GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Does anyone besides me notice some new buildings in the background? This seems to tell me that this place might have been remodelled. I even notice a extended grand stand.

This tower is real, front of the Larvotto beach. I like the details on the swimming pool. It's good to see no row of seats on the harbor.

Its only selfish if we weren't going to be paying anything. Your forgetting, we're the consumers and he isn't doing this just out of good will. He has made millions of dollars, and so we expect a certain level of professionalism.

The professionalism on this delay really isn't kaz's fault first off.

Secondly, We are consumers, he has made millions of dollars, He has put 90% of the last few years into GT5 out of good will (I mean, of course you have to get paid for your efforts and you do want to get paid working) But I guess you're forgetting it's his enthusiasm for cars that makes Gran Turismo what it is, You are right, we are paying for him to release a product. How the product is upon it release you wont be disappointed. This game is well worth your 60 dollars, if you don't think so, then you don't appreciate the effort that has went on in this game.

If you can look at these list of game features

https://www.gtplanet.net/tuned-car-trades-snow-ruts-more-in-gt5-magazine-features/#comments

and

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95734

and

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-tgs-2010-breakout-session-full-details/

and know you are getting 1000 cars, and everything that can possibly go with it like the weather sync and everything else this game offers, and you can still be mad, well that's you I guess. But you can't blame kaz for this delay, he puts his soul into making GT an "experience" be pissed at PD or sony if you want too for the delay, he actually had a nice release date going, they screwed it up. Kaz as a developer is genius and to be honest he's very caring about his community, if he wasn't we wouldn't have the features we do in Gran Turismo and it would just end up another silly arcade racer like NFS/Grid/Burnout.

Just like the old saying goes, if you don't like the food on the table, don't eat.

Last edited:
It wouldn't have hurt to have updated people at the end of the month as stated.
Even if only to say we still don't know. Maybe some might feel they are listening to there core fanbase.
Just some good PR.

I trust just my eye's !when I see my hand's put GT5-BR into my ps3 then I will believe PD and Sony:)

Well then, you're 🤬 out of luck if some lunatic decides to stab you in the eyes.

People have every right to be angry with him, PD and especially Sony. This game has been pushed back with one delay after another, Kas and Sony keep making promises and comments that never come true and only leave fans with less trust in them than before. If your OK with waiting for ever for a product, than that is ok, but I'm not, and so aren't millions of others.
Also, comparing him to other developers isn't good unless you also compare his career earnings. He makes boat loads off of royalties and salaries, so its all relative.

Actually only 1 delay in the US/EU.

Sony is the majority of blame if anything.

That's what I hate, people are ready to hate or lose "distrust". WHAT? after everything that this company has Produced for you.(PD)

The only Promise that I KNOW will happen(and that I'm worried about) is that this game will be a much greater racing game/experience then any racing games out.

The only comparison I need towards other developers, is that his work is consistently the BEST at what it is. Sometimes it seems people seem to forget that, with the statements being made.

EDIT
Thanks CRXFReak001 for putting in the details of what I was trying to say. :) 👍

Last edited:
I love the infamous "we can release this game anytime we want" back 09. Great for laughs.

everybody always forgets the second half of that quote (presumably because it destroys the joke when read in context.)

“I want to release it as fast as I can, but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it’s at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it. It’s very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/we-can-release-gran-turismo-5-whenever-we-want/

Even if only to say we still don't know. Maybe some might feel they are listening to there core fanbase.
Just some good PR.
Yeah, it's not hard to post some info on Sony/PD site or blog, hell, even twitter (which i don't like and don't use, but still) would've been ok.
It's that hard to write something like: " yes, we are trying our best, when we will have the release date, we will post it on official GT site".
Done, that's it, not hard, but fans would've been happy.

And now i feel, like Sony/PD don't care about GT fans at all.
"We can delay it's as much as we want, we will lie countless times, because we know, u still buy this damn game whatever we'll do."
Sad, but it's really like that now.

Yeah, it's not hard to post some info on Sony/PD site or blog, hell, even twitter (which i don't like and don't use, but still) would've been ok.
It's that hard to write something like: " yes, we are trying our best, when we will have the release date, we will post it on official GT site".
Done, that's it, not hard, but fans would've been happy.

And now i feel, like Sony/PD don't care about GT fans at all.
"We can delay it's as much as we want, we will lie countless times, because we know, u still buy this damn game whatever we'll do."
Sad, but it's really like that now.

Sounds like a childish statement.

It's ALL UP TO SONY when to allow the release date. NOT PD.

The professionalism on this delay really isn't kaz's fault first off.

Secondly, We are consumers, he has made millions of dollars, He has put 90% of the last few years into GT5 out of good will (I mean, of course you have to get paid for your efforts and you do want to get paid working) But I guess you're forgetting it's his enthusiasm for cars that makes Gran Turismo what it is, You are right, we are paying for him to release a product. How the product is upon it release you wont be disappointed. This game is well worth your 60 dollars, if you don't think so, then you don't appreciate the effort that has went on in this game.

