GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Thats a demo though.

If it can happen in the demo it can happen in the game. The demo (at the stage that footage was taken) is the exact same code as the final game minus all the content such as cars, tracks, race modes etc. It's not as if they are going to omit a bit of code for the demo that prevents the track from disappearing..

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my feeling on things anyway

Everyone assumes the game is finished and that it's piracy that caused the delay.. But how on earth would Kaz allow the game out with bugs such as this happening...

Maybe the 3rd special event is a lawn mower race... and this isn't a bug but a super special feature!:lol:

kenjones3.jpg

In the US ad campaigns don't start until a week (possibly two) before a game is released. Activision still isn't running any Black Ops ads even though it'll release in a little over a week. There are GameStop BO ads though, but those aren't part of Activision's actual ad campaign, those are just for GameStop to advertise their exclusive content.

But in Japan they did start a TV campaign in the middle of September. That's when the We Love Cars campaign started. They filmed the full commercial in the middle of October though.

or if youre selling Halo games you spend $1billion on advertising, then play those ads for 3 mins every 3 mins on all major channels... then marvel at the amount of sales you make.
I really do think if I had as much money as Halo has to advertise I could sell my turds to everyone.

The fact GT5 has so many pre orders with really a bunch of toy cars being pushed down a childs slide is brilliant haha

But I've not seen a single poster (apart from game shops saying pre order it now) or tv ad for GT5 so I dunno what that means. I mean in the UK you hardly see a PS3 ad on tv.

Uk does have PS3 ads. Fifa11, god of war, modnation racers. Never head of schick though.
As for tourism Tuesdays that's hardly a global campaign. I wouldnt have heard of it if it wasn't for this place. Apparently it doesn't update everyweek either.

Uk does have PS3 ads. Fifa11, god of war, modnation racers. Never head of schick though.
As for tourism Tuesdays that's hardly a global campaign. I wouldnt have heard of it if it wasn't for this place. Apparently it doesn't update everyweek either.

You hardly ever see them though... and Fifa is really multiplatform. But you have to admit the PS3 ads are few and far between when compaired to say Wii and Xbox360.

But as for the cool promotions you mentioned that only seem to be in the US, it does suck that we dont seem to get the same cool things.

If it can happen in the demo it can happen in the game. The demo (at the stage that footage was taken) is the exact same code as the final game minus all the content such as cars, tracks, race modes etc. It's not as if they are going to omit a bit of code for the demo that prevents the track from disappearing..

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my feeling on things anyway

That's from the E3 demo. I didn't see that texture streaming issue in the TGS or gamescom demo nor did I read about anyone having that issue. It seems like they got it cleaned up before those two events.

That's the first time I've heard anyone saying that pre-launch gameshow demo has exact same code as a final game which is released many months later.

That's the first time I've heard anyone saying that pre-launch gameshow demo has exact same code as a final game which is released many months later.

Yeah that's the GT Planet, we have other views on game development than people on Earth :lol:

Why? He said there has been a lot of improvement, but they can work on it to make it better. Whats wrong with that?
Yes he did but let's wait to see(listen) this improvement but trust me KING personally I don't expect huge improvement and sadly the engine sounds will be one step maybe two under the graphic level:tdown:

Last edited:
Who is planning to go to Vegas for the SEMA show?

It's closed to the general public and you actually have to be approved to attend.

From their FAQ:
Do I need to qualify to attend?
Yes. If you are not in the system as being approved to attend previously, you will be asked to answer a series of questions during the registration process that will be used to determine if you qualify. If the answers are not sufficient to determine whether you qualify, you may be asked to produce additional qualifying documents. You will be notified by e-mail that your registration has been approved and confirmed, or that you have been "pended" and further qualification may be required. It may take10-15 business days before you are approved.

not even playstation logo at top and sides xD

To be fair games that have sleeves like this do not need logos on the actual plastic case so that is not a reason to cal fake.

Obviously it is not the actual game, there is no disc there but they may have got their hands on the packaging.

Everyone assumes the game is finished and that it's piracy that caused the delay.. But how on earth would Kaz allow the game out with bugs such as this happening...

That's not a bug, it's a simple disk read failure. An identical thing happens to scratched copies of Forza 3.

Problem is, sony is quickly running out of time to release it this year. I'm worried where it fall next year.

Sony already have 3 major games lined up for Q1 next year. LittleBig Planet 2 and Killzone 3 are just as big releases for the general public as GT5. LBP 2, has already been delayed once, and will not be delayed again. And Killzone is a AAA title. They might shift the game back if possible.

Then theres Mass effect 2, a xbox exclusive , now on ps3, so a lot of time and effort will go into the release of this.

And this isn't even counting Dead Space 2, the original a sleeper hit, and will sell well.

It needs to be soon sony.!

(And Final fantasy 14 is due late Q1 ....)

So, assuming that the packaging there is real, which i think it is, could they work in a factory that puts the disc's and cases together?

Because if the boxes are all ready, then surely they must have been expecting the disc's to be ready as well. So HOPEFULLY not as long of a wait for the full game as some people are thinking.

That's not a bug, it's a simple disk read failure. An identical thing happens to scratched copies of Forza 3.
It could also be a memory leak. I have saw this happen in a few games once the system runs low on memory in which case restarting the system makes it go away for a while and then it will come back again.

Don't know about the scratched disk idea but Forza 3 did ship with this type of bug in the code on Lemans track which was later corrected via update. I encountered it 3 or 4 times while playing and in my case I was playing from HD rather than the disk.

Next announcement's going to be something like "Due to a security breach in our cellophane making factory, we've not been able to wrap all the game cases securely. Please wait another few months until we get this sorted out. Sorry for the delays."

OR..

In Soviet Russia, game release you.

Nice packaging, but you know, if there was a GT5 disc in there... I would HUNT HIM DOWN! :mischievous:

Translator?

Last edited:
On dutch forums people talk about having seen GT5 covers in the stores, but no disk's.
They asked the shop employee about it and he said they only received the covers???

bull or?

Latest Posts

Back