GT5 delayed

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 4,267 comments
Geez, what a bunch of spoiled little turd monkeys! If my kids acted this way, I'd ground you for two weeks!

Just settle down. These things happen for a good reason, you know? I'd prefer a version that is bug free or has a new feature that they didn't realize was wanted.

So, what could be the reason for the delay? I say they added something that wasn't in that PD didn't realize the importance to GT fans.

I noticed the poll for "hood" view, which is not going to be in the game. It looks like well over 80% of us want hood view. Could this be one of the reasons for the delay?

Marketing decision to release during the holiday season? Maybe. But why piss-off a bunch a fans that were expecting the game sooner than later? It's got to be more than that.

Just wait and see what their response is. No need to act like a brat.

I'm so 🤬 tired of people justifying the delay. If they said that it would be complete on a certain day, I would expect it to be complete on that day. We were expecting a game that was complete, with minimum bugs as possible, ON THAT DAY.

At this point, I'd rather have the actual demo, considering the time it has been delayed. Stop justifying like we're the bad ones. It's like blaming a rape victim of being raped because she didn't protect herself.

That said, I'm still keeping my preorder... :(

I thought it would still be released before christmas which is a positive to take out of this, atleast its still this year.

To continue my simile,

"At least you're not pregnant".

OK the next one to ignore me, the AUP and the swear filter will not just see the post they made deleted. They will also find a 10 point infraction waiting for them.

This thread is going to get busy enough without the staff having to spend an age cleaning it up.

Zero tolerance from this point on.

Scaff

No disrespect because I see your point but if the swearing part was directed at me... technically I didn't swear as I used the censored smiley in place of the swear word I could have used but chose not to. Either way, putting that smiley in means you technically don't know what word I used, or hypothetically would have used, or meant or whatever, in place of it. I actually didn't want to use the words "God damn" as some radio edit version of songs cut that out so I sorta figured it might come across as an offensive term to some of the close religious members.

Now I've confused you, and probably made you do face palm I'll be quiet. If it weren't directed at me (because I'm a good boy) then my post was pretty much a waste of post 2 am brain usage.

We need to get an online petition started that demands Sony and PD release the latest demo for GT5 on Playstation Network for free download by Nov. 2nd.

An apology is appreciated but not good enough for me.

Starting to look like a 2011 release, if they where so sincere of a November release & failed to meet that, then there guarantee of a Christmas release rings hollow.
This would explain a lack of video showing off the core of the game, only mock up screens. :grumpy:

this is bullcrap! can't believe they had to balls to delay yet again. I think they gave us the Nov 2 date due to pressure to announce a date, but now they realized that's not enough to finish. At this point I will not believe any other estimates they give (before christmas, before 2010, etc) until the stupid game is in my hands. So much for taking time off work to enjoy this game.

Way to treat your fans PD. Wish you would not have given a date at all and get everyone's hopes up. Yes the game will be worth it but damn this is getting old.

Well, I can't say that I'm surprised by it. I'm not mad, nor upset. I've gotten use to all the delays, so hopefully this delay won't be as long as all the others.

To everyone that thinks we are being bad by complaining, imagine if christmas got delayed because santa felt it had bugs that needed sorting.

Sure the game will supposedly benefit with a delay, but any game would benefit from a delay, sonner or later you have to draw the line and release the game, what if gets delayed again, and again AGAGAGAGRGRGRGRR

this is bullcrap! can't believe they had to balls to delay yet again. I think they gave us the Nov 2 date due to pressure to announce a date, but now they realized that's not enough to finish. At this point I will not believe any other estimates they give (before christmas, before 2010, etc) until the stupid game is in my hands. So much for taking time off work to enjoy this game.

Way to treat your fans PD. Wish you would not have given a date at all and get everyone's hopes up. Yes the game will be worth it but damn this is getting old.

You hit the nail on the head, pressure to get a firm date, even though PD obviously was not prepared to meet that date.

We see this a lot, the suits set a date, then the dev's come back and say, "but wait, the game wont be done by then". If you ask PD when the game will come out, they will probably tell you November..... 2011.

*chuckles*

I drop by here after hearing about this, and see this thread (7-8 pages in under an hour?) and have to think...

1Cve.jpg

This is boring. So happy about november 2 and now they moved the release even further. NOT happy but there is nothing I can do so I'll just wait paciently.

What did the Translator-San say???

or more precisely, what did he NOT tell us about??
what did he omitted and forgot to translate for us??

I tell you, this is all the Translator San 's fault!

ahah :lol:

For all of you, who have pre-ordered...
as far as i am concerned, i never took on any pre-order for this game...

i will believe the release of this game when i see it with my own two eyes...
I will not pre-order, and i will never do so for GT5.

Whenever it will come up, i will just walk in, get my standard copy and go home. Period!
I will not give Kaz the pleasure to know if i am going to buy it... why should i???
He doesnt even tell us when the game will be really released...

I will buy it whenever i see on the shelf.

I'm so tired of people saying "I want a bug-free game", "The game was delayed because PD wanted to provide the highest quality", "The game was delayed because they added 800 more premium cars or a new incredible super amazing feature".

Get over it, GT5 is finished. No more content is going in, it just got delayed by Sony. Also, don't say you'll cancel your pre-order, you know that one day GT5 will finally be released and you'll want it, after all you waited more than 5 years for it...

I remember there was a user called F.G. who used to pose offensive comments on the news pages.

Despite this, I remember him saying over a month ago that GT would be delayed again. He said that he had an inside source at PD, but got slated by people for saying this.

It now seems like F.G. really did have an inside source at PD. Would be good to see what else he knows. He doesn't seem to post anymore, probably got banned or something for his rudeness.

If you're reading this F.G., what else do you know?

I'm not so pissed because I wouldn't be getting the game on day 1 anyway.

That thing written in the US Blog is ********, that's just an excuse. Because in one of Kaz interviews, he said that PD is already working on GT6, so GT5 is done. This delay has nothing to do with the development of the game.

Does anyone know if the GT5 release party in Spain will also have a delay?

I'm lost for words. I have been a dedicated GT fan for years, I have endured the long wait, but this is really testing my passion for the game. I was planning on buying a G27 for this game, I have been replaying GT5:P again for the 1500th time, I was looking forward to the game. Now I just feel like I shouldn't be wasting my time waiting patiently anymore, I will be purchasing the Forza 3 Ultimate Collection now. I will still be buying GT5 but I'm not going to get excited for it again. Kazunouri, the game will never ever be perfect, so just release it already.

Yours sincerely,
An angry GT fan.

Back