GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I'm kinda happy, dont have a PS3 yet but my GT5 is pre ordered, so it buys me some time, and who knows what they will be adding with the extra time...fingers crossed livery editor.

Months behind on schedule. I know I'll add MORE stuff.

F&@"ing fantastic.

Holiday season, not even an exact date. That is seriously bad news.

It will be 2011 at the earliest, in my book.

Not really, the fact that it's still coming this year tells you exactly why it was delayed to begin with. It didn't pass Sony's certification. Which basically means that there's some nasty bug/s in it that need to be cleaned up. It basically means that once it passes they'll be able to announce the final release date and know that they can make it as all that they'll need to do after that is press the discs.

I believe PD have bitten off more than they can chew. When I heard 1000ish cars (back a long time ago), it seemed incedible, but given that's what they were planning, I took it at face value.

I obviously have no idea what goes on in PD, but it just stinks of bad management.

Remeber at the beginning of this year, when the Japan release was delayed, a lot of people blamed Sony PR for the delay. It's clear that this was down to PD's progress. I can only believe this is again PD's failings. There is not point in making a "perfect" game, if you can never finish it.

I don't mind so much they delays, it's the way PD continually string us along, putting the carrot in our faces and whipping it away at the last minute. This is a very poor way to treat your customers. PD must have known for weeks, if not months, that they would not get the game out for the beginning of November.

The lack of hyper-hype was very suspicious, they have known for some time the game would not ship.

The fact that the russian retailers are "not accepting per-orders" also indicates the game is likely not to ship this year. It is pathetic as usual we had to find out through a "rumors" the game would not ship as promised, yet again.

My guess is GT5 will not ship this year, 1st or 2nd quarter 2011 is likely. I am going to cool my temper, wait a few days, but I am likely to cancel my pre-order. When this thing is REAL and at stores I will buy it.

Haha lazania you were right lol

While it's disappointing for some people (aside from it being a great trolling opportunity) personally, I see this good news for me because I don't have too much money atm, now i can save up for the CE edition.

Yep, i'm annoyed, i am sure we all are. But for some reason i am not as angry as i expected to be, like i just knew it was coming. Oh well, but what im skeptical at is that they say "This holiday season" so what? December? anything past December and i will be a very unhappy person :(

Yep, i'm annoyed, i am sure we all are. But for some reason i am not as angry as i expected to be, like i just knew it was coming. Oh well, but what im skeptical at is that they say "This holiday season" so what? December? anything past December and i will be a very unhappy person :(

The Euro blog specifically says that it'll be out before this Christmas.

*Enters thread.*

*Sees game has been delayed.*

*Laughs because of all the people who knew that the Russian site was making stuff up for attention.*

*Leaves thread.*

I'm kinda happy, dont have a PS3 yet but my GT5 is pre ordered, so it buys me some time, and who knows what they will be adding with the extra time...fingers crossed livery editor.

You guys sure are an optimistic lot. :lol: When you're old and cynical like me, you'll probably come to the same conclusion on your own that they likely won't be adding anything. They're trying to make it work with that they have and probably contemplating removing some features that just aren't working, which they'll try to re-engineer into GT6. :irked:

I was making the point that some people ask silly questions about GT as if they have never played it. Not that all new users have never played GT before. Read and understand and then read again.

That nit picking over words. My main concern was that you finished your argument with such a statement. Mainly because Khaddar had a point which clearly indicated that he has some knowledge about the GT series. Unecessary provocation if you ask me but let's move on.

Haha lazania you were right lol

While it's disappointing for some people (aside from it being a great trolling opportunity) personally, I see this good news for me because I don't have too much money atm, now i can save up for the CE edition.

Yeah I'm just waiting for the......
I am glad it's delayed because I don't drive in cockpit view.
I am glad its delayed because I don't want to see penises on another car.
I am glad it's delayed because I don't like November.
Etc etc etc.

You can't be fooling people over and over again like that Sony/PD!!!

I bought a G25 2 years ago for GT5 which wass supposed to come out "soon".
Now the G25 is replaced by the G27, and still no GT5!!!!

I bought a HD tv for my GT5 cockpit, that was before anyone even talked about 3d tv's.
I would rather have a 3d tv if I had to buy today.

So here I am with and old tv and old steering wheel, and still no go**amn GT5!

Point is. Polyphony/Sony, you owe me 2000 dollars!!!!

Oh man GTplanet stole LOADS of my time in the last weeks, it became an addiction really and now this, somehow I have to force myself to stay away from here.

It must be no easy thing to get 1000 cars to work on all tracks, affected by weather systems, crash damage and other elements. Logistically it must be crazy. When it works, it will be worth it. Just hope they can get it out by Christmas.

You guys sure are an optimistic lot. :lol: When you're old and cynical like me, you'll probably come to the same conclusion on your own that they likely won't be adding anything. They're trying to make it work with that they have and probably contemplating removing some features that just aren't working, which they'll try to re-engineer into GT6. :irked:

I am with you in this. It was to good to be tru. Lets hope they skip some things our community don't like and make sure the sound is correct and that we don't have to deal with the GTPSP garage shuffle.

Back