GT5 delayed

• Thread starter Kingdizzi
  • 4,267 comments
Doesn't surprise me at all, I never expected it to release well before Xmas. Its probably better they release it for the holidays because it will probably get more PS3 bundle sales rather than just the game.

If the delay is tactical (by Sony) then I get it but its more likely the delay is yet again PD not managing to do everything on time. As it is I think they have spent way too long on the eye candy and not enough time adding features other competitors have. I have always been a GT fan but seeing GT5 I feel other games have embraced the changes to modern gaming tastes much better than PD has.

PD must have some serious faith in their fans to keep delaying this game, the casual gamers might not be so forgiving.

Robin.

58351.jpg

Feels bad man

this is bullcrap! can't believe they had to balls to delay yet again. I think they gave us the Nov 2 date due to pressure to announce a date, but now they realized that's not enough to finish. At this point I will not believe any other estimates they give (before christmas, before 2010, etc) until the stupid game is in my hands. So much for taking time off work to enjoy this game.

Way to treat your fans PD. Wish you would not have given a date at all and get everyone's hopes up. Yes the game will be worth it but damn this is getting old.

Here here!! It's wearing a bit thin and also wearing my patients thin, very thin!
I surely do hope we don't have a repeat performance of 2009. But hey, the good thing about this is it means I've got more time to decide weather or not I want the Collectors Edition, also more time incase I wish to pre order that.

Here's an interesting thought though, maybe they've held off 'til Christmas because they think more will sell during that season. Who knows? Personally I think this delay is both good and bad. Yes, it cheeses me off but at the same time sort of not. Should have seen it coming though, they've got a history of this. To describe waiting for GT5 - It's like an airline that has a bad aircraft maintenance history but good customer service and great in flight entertainment, you know you're taking a risk but still go along for the enjoyable ride anyway.

Oddly, despite the delay message being posted on the Japanese official site...GT5 is still listed as November 3rd on the product page. So they either just haven't updated yet, or this whole thing is just a hoax. Though that's probably not the case...

That thing written in the US Blog is ********, that's just an excuse. Because in one of Kaz interviews, he said that PD is already working on GT6, so GT5 is done. This delay has nothing to do with the development of the game.
"PD is already working on GT6" does not mean that everyone at PD was working on GT6. If the QA people found a large bug in the game close to the end of the QA period, and it would take some time to fix it, it absolutely has to do with the development of GT5.

I'm so tired of people saying "I want a bug-free game", "The game was delayed because PD wanted to provide the highest quality", "The game was delayed because they added 800 more premium cars or a new incredible super amazing feature".

Get over it, GT5 is finished. No more content is going in, it just got delayed by Sony. Also, don't say you'll cancel your pre-order, you know that one day GT5 will finally be released and you'll want it, after all you waited more than 5 years for it...

You cant keep going on about highest quality. If that were the case, the game would come out in late 2011 or 2012, and have 1000 cars that are completely done, not just 200 of them, and then they wouldnt need to use this lame "premium" excuse. They could spend the next 2 years trying to finish this game, trying to get it to the point where people arent talking about the lack of finished cars, flat trees and whatever else is wrong with it.

At this point they need to just put it out, their reputation is taking a hit, there are people out there going to pick up forza 3 over how long this game is taking to come out, many have already, I know I did. I know others who have, Ive seen many people in topics mention it.

"PD is already working on GT6" does not mean that everyone at PD was working on GT6. If the QA people found a large bug in the game close to the end of the QA period, and it would take some time to fix it, it absolutely has to do with the development of GT5.

One of my sources say a group of idiots from California have been staging hack-attacks on PD.

just got off the phone and got my refund being wired back to my credit card. I will not pick this up even when it comes out. I will wait and see if its really worth it. I was going to buy a ps3 as well on the day it comes out

My dissapointment is so big that I do not even feel dissapointed or angry, I just kinda do not care any more. (yes I do care enough so that I post here, before somone says that)

This, And yes I'm still keeping my Sig. Edition pre-order.

meh. KY is probably looking at this forum and thinking.

"ono... what have i done" while munching on a sushi roll.

we will all notice that ebay will have a sudden surge of second hand PS3's.

I just wonder if this is because of the Collectors Edition and Polyphony not having enough.So the delay is for those who will be for certain to get a copy.This relates to me as well.

I went to Gamestop the other day and wanted to upgrade my regular edition to the CE.The employee said that the CE preorders had stopped.

Maybe this delay will give me hope that i can now get the Collectors Edition.

just got off the phone and got my refund being wired back to my credit card. I will not pick this up even when it comes out. I will wait and see if its really worth it. I was going to buy a ps3 as well on the day it comes out

Haven't you already got one?

meh ive got both the xbox and ps3.. if anybody can seriously say forza 3 demo isnt good they are crazy.. its very realistic but to me it really cant touch even your basic gran turismo.. but its a lot of fun and interesting (clutch) to play with

Does anybody know how long it takes to make all the blu rays for the shops and such?
Just curious what stage they are in at the moment.

Anyone thinking 'Oh is OK because Europe is not delayed' is total wishful thinking, If the game cannot even come out in the US where it only needs to be in English good luck expecting a game needed to be translated into most European languages coming out before it! Expect a similar statement on the EU blog pretty soon! The Russian delay also hints to the fact there might be a world wide delay (excluding Japan).

I don't believe this game has even gone gold anywhere yet!

Dan360
Does Black Ops scream out a clue?

Different genre so not necessarily, but in times like these most gamers wont buy more than one game at a time so..

Robin.

Geez, what a bunch of spoiled little turd monkeys! If my kids acted this way, I'd ground you for two weeks!

How old are you? It's funny how you assume that it's just kids that posts on this forum.

Just settle down. These things happen for a good reason, you know? I'd prefer a version that is bug free or has a new feature that they didn't realize was wanted.

So, what could be the reason for the delay? I say they added something that wasn't in that PD didn't realize the importance to GT fans.

I noticed the poll for "hood" view, which is not going to be in the game. It looks like well over 80% of us want hood view. Could this be one of the reasons for the delay?

Marketing decision to release during the holiday season? Maybe. But why piss-off a bunch a fans that were expecting the game sooner than later? It's got to be more than that.

Just wait and see what their response is. No need to act like a brat.

I. DON'T. CARE. WHAT. THEIR. REASON. IS.

If they wanted to add a feature, they should've added it and have it ready by the release date. It's not an excuse. If you were my father, I'd disown myself.

I'm not stopping my collectors edition, I'm annoyed however I know I will only preorder it again at a later date, It's only a month and abit later anyway.

Back