Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
Germany
Krautland
LukeCannotSkate
halloffameag.jpg

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Spank

Spank is one of GTPlanet's best known persons in the Drift section. He is the founder and leader of the great and also very well known Team Drop5 that has alot skilled and competitive members.

But this is not what spank made so beloved and famous here. It's the fact that he gave us the glorious Drift championship called Virtual Drift Circuit, short VDC. VDC is the most organized Drift competition GTPlanet has seen so far. Skilled judges, qualifying, tandem battles... everything what a perfect Drift challenge needs is included there and we just have to thank spank for it. He's putting alot effort and time in VDC to keep it updated and as organized as it is.

Besides this it has to be mentioned that he is also a high class drifter what his own success in VDC Season 2 proves.

The whole Drift community has to thank him for his big effort, it wouldn't be the same without him at all!

Interview with Spank (December 2011)

What’s your personal opinion about this Drift community?
I think we are just one big family! I mean there are some on here who I have heard dont like me too much but whether they do or not, I think we all share a common balance and thats Drifting. Its something to that brings us all together to have fun and friendly competitions just to see who is better than who. I love being apart of is and glad I made my switch in April from racing to drifting.

What made you founding the VDC Drift championship and Team Drop5?
Well for VDC, I didnt really see any big drift events other than H2H that just ended. I seen lots of team battles between each other but none to bring everyone together. So this is where VDC came along. I thought to myself one day that I wanted to bring everyone together to not only compete against each other but to have fun! To me there is nothing like the joy of being able to be door to door with someone equal if not better than yourself. This lets you not only see where you place but better yourself as a GT5 drifter. As for Drop5, I saw many teams out there and not sure if I wanted to apply for all of them. To me it seemed like too much work and thought maybe it would be fun to have my own team. Once I started I was kinda worried about if it would take off or not. So my surprise it has been a success besides some hicups in financial reasons. We ended up splitting up and just a few weeks later getting back together. Currently we have 13 members, which may seem like alot, but is worth it. I enjoy spending time with all my guys and hope they feel the same about me?!

Do you like the way VDC occures?
Its been very difficult to manage VDC, a team, and a full time job, let alone a 2 year old child. I've had some major stress upon me and it has taken its toll. I would like a different schedule to work on rather than every 2 weeks but cant seem to manage the time. Once I get some stuff figured out VDCS3 could be in the works.

How's your team doing?
We are doing great, we have some up coming battles to had, along with tons of video recording. We are in the current works of a DVD. I will be in the making of a DVD for a good portion of this upcoming year to release it by the 2 year anniversary of GT5. I have some big plans, just need time to compete all of them. We get along very well together and enjoy laughing and telling jokes. We just try to keep the Drifting FUN!! If anyone wants to enjoy our company as much as we enjoy yours please join our rooms and drift with us, we would love to have you!

Season 2 is almost over, any spoilers for Season 3? Will there be a Season 3?
Once Season 2 is over I will be in the planning for a Season 3, yes. Season 3 has many changes to it and will be more organized and alot more simpler to figure out. And once its getting close to time for it to start keep an eye out for a Trailer. :sly:

How do you think about the fact that so many people announced you?
I was very surprised!! I know a majority of the people on here dont like me. To see this many votes for me is awesome and I am so thankful for it guys! This means alot to me! To know all the time I have put into VDC, Drop5 and everything else on GTPlanet.net has paid off.

Shoutouts?
I want to make a shoutout to my team. You guys did awesome this year! Although we have some newbies this upcoming year is going to be a success! I cant wait to see what it has in store for us. I would also like to make a shoutout to everyone on GTPlanet who has competed in either of my comps, I want to say thank you for showing interest in my stuff and I hope you enjoyed yourself and hope it was enough to bring you guys back. Thank you Silvia_s13_lover, monsterGAUZ, Ono, just to name a few!

THANK YOU!

-Spank 👍

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Last edited:
Spank for the VDC Comp, he dedicated his time for 2 seasons, maybe even 3... I'll try & think of a couple more people & some teams.

