've seen in UCD. (that hint again to a sudden change)

But I can't check mileage (and won't be able until several days), so I don't know if it is related to a mileage "variation" (it looks like more to a intentional/planned change than a random variation) on a selection of cars, or less-likely a change of the price.

If they're is a true random variation that can bring any car on UCD at a low mileage, then having the internal price displayed would make sense. This will need more investigation.

@Digital-Nitrate
Unfortunately I do not have access to all my data (and won't in the following days), but only to parsed ones, so I can't analyse the problem as i'd like.

However, i can see that in the 4 first UCD apperance i've logged for "Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) '91", the Cr. values are : 26513 - 26509 - 26530 - 25292 (slight change, as expected after my initial observation)
These 4 entries have been seen before december 21th (base on date of my files).
A few weeks ago, i've logged it two more times, and i'm reading values: 34168 and 33 369 Cr (sudden change)

For the other car, a (trusted) user of online database submitted a correction for this car value that match the one you've seen in UCD. (that hint again to a sudden change)

But I can't check mileage (and won't be able until several days), so I don't know if it is related to a mileage "variation" (it looks like more to a intentional/planned change than a random variation) on a selection of cars, or less-likely a change of the price.

The only change is the mileage, not the base prices. I've been tracking prices and mileage differences in the UCD for over two months and I am close to reach day 1,500 and so far I have not seen any car's original price change, nor would I ever expect to see that as it wouldn't make any sense.

The differences are in the mileage, which is why its critical to focus not just on the price of a car in the UCD, but it's mileage and using the depreciation formula to calculate the original price. Once you know the original price, you can use that figure to accurately compare that car's value to all the premium cars and all the other standard cars that you have determined their original value.

Here is an example where the database price is for a low mileage car, thus is very close to the original price:

Database listed price for a Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 is Cr.69,392 while a recent UCD listing had one for sale for Cr.65,278 - the difference is that the UCD listing had 13,491km - which using the depreciation formula would mean the original price of the Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 is Cr.69,700 and that database price must have been based on a car with close to 900km.

The lower the mileage of a car the easier and more accurate the depreciation formula can be at determining the original price.

If they're is a true random variation that can bring any car on UCD at a low mileage, then having the internal price displayed would make sense. This will need more investigation.

So far I have seen no repeatable pattern for the mileage of cars in the UCD and appears to be totally random. For most cars its randomly between 0 and 100,000 km, with most race cars, the range appears to be from 0 to 10,000km, and the "high-mileage" historics range from 300,000 to 400,000km. Oh, and when a Bugatti Veyron shows up in the UCD it is always with 0km.

In other words, you have as much of a chance at finding a car in the UCD with exactly 50,000km, as you will with exactly 10,000km as you will with 0km, but all are possible.

However, just to be clear, this shouldn't make a difference, because in order for the database to have an accurate and meaningful price for a standard car it really needs to be based on the original price, and not the price listed for one with some random amount of mileage, or even some kind of average.

Last edited:
Hi Milouse, first thanks for making this GT5 Car Database and share for us, is very usefull. I've invite my GT5 friends to sign in too.

I guess have waste your many days to complete this database. I would to give some suggestion to make your database more perfect, hope you accept:

* Add one more colum in the all car list, to know that car can be tradeable or untradeable (becoz after v1.07, some cars below 1M are not accept to send gift);
* Can be print all list car OR car "make" list;

Thanks again & keep working

@Digital-Nitrate

Sorry it took so long to anwser, but i didn't have full access to my files and PS3 before now.

It clearly appears there has been a substancial change in UCD prices rules in a recent patch.

When i built the database last november-december, a given Used car was always appearing at the same price +/- 0.1%

But since things have changed, the price (as displayed on online database) should be replaced by a 0km price.

There'll be lot of missing data, but some can be filled based on Sell Price when cars is below 500 000 Cr. (because this is existing data field in the db, km/price is not), that will be a start.
Anyone who would fill such data through correction form on a car's page will help.

