GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Definitely Monaco. You can see the swimming pool just behind. And the hill leading up the the tunnel in the background.

That part of the track looks wide because it has tarmac run off, but there is a curb just to the left the car has to aim for.

It looks a lot like Monaco, in fact it is Monaco, but look for instance at the sky bridge on the right. It wasn't there last year I was there, and the track is way too wide.

notmonaco.jpg

The thing with that statement for me is to my knowledge that is not an official Sony statement. I may be wrong though.
I thought it was from a 3rd party source.

I've not seen a Gold announcement. Only things said to paint a picture that it's finished.

I even jumped on the hype train last night and there was no stopping me.
I'm getting off next stop.

There is no "It's Gold" announcement from Sony, but it was Sony that mentioned that the game missed it's production date by 3 days. Which implies that it is now finished. And if the new date is the between the 30th of November and the 9th of December, the story of just finding a new production date makes since. If they were still working on the game, we'd probably see a delay until 2011 like TDU2 and several other games. However, a month long delay is more typical of a missed production date. A similar thing happened with Motorstorm Artic Edge whose release date was delayed a couple weeks, which suggests it missed the original production date, but found a new one quickly. GT5 is different 'cause it's on Blu-ray and thus is competing with movies and other PS3 games. And there are a LOT of Ps3 games coming out this year.

It looks a lot like Monaco, in fact it is Monaco, but look for instance at the sky bridge on the right. It wasn't there last year I was there, and the track is way too wide.

Go back to the previous page and check out the link given by Griffith500. Zoom in the picture, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to locate the overpass you circled in red.

Look at the advertising blitz for games like MOH and COD that started MONTHS before the release, then look at what Sony is doing for GT5. If you look at all the pieces, it would be a miracle to have this game in our hands before 1/1/11.

Look at the advertising blitz for games like MOH and COD that started MONTHS before the release, then look at what Sony is doing for GT5. If you look at all the pieces, it would be a miracle to have this game in our hands before 1/1/11.

I live near you.

And I disagree.

Edit: Nice comparison. ^^^

I don't get why you people are still speculating about Monaco...it's in the game and it's pretty much confirmed. You'll get to drive on it when we get it..

Go back to the previous page and check out the link given by Griffith500. Zoom in the picture, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to locate the overpass you circled in red.
Thanks, I missed that link. Now I don't know why I bother visiting foreign cities if I miss everything. Maybe I was looking too much at all the beauties in the pool. :lol:

I think it is that easily, IF the game is finnished. They are simply just not finnished with it, and therefore we wont get a release date again in a couple of months. That's what I think ... :(

I think it japanessed instead of finnished. Regardless, when it's done (not danish), it will the most fun (not funnest).

Cool, but why the disagreement?

Both of your game examples had release dates that were 100% certain, so they can advertise them much earlier. Honestly the release date for GT games is never really 100% certain (we know this) so it's hard to start a marketing compain unless Sony has the final build in their hands and start printing disks.

I think once that has happened, then we'll see the marketing take off.

What if, Sony prints a limited amount of copies, send em out to retailers, and then announce at SEMA on Nov 2nd that the game is already released. Imagine the chaos. Imagine the aftermarket prices. Just a conspiracy.

What if, Sony prints a limited amount of copies, send em out to retailers, and then announce at SEMA on Nov 2nd that the game is already released. Imagine the chaos. Imagine the aftermarket prices. Just a conspiracy.

Well I'll tell you guys when I get my Pre ordered collectors edition then. ;)

The thing with that statement for me is to my knowledge that is not an official Sony statement. I may be wrong though.
I thought it was from a 3rd party source.

I've not seen a Gold announcement. Only things said to paint a picture that it's finished.

I even jumped on the hype train last night and there was no stopping me.
I'm getting off next stop.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=29855
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=267472
Thanks omen.c93

Or Wednesday = SEMA.

why are they announcing a release date for a game at a car show??? SONY JUST GIVE US A DAMN DATE!!!! We've waited 6 years for this gem, it's just a freaking date just give it to us so we can rest easy unless...they don't even know themselves...:crazy:

Y'all know what I just thought of...remember Sebastien Vettels name and national flag being on the X1 he drives, what if hear me out now, our name and selected national flag will be written on our racing cars?

It would work for our R-modded cars but might be conflicting when it comes to official series cars like old rally cars, jgtc\super gt nascar wrc etc..

Even more curious... what happens in regards to that with our B-Spec buddies?

Both of your game examples had release dates that were 100% certain, so they can advertise them much earlier. Honestly the release date for GT games is never really 100% certain (we know this) so it's hard to start a marketing compain unless Sony has the final build in their hands and start printing disks.

I think once that has happened, then we'll see the marketing take off.

Something tells me those two examples didn't have their final, gold copies of code in Sony's hands months in advance when their advertising blitzes started. And considering Kaz gave a "no more delays" comment, I imagine people thought Nov 2 was 100% certain, too.

Back