GT5 H2H Drift Tournament is back! (I'm sorry to say... Cancelled)

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 377 comments

Hayden

Chrysler Racer
Premium
Australia
South Australia
OK Guys, i sincerely apologise but real life has cut me off from this again. I really appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this, but with all the fantasticly organised events now cranking up around here i hope you can all move on.

D1 Grand Prix Series: Organised by H2H participant Monstergauz, this very well organized and restricted series is just starting up. I'm not sure if there still taking entrants, but it looks great to me
Gtds D1 Style Comps : Competitions held Monday and Friday of each week at 8pm that are open to all. Each competition is held over a single night, with a first come-first served rule and a 12 participant limit
Themed Mini Comps | By Drop5: This one is still being organized, but has an exciting future. Each competition has a new theme choose by participants and it's organized by the legend behind VDC; Spank
GTP Formula Drift Championship : This one is pretty new and based off the real world Formula Drift series in the US. There's still 5 spots open so head over there for some long term drifting.
VDC: What can i say? The big daddy of GTP drifting.... Head over and take a look!

Once again, sorry guys but the climatic peak of my schooling is (to me) more important then continuing to run H2H. I've enjoyed every run of judged, met some great people and had some fun, so to me H2H was a success. I feel terrible that, despite all my work, it became a carbon copy of the events of #2, but seeing the amount of comps out there, am glad this won't be to big a loss for you guys.

Thanks for the good time, MR D

jjjmz.jpg

www.gt5-h2h.webs.com

Round #2 Battle Fixtures Are Up

TIME TO NEXT BATTLE: Coza427 vs fcpmarcus

After a 9 month hiatus H2H is back! Registrations are now open full and there will not be any qualifying so if you aren't one of the first 32 to sign up you will miss out. The aim of the tournament has shifted, to a bi-monthly tournament open to everyone. That means there will be more runs, by more drifters over less time. Sound good? Keep reading.

Rules/Regs
•No BHP Limit
•No KG limit
•No PP limit
•FR only
•Comfort hard tyres only
•No driving aids (except ABS)
•Real grip
•Tyre/fuel depletion: On (Pitstops can be had in between runs if required)
•Rumble strips are part of the track

Judging
Judging will be done by members of Team Mallala as well as D-Max (jimmy18090) who has also put his hand up to help out, and will be rostered on like everyone else. Please read this part of the website for more information on judging and the complete list of rules and regulations.

Judging Criteria (edited from official GTP list)
The person who's name is written on top in the list below will lead the first run. The critical success factor is for the lead car to be able to run the course without error while being pressured by the following car. The following car is to try and “out drive” the lead car. Driver consistency during a tandem battle is critical. Lead Car must be able to clear the course without making any errors due to distraction or pressure by the following car. Following Car needs to run the same basic line as the lead car but may also take a higher line in order to pressure the lead driver. Taking a lower line than the lead car will result in a loss of advantage. If the lead car is off line, the following car will gain advantage points by staying on the correct line. The following car should keep as close to the lead car as possible to gain the advantage. Collisions may occur during tandem battle and in the event of contact, the driver at fault will lose advantage points. Drivers are required to complete the entire course, even if the other driver crashes, hits, spins, stalls or is not able to complete the run. Drivers are always being judged as long as they are on course. Tandem Scoring will be observed by the judge during the head-to-head battle. After the first run the judge will make a decision based on line, angle, speed and overall style dividing 10 points between the two drivers. In a very close battle, the scores may be 5-5, if a driver crashes and his competitor finishes the run without incident a 10-0 will be awarded. After the 2nd run the same is done but in the event of the scores being equal from the two runs added together (10-10) a “One More Time” will be granted, and the competitors will begin another 2-run head-to-head battle. Multiple “One More Times” may be necessary to determine a winner.

Passing, while legal, is definitely discouraged as more often then not it ends in a crash. Even if a pass is completed, it doesn't gaurantee you will win the run, and any contact will give the following car a 0. So you should only pass if the perfect oppurtunity presents.

****What if no judges are on when my battle is supposed to start?****
If no judge is on when it is time for your battle, you've had no response to a warning post in this thread and none of your friends are qualified/interested in judging all is not lost! Please still meet up in a lounge with your opponent and run the battle (in race), making sure to also run an extra pair just in case of an OMT. After that make sure you and your competitor save the replay. Then follow this awesome guide to exporting replays, making sure you upload your Zipped folder onto mediafire (or a similar site) and post a link in this thread. A judge will then watch the replay and decide a winner.
If you (or your opponent) have a capture card (or any form of HD video camera*), even better! Just upload the replay to YouTube, post a link in this thread and wait for the decision. Don't worry about any fancy editing, just use the normal replay camera with the race information turned off. Of course if you want to do some editing I definitely wont stop you 👍

*If you do use a normal video camera, make sure to use a tripod or stack of books to hold it. Trust me, your hands aren't as steady as you think ;)

The Course
55190733.jpg

Yellow=Required Clipping Point
The course starts at the end of the line that runs along the track towards the pit (the center line leading up to the corner. it ends a bit up the straight from entry into first corner) and ends at the silver timing checkpoint after dunlop.