I'll make changes on website asap to show 0km price (and maybe the old price if 0km price is missing)

Hi Milouse, first thanks for making this GT5 Car Database and share for us, is very usefull. I've invite my GT5 friends to sign in too.

I guess have waste your many days to complete this database. I would to give some suggestion to make your database more perfect, hope you accept:

* Add one more colum in the all car list, to know that car can be tradeable or untradeable (becoz after v1.07, some cars below 1M are not accept to send gift);
* Can be print all list car OR car "make" list;

Thanks again & keep working

I'm sorry but i did not plan this soon. Tradable/Untradable info won't go the main car list for now (the list is already heavy, and as info can be read on car's page...)

Milouse, you made a good website. I'm one of its users, and I find it as a useful tool to keep track of our in-game GT5 garages.

I have one suggestion, is it okay of you add the two Midnight Purple paint chips to the rare paints list? A lot of people consider this as valuable.

@Madson

Yes.Could you please provide me me actual in-game Names and Directory where you find them (in-game too).

@"Everyone"
I've just made a new design for common parts of the website. I also add an important article (see "News") that explain things about Power Variation in the game.

The site is best viewed with recent browser : Chrome, Firefox and IE9 (way faster than IE8 and can display nicer design)

I love how you keep improving the site. Todays news was a good laugh as well. Thanks Milouse!!!

Edit: Almost forgot, birthday ticket list is missing 1942.

Last edited:
@Madson

Yes.Could you please provide me me actual in-game Names and Directory where you find them (in-game too).

@"Everyone"
I've just made a new design for common parts of the website. I also add an important article (see "News") that explain things about Power Variation in the game.

The site is best viewed with recent browser : Chrome, Firefox and IE9 (way faster than IE8 and can display nicer design)

Midnight Purple II can obtained from the car Nissan Skyline GT-R M.N.P. II and Midnight Purple III comes from the car Nissan Skyline GT-R M.N.P. III.

Nice new design by the way, I was surprised to see the fresh design after hours of being on GT5 reading useless in-game stuff.

I love how you keep improving the site. Todays news was a good laugh as well. Thanks Milouse!!!

Edit: Almost forgot, birthday ticket list is missing 1942.

I've added Midnight colors and the (quite useless) 1942 ticket and reorganized cards (aplhabetic sorting).

I've added Midnight colors and the (quite useless) 1942 ticket and reorganized cards (aplhabetic sorting).

Worthless but from a collectors standpoint missing, thank you for the updates site looks better than ever!

Small change that remove an annoying behaviour : links to car's page in the main car list are now built as classic html links, which means that we can now ctrl+click on a car name to open it in a new tab/window, and keep the last filtered car list.

While by default it opens the link in new tab/window, ctrl+click behaviour can often be tuned in browser options to open tab in background or not.

On ipad/iphone, you need to keep the finger a second on the link to open it in new tab.

Thank you Milouse for myGT it is a brilliant time saver.

If you are taking suggestions for additions/improvements I would love it if I could add notes to the 14 different Museum manufacturers like you can to individual cars.

And would it be possible to mark which regions the different DLC cars are for?

Oh and it is possible to find someones garage using their username or do you have to used their id number?

Once again thank you so much for myGT I wouldn't be able to trade cars and cards without it. (And I would of used several trees worth of paper keeping track of which cars I needed to add to my collection!)

@ lutonhatter
Search by PSNid is on my todo list, and i can add an additional note entry for specific cars too. ;-)
For Museum notes, that's an other story...

I've just added two (one top, one bottom) "instant search" bar that allow search in all car names (and car makers). This add a new way to navigate between pages.

