GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Perhaps a picture of said cases in that store would suffice?

zod
You really don't need to post it in every thread in the GT5 section :lol:
Would have been enough to post it in the fan-made videos thread, nice video nonetheless.

Yeah I didn't need to, but I did it anyway :D Thanks also

Here in Holland when you buy a game in the store , you give the cover to the pay desk lady and they put in the disk and any additional books or instruction manuals. The get the disk out of a big tray. So it could possible be true that the covers are done , but the disk's aren't ready. Which could confirm the rumor about the disk printing problem at the factory. On Monday , I will go by the local game shop and ask them about it.

Here in Holland when you buy a game in the store , you give the cover to the pay desk lady and they put in the disk and any additional books or instruction manuals. The get the disk out of a big tray. So it could possible be true that the covers are done , but the disk's aren't ready. Which could confirm the rumor about the disk printing problem at the factory. On Monday , I will go by the local game shop and ask them about it.
Again, no.

It's a simple pre-order box. Tons of games have them. Usually depends on the store if you get one or not.

If you look at the card he's handling you can see two dates: 11/03/2010 and 12/01/2010. Maybe it suggests a december 1st release date?

That's not a bug, it's a simple disk read failure. An identical thing happens to scratched copies of Forza 3.
I'd still call it a bug. A good computer program verifies that it reads data correctly (e.g. by using a CRC) and if not, then it re-reads the data.

I know this questions probably been asked but...

Since ANY car is GT PSP can be transferred into GT5, that confirms that all 800 or so cars in GT PSP will be in GT5, right?????????????????????????

thanks for your time!👍

Is he molesting the game cover after takes the wrapping off? :lol:

But those covers are only on display when you can buy the actual product, it's only done that way to prevent shoplifting.
They don't first ship the package to put on display and send the discs later.

And I don't quite grasp the concept of pre-order packages to be honest if these indeed get distributed, what's the point of having 2 covers and 1 game?
Seems a waste of resources to me frankly and pointless too but then again that makes it more likely I guess.

Analog there are pre order boxes for various games out in the Uk too.
Normally only a front cover and nothing on the back.

It's sad that the only Gran Turismo 5 merchandise we can buy is an empty game box. Retailers are exploiting people's desire to own GT5. 🤬 you Sony.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad that the only Gran Turismo 5 merchandise we can buy is an empty game box. Retailers are exploiting people's desire to own GT5. 🤬 you Sony.

The phrase empty promises, spring to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I know they are to prevent shoplifting. But as you say , why would they send the package before the game ? So I think this confirms that it is a production problem. So they scheduled to ship the game and the covers but only could ship the cover. Most retailers have the game in few days before the release date.

Analog there are pre order boxes for various games out in the Uk too.
Normally only a front cover and nothing on the back.

If this was a pre order box, there would be no need for the inserts. It wouldn't be hard to put cellophane on a ready to go box.

It's sad that the only Gran Turismo 5 merchandise we can buy is an empty game box. Retailers are exploiting people's desire to own GT5. Fu** you Sony.

Ok wait, so you're giving the middle finger to Sony because retailers are taking advantage, like they do with everything else? :confused:

Ok wait, so you're giving the middle finger to Sony because retailers are taking advantage, like they do with everything else? :confused:

Retailers would not have be taking advantage right now if we had been given a timely release date. If gamers knew that the game would be "planned" to be released before Christmas, less people would feel compelled to buy an empty box.

This preorder pack must be soled by some illegal retailers that sell pirated games. In Russia there lots of people that would not lose their chance to make money on such things. I do speak russian and the kid says that he is very dissapointed that the disk wasn't there but he liked the poster and the post cards :) he bought it for 199 rubles which make less than 5 euros. well, i wouldn't want to be in his place, i do not want unpack the GT5 box which has no disk in it, so i guess i will be waiting for the official release.

Every so often I find a game that is sold that way. I did a preorder from Best Buy on Forza 2 a few years ago & they gave me a empty game case with the full sleeve that had some minor exceptions such as 'Pre-Order labled on it & exclusive offer printed on it for a downloadable car. I guess it's to make you feel that you have something tangible beyond a receipt.

I'd still call it a bug. A good computer program verifies that it reads data correctly (e.g. by using a CRC) and if not, then it re-reads the data.

You loose data if there is an physical issue with the disk, CRC just tells you there is something wrong with the data. So, unless you have redundant data on disk it will cause issues. There is just no way around it.

You loose data if there is an physical issue with the disk, CRC just tells you there is something wrong with the data. So, unless you have redundant data on disk it will cause issues. There is just no way around it.

You don't really think that those demo builds (including the one with the glitch) are on seperate discs? I'm pretty sure that they are fully digital.

Off-topic, but my school seems to have a professor named "K. Yamauchi." I was wondering where he went . . .

Screenshot2010-10-30at84327AM.png

:dopey:

Back