GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Yeah however, they will always have the upper hand, they make the game, If they say it will be here by the end of Christmas, then that's what we should logically go by.

They said march 2010 in Japan. They said Nov2nd-5th worldwide. Logic would say that we should not go by anything they say and just be happy when the game finally drops. If I make up a random date it'll have more credibility than anything sony says.

Hmm in an interview in (early) 2009, Kaz also laughed about an 2010 release for GT5... He said we have not to wait that long lol...

It was in October 2008 and Kaz didn't laugh at a 2010 release, he laughed at a release 2 years from the time of interview/discussion (so Oct 2010) which we have still passed anyway. :indiff:

Personally I am starting to really doubt we will see it this year.

Talking about the X1,it's a brilliant car, with interesting observations:
Firstly, if you look at this picture in this file (a still taken from this Youtube Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxMEOO4a_E),you'll notice the G-force bar. Now the G-Force measurement has gone off the scale and,realistically,not many people can resist that (i'm guessing that's about 8G+).
View attachment 73967

I'm also predicting that,in order for this car to go around the corners quickly and accurately,that it wears out the tyres faster than an F1 or LeMans Car,which is a potential drawback.

Besides that,like I said before,it's a great car.
Another thing,how much woud it cost? (i'm guessing about 8-10 million credits)

I reckon it will have to be won.. maybe through an endurance race or something.

They said march 2010 in Japan. They said Nov2nd-5th worldwide. Logic would say that we should not go by anything they say and just be happy when the game finally drops. If I make up a random date it'll have more credibility than anything sony says.

Fine, its fair enough, I agree when it comes down to it, Sony and PD have not kept their word with release dates, but if it was any other publisher, I would definitely go by what they say.

I'll personally be buying GT5 and Duke Nukem Forever in a 2 pack at walgreens in the year 3157 and I'll play the games at my house on the moon. My pet unicorn will play 2nd player and all 20,000 cars will be hybrids.

Firstly, if you look at this picture in this file (a still taken from this Youtube Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxMEOO4a_E),you'll notice the G-force bar. Now the G-Force measurement has gone off the scale and,realistically,not many people can resist that (i'm guessing that's about 8G+).
View attachment 73967

I'm also predicting that,in order for this car to go around the corners quickly and accurately,that it wears out the tyres faster than an F1 or LeMans Car,which is a potential drawback.

It could have bespoke tyres with a different compound to any other tyre in the game for better longevity.

I'm guessing E32011, or TGS 2011..either way we will get two trailers leading up to Q1 2012,

sarcasm.<-- Might want to highlight.

View attachment 73967

It's exactly 8.25G (you can find the X1 Downforce spec here: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d14918.html). That's the limit of what human body can take. I'm pretty sure just like what Michelin did for Bugatti Veryon SS (design tires that could handle the weight and the speed of 252mph and good enough for daily use), there would have to be a specifically designed tires for the X1. Of course, it's all hypothetical but it's great to know that the design is based entirely on real world physics.

x1downforce_imagea.jpg

It's exactly 8.25G (you can find the X1 Downforce spec here: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d14918.html). That's the limit of what human body can take. I'm pretty sure just like what Michelin did for Bugatti Veryon SS (design tires that could handle the weight and the speed of 252mph and good enough for daily use), there would have to be a specifically designed tires for the X1. Of course, it's all hypothetical but it's great to know that the design is based entirely on real world physics.

x1downforce_imagea.jpg

Yeah I remember that article...
I also remeber hearing about those tyres when James May took the Veyron SS to 417 Km/h. He said beforehand about the tyres ",ones that cost 20,000 pounds a set."

View attachment 73967

If I recall, pilots experiance that much all the time.

Not sure why everyone seems so quick to make such a assessment without taking into consideration the possibility of those tires being specially made for that car alone.

I would say something in the league of the F1 cars, maybe five times as much. Going off of how each individual part on an F1 is already a hefty price and assuming the X1 would be about the same if it existed, the maths could suggest something astronomical.

Usually when someone mentions Sony and their "lies", it reffers to the release dates.

So I'm denial for something I still don't recall? Again, I question your point and now the fact that your pinning "denial" on me if I'm denying what I don't know just further confuses me, especially since I don't recall denying anything.

Usually people shouldn't assume things about other comments when no statements prove your assumption. We all know what "ass u me" means.

