GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
The thought process behind being 'reasonable' does not equate to 'fact'. You can make reasonable judgments to any information. The sound has no flow in this conversation but it demonstrates a 'reasonable' thought process.

Why are people so up their own arses in this forum? It's fine to extrapolate information and talk about it but the way you come across isn't at all nice. Just chill out a bit. You could have done better by saying I disagree because... but you didn't.

Have a conversation about it...don't talk down to people you don't know.

You asked a question about it being reasonable, as in a reasonable thought process, i disagreed with it being reasonable because it was based on no factual information. You chose to get all defensive, i apologise if you found my tone strong, but have you read some of the comments around here recently?

I'll get over it. Just don't assume that new users never played GT before because you think your point is speaking the truth. :indiff:

I was making the point that some people ask silly questions about GT as if they have never played it. Not that all new users have never played GT before. Read and understand and then read again.

3 possible problems
1.Sony wants to win in the holiday season.
2.There are some serious bugs in the final product.
3.KY just wants to make GT5 perfect.

1. They knew that a long time ago.
2. could be
3. unlikely

I think it are production problems, and we will get it very soon and not at the end of December.

Now I have time to complete GT4 and play Fallout New Vegas.:ouch:

My problem is, I don't give a 🤬 about every single other game, they are entertaining me for max two days. Well, I play F1:CE from time to time but that's all.

Seriously people stop moaning so much, would you rather have a potentially buggy incomplete game Nov 2nd or it fully finished in December?
Before any of you say you'd want it buggy & incomplete in Nov still that BS. Take F1 2010 for instance, the amount of moaning that happened due to that game being buggy & in peoples eyes a Beta version of the game was unreal.
PD would not want to have anything like that happen. Yes the fact they announce the delay just weeks before release sucks but we've waited YEARS whats a few more weeks going to matter?

This is the worst birthday in my life, pre-orders will decrease and many will be cancelled, way to go Sony and PD :banghead:
If this delay is worth it I may forgive them :)

I hope Kaz will give us a clear reason for this soon.

'Soon' is probably the most used word on the forum.

He won´t... He always says he want´s more time to work on the game... At some point you must let your child go outside to the world...

Seems like Codemasters and Turn10 are the winners, this will stock up the F1 2010 sales... And maybe FM3 ultimate edition... I´m happy that I bought F1 2010, I thought to wait 3 more weeks to GT5 but for some reason I had a feeling that we won´t get the game... and there it is BAM...

Really dumb ass S*B´s...

He won´t... He always says he want´s more time to work on the game... At some point you must let your child go outside to the world...

Seems like Codemasters and Turn10 are the winners, this will stock up the F1 2010 sales... And maybe FM3 ultimate edition... I´m happy that I bought F1 2010, I thought to wait 3 more weeks to GT5 but for some reason I had a feeling that we won´t get the game... and there it is BAM...

Really dumb ass S*B´s...

And that´s BS

Seriously people stop moaning so much, would you rather have a potentially buggy incomplete game Nov 2nd or it fully finished in December?
Before any of you say you'd want it buggy & incomplete in Nov still that BS. Take F1 2010 for instance, the amount of moaning that happened due to that game being buggy & in peoples eyes a Beta version of the game was unreal.
PD would not want to have anything like that happen. Yes the fact they announce the delay just weeks before release sucks but we've waited YEARS whats a few more weeks going to matter?

If the game has still bugs after 6 years of development, then this 3-4 weeks won`t change much...

I wonder what will be our reaction if GT5 was post-poned till 2011 or ... canceled? Bloody hell, I feel so bad now. I wish I didn't hear this news today :(

U right, but can´t they give us any of these demos, to know what we´re waiting for instead of all these vids out there. It couldn´t be so difficult to throw them on the psn.

I hope Kaz will give us a clear reason for this soon.

'Soon' is probably the most used word on the forum.

Really dumb ass S*B´s...

And that´s BS

If the game has still bugs after 6 years of development, then this 3-4 weeks won`t change much...

You know, I'm shocked. And I'm not.

I'm surprised that they would delay the game (yet again). At this point, I'm guessing it's a matter of PD losing face, in a big way. And possibly losing a lot of money on holiday sales as a result. I'm sure Sony isn't pleased. And that's putting it mildly.

But in retrospect, one thing always struck me a bit odd. We had 3 major shows over the last few months: E3, Gamescom and TGS. I can understand at E3 that they may have still had a lot of work to do. But by Gamescom and certainly by TGS, the game should have been all but completed--especially after so many years of development. And it should have been just a matter of intense testing and working the bugs out. But all we kept seeing was build after build with a few improvements here or there. But no one build that seemed to have truly everything together and in place.

