GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I think the race started at 3pm.

That might have been local time in the U.S. Eastern. Not sure when it started there at the show though. I don't think there's day/night transition on the demo though. But I do wonder what the guy's laps are!

You're surprised it was expected? It's a 24-hour endurance race.

Where did I say I was surprised? Given Sony's handling of the demos, I wasn't expecting anything new and I still don't. Again, your the fool for expecting something that wasn't promised.

Where did I say I was surprised? Given Sony's handling of the demos, I wasn't expecting anything new and I still don't. Again, your the fool for expecting something that wasn't promised.

Don't hang on to every word.

Again, it's pretty normal to expect day and night features in a 24 hour race.

Besides, you shouldn't be talking. We both expected something that was promised: the release date. Fool.

Besides, you shouldn't be talking. We both expected something that was promised: the release date. Fool.

lol Touche 👍

A release date is a goal and NOT a promise.

Alright, I think everyone needs to calm down... :lol:

How about some guided relaxation? :sly:
(just a warning, after the 'drop', which if you don't know what that is it should become very evident once you hear it, many of you will probably NOT like the song :lol: )
[YOUTUBEHD]L6BnxR6u9bg[/YOUTUBEHD]

With the exceptions of GT1 & GT2, I typically turned off all the music in games & turned up the car sounds. I would expect GT5 to carry over an option that was in GT4 that allowed you to disable the opening movie, once booting up the game & going straight to the desktop, thus bypassing the opening song. This feature was located in the Options/Misc folder.

Same here. I will watch the intromovie once or maybe twice and then turn it of. I don't care about the ingame music aswell because I directly turn it of. The menu music must be good and more variable.

Hi guys!
Somewhere, I read that Official PlayStation Magazine UK will review GT5 the October 26th. With the last delay, this review will delay, too?

PS: I really hope that GT5 have customizable soundtrack.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that before. I don't remember seeing either the '79 Civic or '78 Mirage show up in the used dealer in my game, were these restricted to the Japanese version for some reason?

Edit: Shant J, I think we share pretty similar tastes in cars. I've been nostalgically looking through that list and looking forward to running some old favourites with new physics - many of my favourites seem to have a comment from 2008 saying "I REALLY hope this makes it into GT5." with your name against it :lol:

Also, I'm not sure I remember the '73 non-rally Lancer appearing on my used car lists either.

Last edited:
Anyone fancy a go at GT5? :)

This is EB Australia, I'll find out which one exactly, but that means the full release is not long after!

went to EB today to buy a ps3 controller, was talking to the guy there ( good mates, know him personally ).

he said they are scheduled to recieve some Gt5 copies on the 13th or there abouts to put on display, as EB here have 6 ps3's setup you can play

edit - Dubbo EB Australia

Last edited:

(just a warning, after the 'drop', which if you don't know what that is it should become very evident once you hear it, many of you will probably NOT like the song :lol: )

You were correct sir! I did not like the the song.
Cool video though...

The drop disappointed me, I had high hopes. But yeah, it was a cool vid. I think I'll put some Dubstep on my custom tracklist.

For few moments I wondered how you actually dance on dubstep -and than I use some Youtube search and my God - it was THE revelation.

And I thought headbanging was ridiculous :lol:

Same here. I will watch the intromovie once or maybe twice and then turn it of. I don't care about the ingame music aswell because I directly turn it of. The menu music must be good and more variable.

Just to add to the mix of intro song comments.
I turn off all movies, museums, music, etc., and that annoying (Prologue) menu tick.
I only want sounds from the race, the car, other cars around me and the crowd.

So for those who don't like it, turn it off, don't complain about it and say PD/Sony has made some huge mistake. It's a song in a video game.

I like MCR for the most part but I could care less what music is in GT1 -5.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that before. I don't remember seeing either the '79 Civic or '78 Mirage show up in the used dealer in my game, were these restricted to the Japanese version for some reason?

Also, I'm not sure I remember the '73 non-rally Lancer appearing on my used car lists either.

You're right is saying the '79 Civic, '78 Mirage and '73 Lancer didn't appear in the used car section of GT4 ( PAL version in my case ), if I remember correctly these cars ( and some other classics as well ) could only be bought 'new' in the dealer section.:)

You're right is saying the '79 Civic, '78 Mirage and '73 Lancer didn't appear in the used car section of GT4 ( PAL version in my case ), if I remember correctly these cars ( and some other classics as well ) could only be bought 'new' in the dealer section.:)

How silly of me. I think I barely looked at the 'new' dealers once I got going in the game, except for those I knew I needed for classics like the Alpine A110 and A310 :dunce:

PS: Am I missing something, or does this forum lack any sort of embarassed/blushing smiley? I'll resist making any further comment on that...

Borgore :D :lol: I'm sorry...couldn't resist, I just love his music 👍

That's the most filthy dub step I've heard in a long time. Doesn't really suite GT though.

It's more gorestep than dubstep really. The artist is Borgore in case you wanted to know, and this is actually one of his more 'normal' tracks. His others get a lot messier than this one. :crazy:

EDIT: Tree'd

PS: Am I missing something, or does this forum lack any sort of embarassed/blushing smiley? I'll resist making any further comment on that...

There's the 'ouch' one (:ouch:) or the 'bang head' (:banghead:) or the 'reply to analog' one ( :bowdown: ). ;)

I've actually got a borgore album on my iTunes but never really listened to it. And as for the gorestep, I'm not that knowledgeable about the genre.. so if a song has that classic wobble and a drop I'll more than likely call it dub step :P

I've actually got a borgore album on my iTunes but never really listened to it. And as for the gorestep, I'm not that knowledgeable about the genre.. so if a song has that classic wobble and a drop I'll more than likely call it dub step :P

Have you checkout Chrispy? He's a good'un.

Back