Here is the battle schedule. If you would like the battle pushed back a week, just PM me and i'll inform your opponent. If that wont work either and you need to completely reschedule your battle, feel free to contact your opponent and organise a time that better suits . If you do that, you must tell me what the new scheduled time is so i can organise a judge.

Round 2 Fixtures Coming Soon!

Schedule
◦Monday 9th January ..................TBC GMT...................-Scheduling begins for Super 16
◦Friday 13th January ...................TBC GMT ...................-First Battle of the Super 16
◦Friday 20th January ...................TBC GMT ....................-Last battle of the Super 16
◦Monday 23rd January .................TBC GMT ....................- Day #1 of final's week
◦Sunday 30th January .................TBC GMT ....................- Final's week concludes with the semi & grand finals occuring in one room. All past competitors are welcome to come and watch, but any sign of lag will lead to kicks.

Last edited:
👍
WHat judge qualifications do you need to be a judge?

Hayd, can I use the same account as Ppls Choice or will I have to make a new one for the site?

EDIT: Turns out I can. Saweet...

Battles already complete
GTDS-PL 8
REPLAY
ABIOTIC91 12

Redsuns-The8th 0 (forfeit due to family issues)
No Replay
toycressy 20

SupraTT1 10, 10, 10, 10, 10: 13
REPLAY
jef118 10, 10, 10, 10, 10: 7

Team-Orange-00 0 (Forfeit due to not making it to battle)
No Replay
Geti01 20

Zero-is-OG 0 (Forfeit due to not making it to battle)
No Replay
Fastfox400 20

KYOKI-Asator 10, 10: 20
Replay Coming
e_dub64 10, 10: 0

LR-L2L-xDriFtZz 20
No Replay
alvin23a 0 (Forfeit due to not making it to battle)

Redsuns-majisto
To be Judged
Stavingo

GTP_Drop5 20
No Replay
usuck163 0 (Forfeit due to not making it to battle)

klevrah 0 (Forfeit due to connection issues)
No Replay
JRKiwibo1 20

Street_King14 12
Replay Coming
GTDS-Maveric 8

monsterGAUZ 9
No Replay
Powellx234 11

duman079
Replay
The_KingB_

Coza427 9
Replay Coming
fcpmarcus 11

OnoMatopeja
Replay
Lerk 84

SAi-66
Replay Coming
zedfonsie

Last edited:
PSN Name:Zero-is-OG
GT Planet name:angleeeee
Drift Team (if applicable):White Smoke Gang
Timezone (GMT): Est
Times most available:anytime

Angleeeee
PSN Name:Zero-is-OG
GT Planet name:angleeeee
Drift Team (if applicable):White Smoke Gang
Timezone (GMT): Est
Times most available:anytime

Registration dont open until tomorrow. Read a bit more lol 👍

Registration dont open until tomorrow. Read a bit more lol 👍

Great to see you participating Spank. Remember last time you saw me on a particular VDC grand valley circuit qualifying session?

PSN Name:GTP_Drop5
GT Planet name: spank_ur_mom
Drift Team (if applicable): Team Drop5
Timezone (GMT): MST -9
Times most available: When I can get on.

PSN ID: Fastfox400
GTPlanet ID: Fasftfox400
Drift Team: Team Drop5
Timezone: EST/GMT-5
Times most available: Whenever.

PSN Name: Street_King14
GT Planet name: Klutchy
Drift Team (if applicable): Team RedSuns
Timezone (GMT): GTM-5
Times most available: every day unless something comes up.

PSN Name: The_KingB_
GT Planet name: The_KingB_
Drift Team (if applicable): Team BURST
Timezone (GMT): GMT +2
Times most available: between 6GMT and 11 GMT

Definitely signing up for this:

PSN/GTP Name: Stavingo
Team Mallala
+10 GMT
Most days and nights.

GTP username: zedfonsie
PSN username: zedfonsie
Timezone: GMT -6
Drift Team: Drop 5
Time most available: on weekends and on weekdays when after school.

PSN Name: jef118
GT Planet name: plorwax
Drift Team (if applicable): Team NEMESIS
Timezone (GMT): -8
Times most available: 2pm-7pm PST

PSN Name: OnoMaToPeja_
GT Planet name: iNs3CuRe
Drift Team (if applicable): Team Drop5
Timezone (GMT): 0
Times most available: most of the time.

PSN Name: Powellx234
GT Planet name: powellx235
Drift Team (if applicable): team BURST
Timezone (GMT): 0
Times most available: mostly evening on weekends.

PSN Name: JRKiwibo1
GT Planet name: jrkiwiboy
Drift Team (if applicable): Team Mallala
Timezone (GMT): GMT +10
Times most available: Various times during day

PSN ID ; LERK84
GTp ID ; LERK84
Drift team; Team BURST
Timezone ; GMT 0
Times available ; unless im sleeping im on gt5

PSN Name: LR-L2L-xDriFtZz
GT Planet name: xDriFtZzinc
Drift Team (if applicable): Drop5
Timezone (GMT): Eastern Standard Time
Times most available: Evenings most days

I like no restrictions because then you have more freedom to do whatever you want. I'm really liking this dino! Time to build a new car!

Back