GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Here's what I think should happen.

I don't care when this game comes out, granted the sooner the better of course. But, I am willing to wait. However, for the good of GT5, PD, AND Sony, I think everyone related to the project should just stop talking. Every time they open their mouths, they spew out lies. If they wouldn't say anything, they wouldn't disappoint. Kaz should stop tweeting, they shouldn't do any more press releases, etc...

When the game is ready to come out, give us a quietly told release date, and let the thing come out. I'm just sick of reading so many contradictory statements by everyone involved with the project.

"I run it, I take my beautiful Citroen Concept car, I choose Madrid, and same impression as my brother : Damn ! This is ugly !

Seriously I cant understand why they are releasing a simulation with same graphic standard as a 2 years old racing games.

I just watched a video report on JV.com showing the amazing content in the game, well, it's nice ! But I'm not a big fan of racing games anymore and if the graphics performance are not here, then, I dont buy it.

Speed sensation is absolutely not here...

Blablablablabla

I hope Polyphony will shut up my mouth this holyday."

"Gt5 was avalable and I can confirm, not ugly but a lot of aliasing et absolutely no speed sensation."

http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/JeuxVideo/Consoles/unik-just-start-sujet_84756_5466.htm

I don't get it either they set 1 release date and announced that the game would be delayed a few weeks and I see people talking like they already delayed it 40 times and each of those times was a promise from PD and Sony when in fact none of them were.

"I run it, I take my beautiful Citroen Concept car, I choose Madrid, and same impression as my brother : Damn ! This is ugly !
Seriously I cant understand why they are releasing a simulation with same graphic standard as a 2 years old racing games.
I just watched a video report on JV.com showing the amazing content in the game, well, it's nice ! But I'm not a big fan of racing games anymore and if the graphics performance are not here, then, I dont buy it.
Blablablablabla
"Gt5 was avalable and I can confirm, not ugly but a lot of aliasing et absolutely no speed sensation."
http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/JeuxVideo/Consoles/unik-just-start-sujet_84756_5466.htm

Well, that's his opinion. I mean, when Assassin's Creed 2 was released, I've seen similar comments about "unimpressive graphics". Concerning the feeling of speed, perhaps the guys was happy with the blurry-shaking motion of NFS:Shift (which I personally dislike), I don't know.
I mean, if the guy has poor tastes, that's his problem.

"I run it, I take my beautiful Citroen
Concept car, I choose Madrid, and same impression as my brother : Damn ! This is ugly !
Seriously I cant understand why they are releasing a simulation with same graphic standard as a 2 years old racing game.*
I just watched a video report on
JV.com showing the amazing content in the game, well, it's nice ! But I'm
not a big fan of racing games anymore and if the graphics performance are not here, then, I dont buy it.
Blablablablabla
I hope Polyphony will shut up my mouth this holyday.""Gt5 was avalable and I can confirm, not ugly but a lot of aliasing et absolutely no speed sensation."

Yea wrong. I've played the the BB demo. Aliasing was there but, I'm assuming due to crappy TVS.

But THERE IS A SENSATION of speed!, and that's coming from someone who prefers Shifts cockpit view to GT:P(disliked the speed feeling).

BUT, after playing the demo I'm sold. :) I especially felt the speed more so in braking as it feels the car shakes under heavy breaking and you feel a slight loss in control but control at the same time, and that was with a controller, I can't wait for the wheel :).

I don't get it either they set 1 release date and announced that the game would be delayed a few weeks and I see people talking like they already delayed it 40 times and each of those times was a promise from PD and Sony when in fact none of them were.

The Western markets only got the November release dates, but there has been a litany of missed windows for 4 years, according to this article from the spring.

E3 2006: Gran Turismo 5 first unveiled

December 2008: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's James Armstrong reveals that the game will be out in time for Christmas 2009.

June 2009: Spiking increasing rumors of a delay, Gran Turismo chief Kazunori Yamauchi says: "I want to release it as fast as I can, but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it's at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it. It's very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail."

August 2009: A Gamescom pamphlet for Gran Turismo 5 indicates a Q4 2009 release.

September 2009: A month later, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan announces a Japanese release date for the game: March 2010. No Western release date is announced. Meanwhile, the official magazine of the Tokyo Game Show indicates that Gran Turismo 5 is apparently 65% complete.

November 2009: Yamauchi tells Autoweek that Sony will release Gran Turismo 5 "in March in Japan but for other regions, it has not been decided yet." He then points to marketing decisions made by Sony Computer Entertainment America as the reason for the delay of a Western release.

December 2009:
One month on, SCEA's Chris Hinojosa-Miranda told Destructoid that the Western release would be around the upcoming summer.

January 2010:
Sony kicks off the year with another delay. Gran Turismo 5 moves from a March 2010 release in Japan to "TBA". The release date will be announced soon, says Sony.

May 2010:
March has long gone. No release date yet announced in Japan. Series creator Kazunori Yamauchi reveals that the game is now 90% complete – seven months after the TGS magazine disclosed it as 65% complete. By that rate, it should be out soon – hmm? Right? Right?

Don't count on it.

