Gt5 fans going else were with psn down?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lost-on-drugz
  • 113 comments
  • 8,854 views
I took a little time away from GT during the second week of the outage, but I didn't play any racing games. I'm back to competing in the WRS, and really enjoying it again.

I was tempted to pickup Shift 2 last week, but I'm going to hold out longer for that one.
 
Sorry, but I play games for fun, not for work. I don't care what the annoying, boring repetitive parts of real-life racing are, because I'm not a professional race driver and quite frankly I don't care. If they want me to buy and enjoy a game they better make it fun.

And that's why I've given up on GT and am now fully immersed in Shift 2. The game that got everything right that GT got wrong: it's actually fun, immersive, engaging, challenging, visceral and exciting.

You can keep your grind. I'm racing on Bathurst with my Porsche Carrera GT against a Pagani Huayra, a CCX and a Gumpert, baby!

👍

I'm kinda the opposite I have Shift 2 but I've hardly touched it
 
Actually, not really. The AMG driving thing is a massive blast especially with that tuned SLS- plus you get a lot of credits.
 
Actually the PSN going down has got me to pick up and start playing GT5 again. I'm not grinding, like what someone thinks is what you're only suppose to do. I'm just playing Aspec and trying to get gold on all the races. I golded everything up to professional and currently working on the next set.

I'm loving it and think it's fun. I don't get what other people are having problems with.
 
Actually the PSN going down has got me to pick up and start playing GT5 again. I'm not grinding, like what someone thinks is what you're only suppose to do. I'm just playing Aspec and trying to get gold on all the races. I golded everything up to professional and currently working on the next set.

I'm loving it and think it's fun. I don't get what other people are having problems with.

If you just finished the Professional events, you're still in the middle of the game.

I started grinding when there were no more new things to do, and all I had left was to get any cars I want.
 
Install last week's patch and try it. You're in for a treat! 👍

Yes, do tell what was in the patch. Unless it's a massive overhaul of the "arcade" physics/handling, this game won't be coming near my collection. I really wanted it to be good, seemed like they did a lot of things right but still forgot to bring the physics up to par. Without good physics, there's no point in any of the awesome features, as far as I'm concerned.
 
Unless it's a massive overhaul of the "arcade" physics/handling, this game won't be coming near my collection.

And that's exactly what happened. Physics parameters changed, lag removed and FFB for wheel users improved.

Don't take my word for it. Ask in the Shift 2 subforum: many people who hated the game at first but are now loving it to bits.

👍
 
Definitely playing Shift 2. I haven't touched GT5 since I Shift 2 came out, but I'm really hoping a content patch might change that, though I doubt GT5 will ever really get anything more than the seasonal events unfortunately.
 
silicon1138
I've actually dug out TDU1 again too. I liked that game so much i've just bought the sequel, even though i hear there is a lot wrong with it (apparently bug fixes have been released though). I'm not that bothered about the Ibiza angle, but to have the original game's Hawaiian island on the same disk and now in glorious PS3 HD is too good to pass up. Some of the races on TDU1 are among the best i've ever had in a video game. The tracks/roads were amazing at times. And the big one, trying to race around the entire island along all the coast roads for 45 minutes, by choice in a McLaren F1, with traffic, police etc, was simply brilliant. Hooking up with people on line to do the same was also groundbreaking at the time. It's a shame the new version doesn't appear to have as great a selection of cars as the original, but i guess there will be DLC packs again.

I have TDU2 its pretty good :D pretty good but glitchy at sometimes
 
hansmanzano
I started playing Minecraft again. And I started a new Career in F1 2010 since the outage.

Is F1 2010 good? Is it worth buying? Because I want to get it :P
 
I have TDU2 its pretty good :D pretty good but glitchy at sometimes

The day I unlocked level 4 mods for my Veyrons was the same day PSN went down :grumpy:
 
Got me spending more time with my 5 months old baby and help wifee with small stuff. Plus get to watch a few blue rays and enjoy my awesome home theater setup:)
 
And that's exactly what happened. Physics parameters changed, lag removed and FFB for wheel users improved.

Don't take my word for it. Ask in the Shift 2 subforum: many people who hated the game at first but are now loving it to bits.

👍
Are the multiplayer options still extremely limited?
 
VBR
I've been playing a lot of Tetris on PS3 lately, been getting to level 15 & finishing games now too, HA-ha! I would've defected to iRacing long ago but can't afford a new PC to run it on, as soon as PSN is back up I'll be organising a few weekly races on GT5 with friends I guess (see SSCS in my sig).



:dopey:

Youre computer doesnt need to be that quick. mate
 
I've been playing a ton of Fallout: New Vegas, as it kept me busy. There's just too much to do, and even more with character builds/different endings :crazy: However, I do come back to GT5 for some practice laps or try out some standard cars.



"Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter" :lol:
 
I don't get all the complaining about veyrons and hacks unlocking cars like 458 italia on 360 or ive heard of Lambo gallardos that were either unlocked or hacked by creating one yourself. Sure it's hacking but it's just different cars, and some people don't want to pay for them as DLC. :P on TDU2
 
I'm tempted to go back and finish Forza 3 and would have already if it weren't for the fact that my G27 does not work on the Xbox. This outage made me realize how dependent I become on those seasonals. It's sad how little content this game has outside of online play. If only I could take GT5's gameplay and combine it with Forza's number of events...but I'm sure a million people have said that already
 
and yeah this topic was to see how many people are re verting to other games since psn down as i have reverted to iracing and unsure if gt5 will please me anymore after havin psn down ive had the time to experiance new games.
 
I forgot how good Dirt 2 was, yeah its not a simulator, but its still a blast.
 
RFactor and Halo Reach have kept me occupied, while my x2010 is auto grinding :P
 
Just plowing thru some more B=Spec to get credits so i can buy the XJR-9 when i finallally find it.

Also been playing Street Fighter and Pokemon Black on the 3DS and playing yet more Fifa 11.
 
Since PSN wen't down i've started to autogrind. Earned around 100.000.000 credits so far and used all of them on pretty much every car i ever wanted.

This offline stuff ain't to bad, really.. When it goes online again I'll have stock and tuned cars for every PP level.
 
f1 2011 is already out

F1 2010 is out, but F1 2011 isn't out until September.
To answer the question though, been playing F1 2010 with PSN down. Seasonals were only thing keeping me going really, but I'm sure I will be back to GT5.
 
I've been having a blast playing Trackmania online with the ds3 hooked up to my pc. Best free game out there IMO
 
I dont game anymore lately. Sun is shining, so i'm going to have fun with my friendd
 
Back