GT5 delayed

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 4,267 comments
This really is quite ridiculous. Do they have any idea how many people are buying stuff in preparation for their game??? People are spending $100's of dollars on consoles, wheels, cockpits and pre-orders.

It is disgusting, and PD should be ashamed of themselves.

It's like a "little bird" just told me to wait and not pre-order the game or jump in on a new Wheel, pedals, etc...and I'm upset that I made the right call because that means no game on the 2nd nov. It is not a big deal if in the next hours we are given a proper explanation and in a few a days a plausible date...otherwise, the uncertainty drives buyers away, kills Sony's (not so great) reputation...in a way, everyone loses.

oh great. look at all the kids moaning and winging out of impatience and giving it the full NIMBY or 'i refuse to buy this' or 'im cancelling my preorder', what would you rather have? an incomplete glitch-fest like F1 2010 was or a complete, refined, glitch-free working version of the game you losers?

Since this announcement of delay is so close to the planned launch date I would guess that the delay is not due to development issue (game is not finished). Instead, I think the reason would be something more related to the game PSN stuff: maybe issues with the setting up the online game servers, or maybe the ranking/photo/updates/course creators server - Just imagine how much stuff should be done in the background (at Sony) in order to have this game up & running and day 1.

Well, they definitely aim for 2012-2013 "holiday season", where Mayan end of days will come.
This way they're gonna release the best and the last simulator in history of humanity.
trollface.gif

To be honest, I cant say I'm surprised at all. When I heard about the Russia delay I was hoping it was just translation but I thought I might not be that simple.
It says this holiday season. That implies this year still around Xmas, I'd still be happy getting it this year!
People need to stop whining about it soo much. Would you rather have an incomplete game Nov 2nd or get a complete & amazing game at Xmas? I think I'd go with the complete version myself xD

Please don't say that :P. They've been saying such garbage for years now, they need to face it, Polyphony digital is incapable until they remember that this is 2010 not 2000, and working with 100 staff members will never yield results.

...what would you rather have? an incomplete glitch-fest like F1 2010 was or a complete, refined, glitch-free working version of the game...?

I was gonna say a similar thing. Still, i'm mightily pissed* off though.

Not in the swear filter - no need to censor it - Scaff

F1 2010 was in development for a year guys, Polyphony's been at this for 5 years, if they are only now ironing the glitches out they need to give up on life.

What is wrong with thanksgiving and day of the dead holidays! Another full month to wait!

why don't we all lay down and let them kick us all in the nuts. while slapping our faces! this is a joke. i know there will be people that say it's not that bad, but why would they give us a release date then screw us over? it's about time pd and sony explain themselves to every gt fan on the planet. it's the least we deserve

Is anybody really surprised? If it's a month or less then my guess is that it's a Sony tactical decision, because you can't add or fix anything within a month and then have it go gold. So that leads it towards a March or April 2011 time frame, be prepared people.

Something tells me this is a sales move. Sony knows they are going ot be getting hundreds of thousands (millions?) into the stores in or around the release of the game. That many people rushing to the store presents a huge opportunity to sell other Sony goods. But those kinds of spur of the moment purchases or "wow" type good deals aren't often there for the consumer unless there is a particular reason. Let's call that reason Black Friday. Maybe we can expect a November 23rd release? At least for the US.

Enough optimism, though. I'm mad enough that I don't even want to buy the game anymore. But I know I will because I'm not a big video game guy and GT is really all I've been looking forward to.

I remember Kaz once said that the wait for GT5 might not be that long as we expected. This is when PS3 just were released. Thats when i bought mine. =) Since the GT series were suppose to be the flagship game for the PS3 i actually believed it.

While waiting for GT5 i have bought seven cars, i have sold five of them. I have changed work two times. I have moved to a whole new country and i have learned a new language. I have eaten like 400 hamburgers (Not facts, just guessing) and im soon engaged with my gf (!).

I guess time flies while waiting for GT5. =)

This is going to hurt sales in the long run. It's one thing to delay, its another to give a release date, advertise it to millions of people, and then pull out. Really BAD move.

why oh why oh ky
this delay's getting very helly.
if you keep it up,
your name's gonna end with jelly.

you make these promises, and fill us with hope
but it seems you're nothing but a dope.
taking on a project with no end in sight,
sell my ps3, and forget gt, i just might.

"If this isn't the biggest bag-over-the-head, punch-in-the-face I ever got, GOD DAMN IT!" -- Clark Griswold upon hearing about the Gran Turismo 5 delay.

Back