I didn't really question this at the time, because PD is a very secretive company and I figured they're probably just very conservative about what they release and what they're willing to show until the game has gone GM. But now in retrospect, I'm guessing the lack of a (nearly) finished product on display at TGS could very likely have been a clear sign of trouble, that they weren't going to make their deadlines. And I really didn't pick up on it.

If it was just a simple production or distribution issue, I think Sony would have put a number on the delay--1 week, 2 weeks, etc. But to leave it open, smells of desperation.

I suspect that there's been some harsh words between Sony and PD in the last few days. It wouldn't surprised me to learn that PD told Sony they need a few more months and Sony told them they MUST release the game before the end of the year, no matter what. I'm guessing the folks at PD will now be working 24/7 for the next few months. It's probably not a pretty scene there right now.

Last edited:

What about a fully finished game on 2nd November? Is that not an option? +5 years is long enough. Delaying it a couple of times is more than enough.

We will all buy the game no matter how much they will delay it. They know that, and that why we all feel a little passed by sony/pd.

Holiday season, not even an exact date. That is seriously bad news.

It will be 2011 at the earliest, in my book.

Thats whhat bugs me the most, with such a big game like GT and its long developement time the least they could do is give an exact date, right now it feels that they are :censored:embarrassed:ver their fan-base. Am still gonna buy GT5 but the burning desire that i had just days ago is quite slowly diminishing. Bad move Soony/PD 👎👎👎👎👎👎

You know, I'm shocked. And I'm not.

I'm surprised that they would delay the game (yet again). At this point, I'm guessing it's a matter of PD losing face, in a big way. And possibly losing a lot of money on holiday sales as a result. I'm sure Sony isn't pleased. And that's putting it mildly.

But in retrospect, one thing always struck me a bit odd. We had 3 major shows over the last few months: E3, Gamescom and TGS. I can understand at E3 that they may have still had a lot of work to do. But by Gamescom and certainly by TGS, the game should have been all but completed--especially after so many years of development. And it should have been just a matter of intense testing and working the bugs out. But all we kept seeing was build after build with a few improvements here or there. But no one build that seemed to have truly everything together and in place.

I didn't really question this because at the time, because PD is a very secretive company and I figured they're probably just very conservative about what they release and what they're willing to show until the game has gone GM. But now in retrospect, I'm guessing the lack of a (nearly) finished product on display at TGS could very likely have been a clear sign of trouble, that they weren't going to make their deadlines. And I really didn't pick up on it.

If it was just a simple production or distribution issue, I think Sony would have put a number on the delay--1 week, 2 weeks, etc. But to leave it open, smells of desperation.

I suspect that there's been some harsh words between Sony and PD in the last few days. It wouldn't surprised me to learn that PD told Sony they need a few more months and Sony told them they MUST release the game before the end of the year, no matter what. I'm guessing the folks at PD will now be working 24/7 for the next few months. It's probably not a pretty scene there right now.
Polyphony Digital, were they not under Sony, would be out of business, it's as simple as that. It's a horrendously run company. Sure, they have a great vision and want to do the best possible work, but they also don't know when to say enough is enough.I don't think what you're saying is far off and if they have to work 24/7 or they have to bite the bullet and start outsourcing, then so be it. Game should have been finished months ago, this should have been testing phase.

If it's Sony, on the flip side, they're trying to avoid every other major release in October/November, because there's NOTHING in December worth mentioning... there rarely is.

You asked a question about it being reasonable, as in a reasonable thought process, i disagreed with it being reasonable because it was based on no factual information. You chose to get all defensive, i apologise if you found my tone strong, but have you read some of the comments around here recently?
People are allowed to make reasonable judgments because there are no facts. Maybe we shouldn't have any creative thinking about how features will work in GT5 in fear of being persecuted without cause.

Anyways GT5 is delayed...that sucks.

Makes me laugh when they say they've started GT6. Which they have done the karts is one example.
Kaz is a genius. A flawed genius though.
Excellent visionary and designer. Unfortunately his scheduling prowess is terrible. Failures to meet deadlines usually result in a sacking from the board. His past successes have spared him any retribution probably.

If this was his first project, he would be out on his ear now.

I don't buy the Sony's saving it for Christmas theory either.
Guess what guys, people start buying presents in November if not earlier. Especially £150 ones or what ever the most expensive one costs.

I thought this release date was for the 3G tv campaign. Turns out that was a curveball.

I bought a g27 for this. I know I should have known better. Still I'll get some use out of it.

I don't believe it's coming out this year anyhow. In fact I don't believe a word said about GT5.

A free upgrade to the SE edition or at least the CE edition would be a minimal compensation for this kick in the head to us fans!
Aint gonna happen though, I know...

I'm kinda happy, dont have a PS3 yet but my GT5 is pre ordered, so it buys me some time, and who knows what they will be adding with the extra time...fingers crossed livery editor.

Back