GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Anything on the Australian show? What's with the 24hour race they're doing there? I think that's a better subject than some lame music we'll hear at the beginning of the game.

Nope, it will be in the contract that GT5 will be sent to you when it is released. GT5 hasn't even been mass produced yet (as far as we know, but its unlikely as if it was...There would be no delay.)

Right. The game itself is finished, but it missed it's mass production date by 3 days which is the reason for the delay. Shouldn't be too much longer before we get a release date. Depends on when Sony can fit it in their production line.

Anything on the Australian show? What's with the 24hour race they're doing there? I think that's a better subject than some lame music we'll hear at the beginning of the game.

Nothing yet, if the race started on time there are 5:30 hours to go...
Since it's morning in Australia we'll probably get videos in the next 12 hours.

I just checked the Turismo Tuesdays site and they've added an extra week. So, now it's 5 weeks instead of 4. And today's video is the old NASCAR video that mentioned that Dale Jr. is the one who told NASCAR to look at Polyphony for a NASCAR game after EA lost their exclusive license.

Correction, the exclusive content, for those who don't know, is a Wallpaper of the SLS AMG from GT5.

Call me old fashioned, but i have no idea how the music from MCR is...
i have never heard of them...
Maybe i have, but wouldn't know it is from them...

Let's just say i am a MCR virgin
Nevertheless, i dont want to check out or listen to any of their previous material.
SO i am going to skip you tube all together, and wait patiently until the game is in my hands...

Only then will i make an idea for myself on whether PD's choices mix well between the intro video and its music...

I will stay a MCR virgin until then ;)

I'm very surprised at the reaction to MCR being the intro song, why do people automatically think that it will be bad?, please, please don't judge a song by the band. Take Slipknot for example, they only do heavy metal, screaming vocals and violent lyrics, then they released Snuff, and that song was slow, acoustic and meaningful, every band can and will do different styles in their music, and MCR is no different.

I believe that PD chose the song for good reason, do you really think they would have it as an intro if it was emo and depressing, seriously.

This is not a new MCR song, but it's not "emo" as they have been labelled, the song has a meaning.

I'm very surprised at the reaction to MCR being the intro song, why do people automatically think that it will be bad?, please, please don't judge a song by the band. Take Slipknot for example, they only do heavy metal, screaming vocals and violent lyrics, then they released Snuff, and that song was slow, acoustic and meaningful, every band can and will do different styles in their music, and MCR is no different.

I believe that PD chose the song for good reason, do you really think they would have it as an intro if it was emo and depressing, seriously.

This is not a new MCR song, but it's not "emo" as they have been labelled, the song has a meaning.

well based on their new song it should be nothing like what they have done before. They are just a band 'cool' people love to hate. I'm sure it will be a great song and suite it perfectly. PD/sony aint gonna mess up something like this

I'm very surprised at the reaction to MCR being the intro song, why do people automatically think that it will be bad?

Because current music trends very rarely stand the test of time.

Plus, this modern "emo screamo" is terrible compared to the 90's metal imo.

In the next 10 days we should be getting a new release date. Its something to look forward to atleast.

The release of the game will be before Nov 22 at least i think...

Now that the song is known... PD can't afford to have everyone listening to it before popping the game in GT5...

That's what i am getting out of all this.

Turismo Tuesday: We are getting an estimated time of release...: Before Thanksgiving.

Every me, and every you, every meeee,
Every me, and every you, every meeee...

I like that song (not the lyrics).

We should wait and listen for ourselves before complaining that much...

The release of the game will be before Nov 22 at least i think...

Now that the song is known... PD can't afford to have everyone listening to it before popping the game in GT5...

That's what i am getting out of all this.

Turismo Tuesday: We are getting an estimated time of release...: Before Thanksgiving.

I sure hope so, however don't get your hopes up, they say they want it our before christmas, so that could be the 24th of Decemeber..... :S But yea instead of thinking about a random release date, lets just think about the release of the release date in the next 10 days, thats something we can actually rely on... unless that gets delayed... :/

NOt a fan of MCR.... but that song DestinyDanny posted is alright, I woudn't mind if something like that was in the intro.

Actually, I don't really care, i'll watch it a handful of times. As long as they include all the cool songs they've used in the various trailers so far on the soundtrack :)

Every me, and every you, every meeee...

I like that song (not the lyrics).

We should wait and listen for ourselves before complaining that much...

Placebo?

besides it being emo or not is not the point..all emo kind of punk bands have the most annoying vocals that just make me cringe everytime I hear them open their mouths. These guys sound exactly like any other mainstream emo band. Even if the lyrics aren't about being sorry, or not being able to take the pressures of life and how unfair life is, their vocals really really REALLY grind my gears. The Japanese one will probably get Soul on Display, that's an all right song, wish they just went with that...sigh good luck europe, I'm pretty sure you'll have it better than NA

Oh and I predict launch date will be announced at the Paris game show.

"because of the continued delays of the highly anticipated Gran Turismo 5, Polyphony has announced that Gran Turismo 6 will be released in November to hold fans over until Gran Turismo 5 comes out."

from n4g forums

"because of the continued delays of the highly anticipated Gran Turismo 5, Polyphony has announced that Gran Turismo 6 will be released in November to hold fans over until Gran Turismo 5 comes out."

from n4g forums

i lol'd at this :lol:
Ain't it the truth? :D

from n4g forums
:dunce:

Someone posted that here a week ago or more. Unless its the same user, they need to get their own material.

Last edited:
Just so Everyone has an idea of how fast the X1 really is....here is a speed up video of suzuka!
[Youtube]T8taSil18Ec[/Youtube]
My head would totally explode if I were driving that fast in real life!:scared::nervous::crazy:

So the next step would be to use one we know AND actualli like..?;)💡

LOL. Yeah, that's impossible. You will never EVER find a song that EVERYONE likes. That's just a fact of life. MCR's latest stuff has been very good. I like the decision.

Back