I'll see later for search on users, as this can't be done the same way.

any chance for adding:
sort by: Date Acquuired/car added date etc.

my point is i have 931 cars and I missing 5 cars in mygranturismo data base so the easiest way of founding this missing car is to go through my garage (in a game) and your page both sorted by exactly the same criteria

any chance for adding:
sort by: Date Acquuired/car added date etc.

my point is i have 931 cars and I missing 5 cars in mygranturismo data base so the easiest way of founding this missing car is to go through my garage (in a game) and your page both sorted by exactly the same criteria

It is not possible to do that, but i can give you advice to find missing cars: go to your "my Page" and then move your mouse over stats bars (and compare with same criteria ingame) ; you can click on country stats bars, that will bring you with list of those cars that you'll be able filter (starting with Premium / Standard, as they are always split in the game).

It is not possible to do that, but i can give you advice to find missing cars: go to your "my Page" and then move your mouse over stats bars (and compare with same criteria ingame) ; you can click on country stats bars, that will bring you with list of those cars that you'll be able filter (starting with Premium / Standard, as they are always split in the game).

aaaaa :) thanks for a good tip, will check that later on but it looks like it my work

go to your "my Page" and then can click on country stats bars, that will bring you with list of those cars that you'll be able filter (starting with Premium / Standard, as they are always split in the game).

so I just done that starting with US and come up with some problems,
as this cars are listed as US Country in GT5
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Lexus IS 200 '98
Lexus IS 200 (J) '98
Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross '01
Lexus SC 300 '97

but in your page they are under Japan

no big deal for me just wanted to mention

so I just done that starting with US and come up with some problems,
as this cars are listed as US Country in GT5
Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car
Lexus IS 200 '98
Lexus IS 200 (J) '98
Lexus IS 300 Sport Cross '01
Lexus SC 300 '97

but in your page they are under Japan

no big deal for me just wanted to mention

Indeed, and as mention on some of the pages by website contributors. This has been corrected, thanks. :)

Awesome website, but may I add a suggestion. Would you be willing to show the weight / power ratio for each car as a weight to power ratio like it is in game under performance tab? It shows x amount of kg per 1 HP, or at least give us a option in preferences to show how many kg per horsepower.

I believe right now it shows Watts to KG ratio.

Awesome website, but may I add a suggestion. Would you be willing to show the weight / power ratio for each car as a weight to power ratio like it is in game under performance tab? It shows x amount of kg per 1 HP, or at least give us a option in preferences to show how many kg per horsepower.

I believe right now it shows Watts to KG ratio.

Maybe i'll add an option for this, but i'm doing other things before, so don't count on it soon.

Milouse,

Thanks for updating with DLC stats. 👍

The McLaren and the GTR are so close for most popular stealth car.

For Museum notes, that's an other story...

Even just one note for each manufacturer?
We want to display a user name somewhere next to the make if possible.

Last edited:
Could you tell me more about the need (not the solution - the how - but the why) ?

Our group uses your website as a shared account. If we could add a small note similar to the note we can add to cars next to the manufacturer, it would help us out greatly.

This is the original thread which explains the concept briefly: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194802

Heres a link to the group which has been running smooth going on a month: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=327

I'm not sure if you are able to access the group content, but we can get you an invite if your further interested.

The note would be simply to keep track of which member of the group is allocated which manufacturer.

Ok, i've read the thread. I think more than before that it would be a bad idea to add a note on musuem that 20000-8 ppl would ask themselves what it is for, some sending email to ask, and 8 ppl actually knowing what it is.
Nevertheless, i think it would be more efficient for your group to handle this info on your gtplanet thread. I've just added anchors to the musem Page for easier linking, for exemple :
museum.php?id=1#Horns

"Horns" is to be replaced by the name of the car maker, 1 by the id of the user.
Then you would ask why i've chosen a non maker word as an exemple? That's because i've just added Horns[/B ]too on the Museum page :-p

Milouse,

Thanks for taking a look, I really appreciate you adding the anchors. :)

I had a feeling I would see the horn list one day. Now I have more work. :crazy:

I've just added a feature that may help some of you not to fall asleep waiting for PSN recovery, or to just make something usefull today. Well, at least if you like NOT ONLY specs when considering GT5 cars ;-)

Hint: this could make your "my page" - mostly known for its garage list - much nicer...

Back