GT5 H2H Drift Tournament is back! (I'm sorry to say... Cancelled)

• Thread starter Hayden
  • 377 comments
I agree with the judge's decision, and it was a good battle to watch. Well done guys 👍

Hey dino, is there any way we can tell the future brackets? As in, I beat monstergauz, I wanna know who I'm against next, and maybe after that. Spank used google documents and it stayed the same..
I didn't even consider Google Docs as an option, but it's a really good idea! I'll have a quick look at it 👍

is this still going? I noticed many have dropped out, if you need a man still Im keen.

Klevrah has a point, the whole thing seems to have lost hype.

agreed with powell. im just waitin for details on where i need to practice for next & who ive gotta battle as im sure the rest of the ppl still in are.

@iNs3CuRe- Your avatar's are just... nice

is this still going? I noticed many have dropped out, if you need a man still Im keen.

Klevrah has a point, the whole thing seems to have lost hype.
Yep, it's still going. I've been really busy and haen't had a chance to organize the next round. Everybody will know who they're facing within the hour.

Srill waiting on results of last battle.
All the results are in the post below the OP 👍

agreed with powell. im just waitin for details on where i need to practice for next & who ive gotta battle as im sure the rest of the ppl still in are.
Same track as Round #1. Unless of course everybody would like a new one? I'd be happy to change tracks, but i always said the whole tournament would be run on that layout....

Last edited:
Yep, it's still going. I've been really busy and haen't had a chance to organize the next round. Everybody will know who they're facing within the hour.

All the results are in the post below the OP 👍

Good to know the shows still rolling. I understand if things are getting busy.

Actual times of battles still to be decided, here is the battles that are scheduled to happen in round 2. I'll soon have this arranged into a bracket on Google Docs, so you guys can see where it will go from here....

SupraTT1
SupraTT1
N/A
-8 GMT
9AM-10PM

GTP_Drop5
spank_ur_mom
Team Drop5
GMT -9
When I can get on.

Fastfox400
Fasftfox400
Team Drop5
EST/GMT-5
Whenever.

Street_King14
Klutchy
Team RedSuns
GMT-5
every day unless something comes up.

Redsuns-majisto
majisto
Redsuns
gmt -5
Avaible mostly after 8:30 pm

SAi-66
HKSD1
Team BURST with SAIKO^D
GMT -5
Sunday all day

toycressy
k0di
Team NEMESIS
Central/GMT -6
Most Nights

KYOKI-Asator
DriftAsator
KYOKI
GMT -5
Always

LERK84
LERK84
Team BURST
GMT 0
unless im sleeping im on gt5

fcpmarcus
fcpmarcus
Team NEMESIS
Pacific/GMT -8
7pm-Midnight PST most nights

The_KingB_
The_KingB_
Team BURST
GMT +2
between 6GMT and 11 GMT

Geti01
Nismo34
Team Mallala
+10 GMT
Mostly late nights and Very Very early mornings

JRKiwibo1
jrkiwiboy
Team Mallala
GMT +10
Various times during day

ABIOTIC91
hpi91
NEMESIS
Central US
Most evenings, and usually during the day a bit

klevrah
klevrah
WSR
+12 GMT
Anytime

Stavingo
Stavingo
Mallala
+10 GMT
Most Weeknights

(Winner Versus....)

Powellx234
powellx235
team BURST
GMT 0
mostly evening on weekends.

You will notice the absence of LR-L2L-xDriftX, this is because he deided to withdraw from the tournament. As his opponent lost due to a no-show, I decided that either Klevrah or Stavingo deserved the spare spot as it was not there fault but connection issues that caused their first battles to result in a forfeit. Now, since both deserve the spot i'm not sure what to do... I was thinking of running something of a three way battle (drivers 1 & 2 vs, then the winner vs 3 then the loser vs 3. Everybody drifts each other in the normal format and after the battles the judge will pick the most deserving competitor) but i would need to be sure that there opponent, Powell, would be ok with this.

EDIT: Or Stav could vs Klevrah and the winner Vs Powell? That way Powell doesn't need to do more runs then fellow round #1 winners.... Yea, i think that's the fairest option :)

EDIT 2: The bracket is up... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvMK1gLMNX-8dEg3VFV1V1ZQUDNRb0xuNGowWURTc1E
It looks a little messy, but i tried to use the colours to show where the winners will move on to...

Last edited:
You will notice the absence of LR-L2L-xDriftX, this is because he deided to withdraw from the tournament. As his opponent lost due to a no-show, I decided that either Klevrah or Stavingo deserved the spare spot as it was not there fault but connection issues that caused their first battles to result in a forfeit. Now, since both deserve the spot i'm not sure what to do... I was thinking of running something of a three way battle (drivers 1 & 2 vs, then the winner vs 3 then the loser vs 3. Everybody drifts each other in the normal format and after the battles the judge will pick the most deserving competitor) but i would need to be sure that there opponent, Powell, would be ok with this.

Good to see Klevrah is still in with a chance. It was a shame we couldn't battle. To Klevrah, Stavingo and everyone else I bid good luck in round 2

I'm fine with that, but could you make sure it doesn't go too near the deadline so it can give me some time to sort out some times?

Put simply Spank, I ran out of time. I'm embarrased that it happened like this (just like #2) but as i said in this statement on the OP theres a lot of great tournaments going on right now so hopefully you guys won't miss this one too bad...

OK Guys, i sincerely apologise but real life has cut me off from this again. I really appreciate all the effort you guys have put into this, but with all the fantasticly organised events now cranking up around here i hope you can all move on.

D1 Grand Prix Series: Organised by H2H participant Monstergauz, this very well organized and restricted series is just starting up. I'm not sure if there still taking entrants, but it looks great to me
Gtds D1 Style Comps : Competitions held Monday and Friday of each week at 8pm that are open to all. Each competition is held over a single night, with a first come-first served rule and a 12 participant limit
Themed Mini Comps | By Drop5: This one is still being organized, but has an exciting future. Each competition has a new theme choose by participants and it's organized by the legend behind VDC; Spank
GTP Formula Drift Championship : This one is pretty new and based off the real world Formula Drift series in the US. There's still 5 spots open so head over there for some long term drifting.
VDC: What can i say? The big daddy of GTP drifting.... Head over and take a look!

Once again, sorry guys but the climatic peak of my schooling is (to me) more important then continuing to run H2H. I've enjoyed every run i've judged, met some great people and had some fun, so to me H2H was a part success. I feel terrible that, despite all my work, it became a carbon copy of the events of #2, but seeing the amount of comps out there, i'm glad this won't be too big a loss for you guys.

Thanks for the good time, MR D

Sorry fella's :indiff:

Shame to hear you were too busy Mr.D. Thanks for at least telling us the comp was over

Hate to say this but I saw this coming a mile off...
Maybe just don't try to make comps anymore Dino ;)

Yea, I wouldn't mind stepping into a side roll (far) later on but my days of organizing these things personally, are over.

Back