GT5 Car Database

• Thread starter Falango
  • 539 comments
Dont get me wrong I dont like cheating in multi player games....

However I think the game cheats us on the birthday gifts, I mean seriously for the year i was born I have a chance of getting 2 different cars max value 22k and hp max 170ish... how is it fair others have a chance to get a car that is 700hp+. I should not have to put a different birth date to have a fair chance at these cars.

I do agree with the anti cheating actions they are taking but I disagree with what the dev team did making it unfair in the first place.

Hi Milouse - great site. I like that you are continuing to improve the capabilities.

One quick suggestion - for the country filter, if you click once you get only that country, but can you make it that if you click twice you get everything but (NOT) that country? Thanks.

Hi Milouse - great site. I like that you are continuing to improve the capabilities.

One quick suggestion - for the country filter, if you click once you get only that country, but can you make it that if you click twice you get everything but (NOT) that country? Thanks.

Hi, thanks.
I won't be able to do that soon without messing all the buttons.

Hi Milhouse
Your mygranturismo site is fantastic, but i have a few wishes: :)
- please change back the compact view of gears (without the pictures)
- please add this excellent compare mode to museum cards & helmets

That compact view option is still there. You can choose between "Visual", "Compact", and "Fill".

If you are asking for there to only be the "Compact" view, may I ask why you would want less options to choose from?

Or are you saying that the Compact view is somehow different now than it was before?

UPDATE:

Hi Milhouse

While this option is currently not available for museum cards, it is available for racing gear. To compare, all you have to do is to look at that person's MGT database and click on "Gears ____" just below the Car Trading Adviser button.

It will then compare your gear with theirs, and identify which ones you both have or neither has (gray), which ones they have that you don't (red number), and which ones you have that they don't (blue number).

Regarding requested changes. Is there still hope that all the standard car prices listed in the database will get changed to reflect what their value is based on 0km and not the wide variety of depreciated values currently used in the database? As it is, sorting by price for standard cars is basically useless as very few standard cars in the database have a listed value based on identical mileage/depreciation.

Last edited:
Hi Milhouse

Hi,
the Fill view still have no images.
I had to make choices to balance images Vs page size, and the current compact view if the result of this.

For your request about Museum & (? Paints ?), I could look into it when I have time - but Museum online list is quite hard to maintain because of the daily gift.

Hi,
the Fill view still have no images.
I had to make choices to balance images Vs page size, and the current compact view if the result of this.

For your request about Museum & (? Paints ?), I could look into it when I have time - but Museum online list is quite hard to maintain because of the daily gift.

Well, the fill view requires to click on each group - ce n'est rien pour moi ;-)
The old compact view was imho the fastest and most efficient view to work with, but i'm sure i will survive the change :)

Sorry for the error, i meant Museum & Horns, not helmets.

Hi Milhouse

Well, I've just uploaded a new version of the Museum & Horns collection page, with a new Comparison Mode (slightly different in colors but same functionnality than Suits and Helmets page). :sly:

@Digital-Nitrate: the problem with the Price@0 km is that I still lack datas to fill this field entirely. I'm entering value here and there, but there's lot of cars^^

Well, I've just uploaded a new version of the Museum & Horns collection page, with a new Comparison Mode (slightly different in colors but same functionnality than Suits and Helmets page). :sly:
merci beaucoup, c'est merveilleux 👍

So Milouse....

After last week I'm even more curious.

How about a list of the top 50 overall mygranturismo collections in the world? :D

So Milouse....

After last week I'm even more curious.

How about a list of the top 50 overall mygranturismo collections in the world? :D

The problem with that is that it will just encourage some people to grossly exaggerate their collections just to try and make the "top 50" and this would pretty much ruin the stats as far as car distribution statistics among the MGT community.

If garage data was tied directly to everyone's actual GT5 garages, thus no one could add what ever cars they wanted, then a "Top" garage list might be interesting, but seeing as anyone can claim what ever they want would make such a list not only meaningless, but would negatively impact current community garage stats. IMO

The problem with that is that it will just encourage some people to grossly exaggerate their collections just to try and make the "top 50" and this would pretty much ruin the stats as far as car distribution statistics among the MGT community.

If garage data was tied directly to everyone's actual GT5 garages, thus no one could add what ever cars they wanted, then a "Top" garage list might be interesting, but seeing as anyone can claim what ever they want would make such a list not only meaningless, but would negatively impact current community garage stats. IMO

No that's not entirely true, I had the same thought the very first time I used the site. After last week, I'm positive most if not all the top names are from this site and most know each other already. Everyone will know if your lying or not. Sure people will fake it here and there but overall the list will be pretty accurate IMO. Milouse was updating us with top 50 gear list every day that were very accurate. That's why I ask.

Edit: Oh and the added bonus is the people near completion can just buddy up and make life easy.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Milhouse

I strongly agree with this. I find myself always missing the ones underneath the pictures. If visual mode had the pictures and compact was bare like in the beginning it would make life easier. :D

Last edited:
I'm agree with Digital-Nitrate on the potential bias of Top 50 with user's name.

What I can tell you however is that the number of gear collections grows 10% / day, while completed collections don't. We've reached the 50 completed gear collections during last 24 hours.

About the Compact Gear view with the "i miss the one under image" problem, i'll see what can be done.

The Gear page now only displays images in Visual mode.
Also, the view mode you select is saved as long as the session on website stays active.

Speaking of which, I don't see an option to change our password in the Preference menu. How can we change our password?

It is available by a "Forgot Password" link on the sign-up (in?) form, which you can only see if you're not signed-up (i.e. not logged-in)

Again, just incredible thank you for runing this great site!

I have one question. If someone sends me a link to their garage in a form of: http://www.mygranturismo.net/carlist.php?garage=3271 (this is just an example, as this is link to my car list). I click on the link and I can see all the cars that person has. Is there a way with one or a couple clicks to see the list of cars that user is missing? Or is that possible to check only for my own cars?

Thank you for answering and have a nice day!

EDIT: nevermind. I'm blind and stupid appearently. Found a "NEW car trading advisor button" ... thank you!!

Last edited:
EDIT: nevermind. I'm blind and stupid appearently. Found a "NEW car trading advisor button" ... thank you!!

This button only appears when you visit someone else page while being connected, you don't need to be blind or stupid to miss it :)

Milouse,

Is it possible to have a compare link for Garage, Museum, Gear on every page rather then just the mypage screen. It would be easier if say I sent someone gear, then could just click Museum from their gear page and send cards, rather then have to go back to the mypage screen each time.

I hope I made sense. :D

Milouse,

Is it possible to have a compare link for Garage, Museum, Gear on every page rather then just the mypage screen. It would be easier if say I sent someone gear, then could just click Museum from their gear page and send cards, rather then have to go back to the mypage screen each time.

I hope I made sense. :D

I guess it makes sense to have something like a "share nav bar" when on someone else page. I'll look into that matter.

Edit: I've added a Comparison Navigation Bar to access comparison traders for Museum&Horns, Gear and Garage (Cars) when you visit one of someone else page.

Last edited:
Do you think you will be adding racing suits and helmets? Man, every time I think I may have at least one of each type, I get a new style, lol.

EDIT Opps, found it.

Last edited:
I believe there is an error in the PP value for the BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99, in http://www.mygranturismo.net/car_sheet.php?id=91 it is listed as having an initial PP of 780. However I just got a new one (0 km) from a level 23 ticket, and it is 712 PP after oil change and installing turbos, no run-in. Maybe the initial PP value listed in mygranturismo was meant to be 708 and there was a typo?

Thanks for all your work 👍
Cheers

Latest Posts

Back