GT5 demo December 17 !

• Thread starter Goldrusher
  • 1,387 comments
Belgium
Flanders
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...s-december-17th-with-downloadable-time-trial/

when ?
December 17 (offline again on January 24)

what ?
time trial
1 track (Indianapolis Road Course)
2 cars (Nissan 370Z, a non-tuned and a racing model)

where ?
all Stores​

In Europe, the demo is also the first qualifying round for the 2010 GT Academy. More about that here.

In North America, no GT Academy, but the best driver wins a VIP trip to the Indianapolis 500. Details here.

The Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge features both a stock and a tuned version of the new Nissan 370Z, and includes two time trial events on a single track, one for each version of the car. Both cars drive and handle differently, each providing a unique challenge for newcomers to the GT series and long-time fans alike. And you’ll have to master both to have a chance at winning, because the grand prize will go to the player with the best combined time for both the stock and tuned Time Trial events.

4154576961_ae23199494_b.jpg

Last edited:
This has the same levels of mystery as Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

A tour round the chocolate factory that NO ONE GOES IN OR OUT OF. You'll see mysterious things - things that cannot be unseen. But you'll have to find the golden ticket lap time to get in.

That's awesome. Missed GT academy first time around. Don't have broadband at home. Will I be able to download the demo, set my times offline, then go to a friends house, go online and post them?

Do you think this will still be availiable after the Academy has selected its pupils?

Due to extremely slow PSN download rate.

I'm soooooo happy! Australia got in YEEAAAAHHHH!

Probably won't get in the top 20 (LOL at the idea), but it makes my heart race thinking about it.

:D

So sad that Brazil isn't included and i can't try "change my life" with GT Academy.
Maybe in the next GT Academy. I would love to go in some race track, drive a super car and tell to all my friends that Gran Turismo made it possible ! :P

I am mostly curious about what progression GT5 made, what will be the physics, sound and graphics. Can't wait to DL the demo!

So glad Australia got in. Maybe if we keep it between us we both can get it.... lol

Theres some real aliens in Australia - including Mark Webber (no - not the real one - but GTP's own) who is usually at the top of any TT combo that takes his fancy. Mad94d is also one to watch.

Epic news!... And Australia is part of the competition!
Really wasn't expecting any of this. 👍

My country isn't in, but OMG we have a NEW TRACK! And we will experience the NEW DRIVING PHYSICS! It's better than any possible Prologue update...And of course we will drive a japanese car again, I'd love the 370Z, but why not a M3CSL or a ZR1?

My country isn't in, but OMG we have a NEW TRACK! And we will experience the NEW DRIVING PHYSICS! It's better than any possible Prologue update...And of course we will drive a japanese car again, I'd love the 370Z, but why not a M3CSL or a ZR1?

Probably for the same reason they used a 350Z for the last one?

I can only assume that the race car will, again, be a nissan, and most likely it'll be a new 370Z GT4 for the winner to have a crack in.

Either way, I'd gladly be part of an all-QLD lineup. Actually, what would even be better, if the guy in 21st was from NSW. Silly roaches you can't drive or even play footy!

Probably for the same reason they used a 350Z for the last one?

I can only assume that the race car will, again, be a nissan, and most likely it'll be a new 370Z GT4 for the winner to have a crack in.

Either way, I'd gladly be part of an all-QLD lineup. Actually, what would even be better, if the guy in 21st was from NSW. Silly roaches you can't drive or even play footy!

Who you calling a roach?

This is getting more than a joke IMO, so drop it, otherwise I'll start saying 🤬 about QLD - and everyone knows there's no shortage of that.

:mischievous:

Nissan sponsor the whole event ;)

:ouch:....I forgot....so, why not a GTR...💡

Well, does anybody knows what will be exactly this "New Track"?? Can it be some of the circuits speculated here, like the tuscany track?

:ouch:....I forgot....so, why not a GTR...💡

Well, does anybody knows what will be exactly this "New Track"?? Can it be some of the circuits speculated here, like the tuscany track?

Because we already have a GTR and a Spec-V wouldn't be as big of a jump as a whole new car plus a tuned version.

Besides. FR would be better separating the boys form the men.

Back