Gt5 fans going else were with psn down?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lost-on-drugz
  • 113 comments
  • 8,854 views
Started playing minecraft. MAN IS THAT ADDICTING! I feel like my life is just tumbling away. :indiff:
 
Ever since PSN went down, my PS3 has just been collecting dust. I'll play it again once I'm able to buy NFS Shift 2 or once PSN comes back, whichever happens first.

In the mean time, I've been playing Forza 3 and various racing games on PS2, mostly Burnout 3 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer games.

Same here, seriously looking at connecting PS3 up on main tv as a blueray player andf buying an xbox. I've only just started playing games and this outage is pissing me of so looking for better and more reliable ways to play online. Sony buck up your ideas fast or your losing custom, not just me either.
 
Been playing a bit of red dead and borderlands playthrough 2
 
I leave my country to take a working trip for a month....:yuck:
 
I have player f1 2010, shift 2 and loads of star wars battlefront 2 (strangely).
 
I've actually dug out TDU1 again too. I liked that game so much i've just bought the sequel, even though i hear there is a lot wrong with it (apparently bug fixes have been released though). I'm not that bothered about the Ibiza angle, but to have the original game's Hawaiian island on the same disk and now in glorious PS3 HD is too good to pass up. Some of the races on TDU1 are among the best i've ever had in a video game. The tracks/roads were amazing at times. And the big one, trying to race around the entire island along all the coast roads for 45 minutes, by choice in a McLaren F1, with traffic, police etc, was simply brilliant. Hooking up with people on line to do the same was also groundbreaking at the time. It's a shame the new version doesn't appear to have as great a selection of cars as the original, but i guess there will be DLC packs again.
 
Finally started playing Red Dead Redemption for the first time since i got it for christmas.
 
I dusted off my copy of Black Ops for the PC... Joined a clan, and now I'm having a riot with that.
My 360 and PS3 are collecting dust... :guilty:
 
I picked up an xbox360 4gb for $200 delivered plus a $50 store credit at NewEgg. Got Forza 3 with some of the credit. I already had a 16gb usb drive, so put that in the xbox and was able to fully install Forza 3 with 6gb left over. I picked up a couple cheap used games for it, and pre-ordered Forza 4.

Forza 3 is some ways better and worse than GT5, but more importantly there is lots of events on Forza while I have done everything but the 24hr races on GT5.
 
I bought Shift 2 a few days ago and I'm enjoying this game very much! I'll probably go back to GT5 once a week to do the seasonal events once psn comes back on, but I'm afraid that I'm pretty done with this game, unfortunately...
 
Too busy trying to finish the FGT championship

You don't have to win every race. The wet ones are pretty much unwinnable anyway, start them & retire. Gold the other 4 & you'll win the championship. THEN go back & you'll gold Suzuka & the other one easily.
 
I started playing Minecraft again.

You're not the only one, my girlfriend got it and invited me to her friend's server and I've played for 11 hours since Sunday :lol:
 
I bought Shift 2 a few days ago and I'm enjoying this game very much!

Shift 2 is the real deal. Especially when you mainly play offline, Shift 2 has some of the best racing against AI of any racing game I know.

Add me on PSN (once it's back up) if you like and you can race Autolog times - which is even more addictive than the regular offline races. 👍
 
I have my first year law finals and studying though most of this outage so I can't really complain too loudly.
 
I waited a long 3/4 years for GT5 a few weeks of PSN downtime isn't much in my opinion. Well yeah whilst the PSN has been down been B specing, improving my drifting, making and uploading replays, playing split screen, trying to get better with my DFGT, golding my licences (on 43 out of 60) never got more than a few golds on the past versions and a few other things.
I did play a bit Rage racer and Ridge racer type 4 during the downtime.
 
I've been playing a lot of Tetris on PS3 lately, been getting to level 15 & finishing games now too, HA-ha! I would've defected to iRacing long ago but can't afford a new PC to run it on, as soon as PSN is back up I'll be organising a few weekly races on GT5 with friends I guess (see SSCS in my sig).



:dopey:
 
GT5 started losing steam for me back in late Feb early March - as it did for many of the guys I raced with from these forums. A couple of them even traded in the game because they got bored with the "same ole thing".

I picked up Shift 2 and Tiger Woods golf. Both fun but when I play I only play for about 30 minutes at a time, and usually only 30 minutes a day. I also went back to Forza 3 for enjoy some different tracks and gaming.

It's funny, I stumbled upon a GREAT deal on a Fanatec GT2 wheel -someone else who was also bored- it works on both the PS3 and Xbox and I have hardly used it in two+ months. I guess interests change, huh?

Life happens. :)
 
I play a bit F1 2010 when F1 is on tv, but the rest no time since psn is down
 
I've pretty much barely touched GT5 since the PSN went down. Have just started my second run through of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (this time with the trophies game update), and then i'll finally be able to play my Christmas present, Uncharted 2. :D

Doesn't help that my Driving Force GT has given up the ghost. :( See my topic in steering wheels forum.
 
I've been playing FIFA and F1 Championship Edition recently. Of course I'd rather play F1 2010, but I don't have that game :/
 
Actually while PSN is down I forgot GT for a while and managed to get a new girlfriend.
 
Why would people leave? People didn't leave GT1, 2, 3 or 4.. and there was no PSN.

They would leave because those games were precisely six thousand times more entertaining than GT5, which falls apart without PSN.
 
Comparing this to the GT's before doesn't make much sense; those never had online play to lose. You can't miss what you never had in the first place.

Unfortunately, plenty of people have grown used to playing online with friends, something that is a completely different experience to the time-trialing "OLR" we all did with the past games. For people who have nearly completed the offline portion (I've been sitting with only a handful of endurances in A-Spec for months), there's only limited amounts of things to do. I've been taking all of my cars to the 'Ring and running laps, but sometimes, I just want to have fun with other cars on track, and the AI doesn't usually allow for that.

I'm still playing, but it's way down compared to what I was when the PSN was still up. I even find myself getting annoyed trying to do fairly mundane things; I wanted to transfer a car from my secondary account to my main, since I don't have it available in there, and couldn't. Or continue stock-piling paints that I can't easily reproduce... but I can't.

It's 2011, it feels strange playing games with no ability to play with others online anymore...
 
Gt5anticip8r
They would leave because those games were precisely six thousand times more entertaining than GT5, which falls apart without PSN.

Personally I think most people are misguided as to what type of Racing game The GT series is. It's more true to life in that Racing cars IS a grind. Your time is spent tuning testing and Racing which is what I've Been doing since psn has been down. Basically I use the offline mode to tune and test and make money to go race online, so with the extended downtime I've been building up my cars and rediscovering how good some of my cars are. I also am breaking in 2 new B-Spec drivers since my top 2 are stuck online.
 
I normally do my gaming online against other people, so it's extremely hard for me to go back to playing racing or sports games solo.

I have, though, had a nice long SimCity 4 session or two, and have been progressing through my F! 2010 career at a steady clip.
 
Personally I think most people are misguided as to what type of Racing game The GT series is. It's more true to life in that Racing cars IS a grind.

Sorry, but I play games for fun, not for work. I don't care what the annoying, boring repetitive parts of real-life racing are, because I'm not a professional race driver and quite frankly I don't care. If they want me to buy and enjoy a game they better make it fun.

And that's why I've given up on GT and am now fully immersed in Shift 2. The game that got everything right that GT got wrong: it's actually fun, immersive, engaging, challenging, visceral and exciting.

You can keep your grind. I'm racing on Bathurst with my Porsche Carrera GT against a Pagani Huayra, a CCX and a Gumpert, baby!

👍
 
Back