Last edited:
I like the idea :D 👍 I dont know many people here so i cant really reccomend anyone except the people that have been already mentioned :guilty:

I would say INSANE_ROTARY and Eastslidah. Don't know what they are like to any americans but for Auzzies and Kiwis they are famed for leading D1NZ

Shame there not on GTP

GTPD award: Rookie of the Year?

yes. make me work even harder lol. How would you figure out the rookie of the year or half a year?

I think it should be categorized. Not just Hall of fame but awards.
Best Drifter, Best Team, Community Helper (for like people who organized comps and stuff), Rookie of the year (should be me :D) Hall of Fame.

Also because its a game, the hall of fame should introduce 2 people instead of 1. Thats only if your doing 1 hall of fame a year. Just my 2 cents. Great idea though.

We could make the categories and the OP would be PMed the nomination from the community. Or a poll is being used. Though we will have to define each category...

yes. make me work even harder lol. How would you figure out the rookie of the year or half a year?

I think it should be categorized. Not just Hall of fame but awards.
Best Drifter, Best Team, Community Helper (for like people who organized comps and stuff), Rookie of the year (should be me :D) Hall of Fame.

Also because its a game, the hall of fame should introduce 2 people instead of 1. Thats only if your doing 1 hall of fame a year. Just my 2 cents. Great idea though.

*Coughs* Don't jump to conclusions, I'm in with a chance :lol:

There's actually a lot more people that should go up as "Rookie of the year", but I also think there should be a "Youngest drifter on a team" or something like that.

e_dub64
There's actually a lot more people that should go up as "Rookie of the year", but I also think there should be a "Youngest drifter on a team" or something like that.

Haha I know. I think rookie of the year should be Best Rookie because a whole year is enough time to be really great and I know some rookies who started 3 months ago like me. I'm just saying it should be a time restriction to how long they been drifting to be classified as a rookie. But, hey, it's just an opinion.

Like age or when they joined?

GT5 Drift Awards, then?

Suggested categories:

- Best Female Performance (sounds sexist, but everyone would love to)
- Custom Track of the Year.
- Low HP (-300HP) Car of the year.
- C Class Drift Machine of the year.
- B Class Drift Machine of the Year.
- A Class Drift Machine of the Year.
- S Class Drift Machine of the Year.
- Most inovative section challenge.
- Best GT5 Drifting Video.
- Best team (based not only on victories, but only contribution in a whole - Lobbie, Videos, Competitions, GTP influence...).
- Best Online Drift Lobby.

I just dont see many reason to create a "Driter of the year" and "Rookie of the Year", since most everyone here drift since last December 2010 or so, and takes less than a month to become a decent drifter, even unsing a racing wheel.

Would be perfect if the tracks and cars would be in the GT5 shared space, so the judges could test these cars and tracks in loco.

This is a bit silly in my honest opinion because a lot of people are nominating themselves and A LOT of people are not known even though they are utter beasts of drifting :)

GT5 Drift Awards, then?

Suggested categories:

- Best team (based not only on victories, but only contribution in a whole - Lobbie, Videos, Competitions, GTP influence...).

I just dont see many reason to create a "Driter of the year" and "Rookie of the Year", since most everyone here drift since last December 2010 or so, and takes less than a month to become a decent drifter, even unsing a racing wheel.

Would be perfect if the tracks and cars would be in the GT5 shared space, so the judges could test these cars and tracks in loco.

👍

GT5 Drift Awards, then?

Suggested categories:

Great idea :) 👍

This is a bit silly in my honest opinion because a lot of people are nominating themselves and A LOT of people are not known even though they are utter beasts of drifting :)

True , I Don't see any point doing this ;)

Great Idea Lukas, Spank should be the first to be a part of the hall of fame, and have his own award: Game Changer Of The Year. Without a doubt he has changed Drifting on GTP in a huge way so my respect gos out to him!! We can call it the Spanky Award! 👍

Back