These are pretty much from the same people who said:
"expect a release date announcement by the end of the month" (sic)
"this holiday" (sic)
"Wait a little longer." -KY

Blablablablabla

Who said that????!!!!

New thread idea: One constantly-updated list of people's bets/wagers related to GT5. I remember someone swearing on their house that all cars would have cockpit view... and now airjoker88 is offering half of his baby-creating team.

New thread idea: One constantly-updated list of people's bets/wagers related to GT5. I remember someone swearing on their house that all cars would have cockpit view... and now airjoker88 is offering half of his baby-creating team.

Hah, maybe I should put up my car and my rat terrier.

Last edited:
Here's what I think should happen.

I don't care when this game comes out, granted the sooner the better of course. But, I am willing to wait. However, for the good of GT5, PD, AND Sony, I think everyone related to the project should just stop talking. Every time they open their mouths, they spew out lies. If they wouldn't say anything, they wouldn't disappoint. Kaz should stop tweeting, they shouldn't do any more press releases, etc...

When the game is ready to come out, give us a quietly told release date, and let the thing come out. I'm just sick of reading so many contradictory statements by everyone involved with the project.

Isn't this also why people mad? Also, lies? Really? I remember given dates, but I don't how they lied. So if I were to schedule an appointment with you for say June 24th, but cancelled it because something came up, then have I lied?

Come on, PS4 is nowhere near the horizon, and GT6 will be a a PS3 title. After like the first 2 years of the PS3's life were spent in the red, and now they have started making money on the console, they will just a release a new one? No way. Plus sony has often stated they plan to keep a 10 year life cycle for the PS3. Then again, they have a hard time keeping promises, so you might be right.

By "horizon" I mean it can not be more than 2-3 years away. Again, even if 3-4 years, you can bet Sony is already pressing PD hard not to have the GT5 fiasco all over again.

Isn't this also why people mad?

I personally think it's just that their current PR model is broken. Either take a page from Blizzard and keep mum on almost all details until it's 100% certain that the game's going to be released, or take the opposite approach; get down on the community's level and immerse yourself in it, interacting with them and sharing behind-the-scenes info and development progress at regular intervals.

By "horizon" I mean it can not be more than 2-3 years away. Again, even if 3-4 years, you can bet Sony is already pressing PD hard not to have the GT5 fiasco all over again.

Except this fiasco isn't even a first-time situation; PD did the same thing with the PS2 with GT2000. Talk of a launch (or near-launch) title, using HD (comparatively) models from GT2. Fast forward to the whole GTHD thing (and GT5's Standards, which seem to hold onto the original plan of GTHD), and it's deja vu all over again. Whenever PS4 does rear it's head, I imagine we'll get something quite similar...

Isn't this also why people mad?

I think he meant that for future products. As for GT5, they need to disclose and keep us in the loop.

As for GT6, they just need to shut up and say nothing until "when it's done." Or, like Slippy said, engage, engage, engage! with the fans. Either way would work if Sony would keep PD on a tighter leash.
Also, Kaz needs to take a public relations course and maybe see a shrink for his OCD and delusions of grandeur.

Hell, SONY needs to take a public relations course. Two of them, preferably.

I know this is a worthless post, but you have to admit it was pretty funny that a russian site out of nowhere posts about a delay, tons of people here discount it and make fun of the guy posting it.

A few weeks later here we are

absolutely_nothing_road_sign_lg.jpg

Replace miles with pages for a still very conservative estimate......

I know this is a worthless post, but you have to admit it was pretty funny that a russian site out of nowhere posts about a delay, tons of people here discount it and make fun of the guy posting it.

A few weeks later here we are

But the same would apply if they present a release date. Alway verify then trust. :sly:

Isn't this also why people mad? Also, lies? Really? I remember given dates, but I don't how they lied. So if I were to schedule an appointment with you for say June 24th, but cancelled it because something came up, then have I lied?

I didn't say anything about them lying about dates specifically, did I? Nope. Maybe you assumed I was talking about release dates because you know subconsciously that it's not that far off base...but it does go way beyond release dates.

If you are denying any lies from Sony and/or PD, you are in complete denial.

The Western markets only got the November release dates, but there has been a litany of missed windows for 4 years, according to this article from the spring.

These are pretty much from the same people who said:
"expect a release date announcement by the end of the month" (sic)
"this holiday" (sic)
"Wait a little longer." -KY

I trully believe at this point that the release date could be xmas 2011.

No joke.

I hope i´m wrong, but at this point, there are no crazy assumptions.

Doesn´t make sense?

If this process were to make sense, then GT5 should come out before thanksgiving, or at least before xmas.

If it doesn´t come out on those two dates, then xmas 2011 is a strong possibility.

I trully believe at this point that the release date could be xmas 2011.

No joke.

I hope i´m wrong, but at this point, there are no crazy assumptions.

Doesn´t make sense?

If this process were to make sense, then GT5 should come out before thanksgiving, or at least before xmas.

If it doesn´t come out on those two dates, then xmas 2011 is a strong possibility.

So what Sony will just skip all of 2011? Christmas 2011 is not a strong possibility at all.

Back