Yeah, you're in denial about Sony/PD lying about statements made in regards to GT5, hence the reason you commented on what I said to begin with. Sorry to get your panties in a bunch, but I didn't think it'd be an issue because I hear you like thongs. :dopey: Assuming, of course.

If I recall, pilots experiance that much all the time.

Exactly. That's why the car that holds the World Land Speed Record was driven by a pilot (Andy Green). They can resist a lot of G's.

Not sure why everyone seems so quick to make such a assessment without taking into consideration the possibility of those tires being specially made for that car alone.

You're probably right about the possibility of special tyres in-game.

I would say something in the league of the F1 cars, maybe five times as much. Going off of how each individual part on an F1 is already a hefty price and assuming the X1 would be about the same if it existed, the maths could suggest something astronomical.

Or, as i've said, we could win it after 100% game completion. We just don't know...

Usually people shouldn't assume things about other comments when no statements prove your assumption. We all know what "ass u me" means.

So I guess you haven't seen other posts that say this? Plenty of them on youtube and the front news pages, but fine. Perhaps I was abit overboard on that assumption.

Yeah, you're in denial about Sony/PD lying about statements made in regards to GT5, hence the reason you commented on what I said to begin with.

I ask a question and all you give me is a apparent psychoanalysis on how I'm in denial just because again, I don't really see how or where we've been "lied" to. How am I in denial for something I don't see?

Sorry to get your panties in a bunch, but I didn't think it'd be an issue because I hear you like thongs. :dopey: Assuming, of course.

So because I'm asking a question about something I don't get, I've got my panties in a bunch? Was that really necessary just to remind me about making assumptions when you already did? Honestly, you're confusing more then you are making sense. Perhaps you could just answer my simple question instead?

Last edited:
For all you trolls & naysayers that say GT5 is not coming this year (GET OUT) GT5 is coming this year, reason why? cause Polyphony Digital has never done so much updating to their site to advertise GT just have a look at how much news we have gotten in the past couple of days (Besides The New Release Date) but it's coming and so is GT5 THIS YEAR.
995079459.png

Last edited:
For all you trolls that say GT5 is not coming thiss year (GET OUT) GT5 is coming this year, reason why? cause Polyphony Digital has never done so much updating to their site to advertise GT just have a look at how much news we have gotten in the past couple of days (Besides The New Release Date) but it's coming and so is GT5 THIS YEAR.
995079459.png

While I think GT5 will come out this year, all that news was probably ready for the Nov 2nd release anyways. Thats why when you download the Schick theme, it says Nov 2nd when mention GT5's release date.

For all you trolls & naysayers that say GT5 is not coming this year (GET OUT) GT5 is coming this year...
Get out of what? You make it seem as if we're invading your house. If you want to stay positive, by all means do! It's not that serious. Haven't you caught on to everyones sarcasm only based on PD's previous records of delays. It's an open forum, dude. :cool:

:lol: @ Scope72 v

an Anti G suit will allow you to sustain more gs. Those Red Bull flyers pull 10gs throughout most of the course and their old guys

G-suits help for vertical G forces, G-forces parallel to the spine. It will not help much for horizontal G-Forces. But our physiology can handle higher horizontal G-forces for longer, so G-suits may not be needed. :)

Get out of what? You make it seem as if we're invading your house. If you want to stay positive, by all means do! It's not that serious, haven't you caught on to everyones sarcasm only based on PD's previous records of delays. It's an open forum. :cool:

Haven't you caught on to everyone's sarcasm?

I think he meant that for future products. As for GT5, they need to disclose and keep us in the loop.

As for GT6, they just need to shut up and say nothing until "when it's done." Or, like Slippy said, engage, engage, engage! with the fans. Either way would work if Sony would keep PD on a tighter leash.
Also, Kaz needs to take a public relations course and maybe see a shrink for his OCD and delusions of grandeur.

Hell, SONY needs to take a public relations course. Two of them, preferably.

I dunno... Sony and GT5 are getting an awful lot of coverage. It's like free advertising. Now they just need people to burn an effigies of Kaz in cities across the world, and the game will be guaranteed to sell 20 million copies.

Yeah, you're in denial about Sony/PD lying about statements made in regards to GT5, hence the reason you commented on what I said to begin with. Sorry to get your panties in a bunch, but I didn't think it'd be an issue because I hear you like thongs. :dopey: Assuming, of course.

I'm not saying that you're wrong or right, but shouldn't you quote those lies instead of plowing over RACECAR with insults?

Last edited:
Back