If you can look at these list of game features

https://www.gtplanet.net/tuned-car-trades-snow-ruts-more-in-gt5-magazine-features/#comments

and

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95734

and

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-tgs-2010-breakout-session-full-details/

and know you are getting 1000 cars, and everything that can possibly go with it like the weather sync and everything else this game offers, and you can still be mad, well that's you I guess. But you can't blame kaz for this delay, he puts his soul into making GT an "experience" be pissed at PD or sony if you want too for the delay, he actually had a nice release date going, they screwed it up. Kaz as a developer is genius and to be honest he's very caring about his community, if he wasn't we wouldn't have the features we do in Gran Turismo and it would just end up another silly arcade racer like NFS/Grid/Burnout.

Just like the old saying goes, if you don't like the food on the table, don't eat.

I understand most of your points but the problem is, there is no food on the table. And we do not know when we will get the food. It is hard to keep trust on someone if they tell you they will have the product for you on Nov.2 and then they don't and they don't even tell you when to expect it. So with your example, they are telling us to sit at the table and wait, for who knows how long, for some food.

So erm, what's most people's take on the 3rd Of December and the 8th of Decemeber release dates? I don't want to trust them just yet, but would I be right in saying that the 8th of December release is the most reliable release date we have?

I understand most of your points but the problem is, there is no food on the table. And we do not know when we will get the food. It is hard to keep trust on someone if they tell you they will have the product for you on Nov.2 and then they don't and they don't even tell you when to expect it. So with your example, they are telling us to sit at the table and wait, for who knows how long, for some food.

Be damned sure it will be the BEST food you've ever eaten :P

Sounds like a childish statement.

It's ALL UP TO SONY when to allow the release date. NOT PD.

This is true, provided the game is FINISHED. I don't see this many issues with any other Sony title. Kaz and the PD team may be brilliant, but they sure don't seem to have a clue on when enough is enough.

Sony wants this game out for all the obvious reasons, including the fact that the PS4 has to be on the horizon. Sony will most definitely want to have GT6 READY by the time it ships the new console.

Either way, Sony and PD have little credibility left in my book.

This is true, provided the game is FINISHED. I don't see this many issues with any other Sony title. Kaz and the PD team may be brilliant, but they sure don't seem to have a clue on when enough is enough.

Sony wants this game out for all the obvious reasons, including the fact that the PS4 has to be on the horizon. Sony will most definitely want to have GT6 READY by the time it ships the new console.

Either way, Sony and PD have little credibility left in my book.

Come on, PS4 is nowhere near the horizon, and GT6 will be a a PS3 title. After like the first 2 years of the PS3's life were spent in the red, and now they have started making money on the console, they will just a release a new one? No way. Plus sony has often stated they plan to keep a 10 year life cycle for the PS3. Then again, they have a hard time keeping promises, so you might be right.

Just some good PR.

That's one thing I remember leading up to... "the other game"'s release; they posted batches of screens for certain classes of cars, or certain makes, and things like that. It was an interesting way to keep in touch with the community and let them know what's going on. It looks good on a company if they relay a lot of info to the fans, even when it is bad news. I'm sure if we were being kept abreast of the development cycle (or at least, more so than now), there'd be less anger and confusion over the delay.

everybody always forgets the second half of that quote (presumably because it destroys the joke when read in context.)

What, that they can always keep working on it? That just plays into a whole other joke; any racing game can be indefinitely worked upon further. The fact PD doesn't know when to call it quits isn't necessarily a good thing; it could mean we'd never actually get the game.

Yeah... if it's finished...

Reports from the PGS by french people are mentioned that the graphics are not really excellent (lot of aliasing) on madrid track for example, most of them are very disapointed... Mmmmmm

Mom's cooking is always better than the stuff fast food joints shove out every year.

Wait, what? ;)

My Mum, god bless. Had my food ready on time and indeed it was better than Mcburger chain.

@Happy where did you read them reports matey. Thanks.

Reports from the PGS by french people are mentioned that the graphics are not really excellent (lot of aliasing) on madrid track for example, most of them are very disapointed... Mmmmmm
@Happy where did you read them reports matey. Thanks.
I'd like to know as well. There's many areas that people would complain about, but I didn't think PD's graphics would be one?

I'll be checking DigiExpo show here in Finland next weekend November 5th - 7th, its confirmed that man furismo jive will be playable there, Im curious to see what build they have, maybe the final ? I see if I can get any vids.

I'll be checking DigiExpo show here in Finland next weekend November 5th - 7th, its confirmed that man furismo jive will be playable there, Im curious to see what build they have, maybe the final ? I see if I can get any vids.

I have been told that they're expecting newer build for there than what was on Expert Expo and WRC Rally event 👍 So hopefully at least the build with the weather effects?

Back