• Thread starter Spec M
  • 392 comments

Spec M

Spec M Built
Premium
United States
Texas
Whiskey345ci
GT3 had an Acura. RUF for (PAL/JP) users, GT4 has the Ford GT (loved it).
What do you think the cover car for GT5 will be? I my self
have a funny fealing the F2007 or some other Ferrari will be the star
featured on the front of the GT5 case. Also what do you not want to
see? Me, I dont want to see the GT R 35. I love it but, more than likely it will
be the starchild of many other console "racing" games.

won't be the gtr. already used it for prologue and i'm pretty sure they don't reuse cars in the gt series. (i guess they just did using the gtr and the gt proto in gt concept but they technically are different cars) I'd say ferrari more than likely. even if we get some other manufacturer such as porsche or lamborghini i'm sure it will be kept as a suprise rather than flaunted on the front cover.

I think it should be a road car because the emphasis on the GT serieshas always been about road cars. The moment they put a racing machine - especially a Formula One car - on the cover, the game loses a part of itself.

I think it should be a road car because the emphasis on the GT serieshas always been about road cars. The moment they put a racing machine - especially a Formula One car - on the cover, the game loses a part of itself.

This is agreeable and I hope your right Studendriver...

I don't see why everyone here is so anti-race-car? The game does place an emphasis on hopping up and tunning production cars, but it's still a RACING game. And, since F1 cars have always been the pinacle of racing machines, it would make sense that an F1 car makes it on the cover for at least one of the installments. I personally wouldn't care if they put a Dihatsu on the cover, as long as what's inside the case is as good as I know it will be.

I don't see why everyone here is so anti-race-car? The game does place an emphasis on hopping up and tunning production cars, but it's still a RACING game. And, since F1 cars have always been the pinacle of racing machines, it would make sense that an F1 car makes it on the cover for at least one of the installments. I personally wouldn't care if they put a Dihatsu on the cover, as long as what's inside the case is as good as I know it will be.

Actually the GT series has always been the Real DRIVING Simulator, not the real racing simulator. There is another game which calls itself the real racing simulator, I forgot what it was.

And to everyone: correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Ford GT on the GT4 cover the GT race version?

:-)

And to everyone: correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Ford GT on the GT4 cover the GT race version?

Nope, your right. I believe it's the same Ford GT that will be in GT5:Prologue just a different color.

Edit: As far as the F-50 or Enzo Ferrari goes, there not even comfirmed yet. Although i'm willing to bet that both of them will be in GT5.

Actually the GT series has always been the Real DRIVING Simulator, not the real racing simulator. There is another game which calls itself the real racing simulator, I forgot what it was.

You are correct and it was a great look at what a racing version would be like. Now Ford GTs are actually competing in JGTC and I believe they maybe competing in Le Mans in the near future.

The Art _____(forgot the word...) Corvette would be a cool one. Maybe not a full shot of the car, but maybe a shot of the back tail light looking forward towards the cockpit?

One of the more obscure pictures like on the earlier GTs would be nice, and that car has some great details on it...

I'd say some kind of Ferrari or the Audi R8.

I hope they do it like GT3's cover with just the part of the car and the GT logo showing. The Audi R8 has some pretty lights so it would be perfect for that.

GT4's cover looked a bit empty to me, something I could knock up in MS Paint in 5 minutes.

GT3 had an Acura. RUF for (PAL/JP) users, GT4 has the Ford GT (loved it).
What do you think the cover car for GT5 will be? I my self
have a funny fealing the F2007 or some other Ferrari will be the star
featured on the front of the GT5 case. Also what do you not want to
see? Me, I dont want to see the GT R 35. I love it but, more than likely it will
be the starchild of many other console "racing" games.
^ Hmm, let me think. I bet it will be like this:

GT1
Nissan Skyline [R33] GT-R and Toyota Supra [JZA80] RZ = JDM version
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 coupe = USDM version *sorry my mistake*
*tire* = Euro version

GT2
Honda S2000 [AP1] = JDM version
McLaren F1 = USDM version
*engine* = Euro version

GT3
Ruf RGT = JDM and Euro version
Acura CL Type-S = USDM version

GT Concept
Nissan GT-R Concept = JDM and Euro versions

GT4 Prologue
*blank* = JDM and Euro version

GT4
Ford GT = All versions

-> I think...

GT5 Prologue
Nissan GT-R [R35] = JDM version
Ferrari F430 = Euro version
Chevrolet Corvette [C6] ZO6 = USDM Version

GT5
?
^ That is all I can say for now, the full game GT5 doesn't have a 'concrete' car list as of yet even if we use The359's master car list. I do hope the LamPorMas (Lamborghini/Porsche/Maserati), will be on the full game, that will change everything. :)

Possibility. Polypony also desined the interface for the in dash comp. in the R35.

My personal guess is that it's gonna be the last "big" car they can get a license for. This would be a great peaceoffering to Porsche or Lamborgini to land the license for either of them..? I might be way of ofcourse.

Apparently the cover has always been the latest car KY has bought / has been given... and im not making this up here...

GT4 had a GT on it because he had just got one and loved it, he also owns and RUF (GT3) and an S2000 (as on GT2's box art).... the concepts and prologues and regions other than NTSCJ don't follow this trend...

I reckon if you know what car he's getting next it will be on the box, he's like any other guy, he wants his latest toy on the front cover...

I bet it will be a Ferrari... maybe even a Ferrari that isnt out now but will be when GT5 comes out...:crazy:

Robin

^ Hmm, let me think. I bet it will be like this:

GT1
Nissan Skyline [R33] GT-R and Toyota Supra [JZA80] RZ = JDM version
Dodge Viper GTS coupe = USDM version
*tire* = Euro version

GT2
Honda S2000 [AP1] = JDM version
McLaren F1 = USDM version
*engine* = Euro version

I thought the cover for GT1 was a Camaro...I'm pretty sure that's what it looks like under that silver car cover.

And I'm also confident an F1 car did not appear in the US cover for GT2.

Apparently the cover has always been the latest car KY has bought / has been given... and im not making this up here...

GT4 had a GT on it because he had just got one and loved it, he also owns and RUF (GT3) and an S2000 (as on GT2's box art).... the concepts and prologues and regions other than NTSCJ don't follow this trend...

I reckon if you know what car he's getting next it will be on the box, he's like any other guy, he wants his latest toy on the front cover...

I bet it will be a Ferrari... maybe even a Ferrari that isnt out now but will be when GT5 comes out...:crazy:

Robin

hm interesting theory.. and regarding prologue, he has a red Skyline GTR

And I'm also confident an F1 car did not appear in the US cover for GT2.

Ignorance, you are consisted of it.

10937972851994-mcLaren-f1.jpg

Ignorance, you are consisted of it.

Okay, so I thought he was talking about the GP vehicle....but still: Do you have to insult me to correct me? I thought this was a cool place for GT fans to hang out; I may have been wrong.

In any case, I still don't think the McLaren F1 was on the cover of the US version of GT2:

Gran_Turismo_2.jpg

Back