GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,820,650 views
Same, and I have yet to begin with studying, it's going nowhere

Same here, I start studying for 5 minutes and then I suddenly find myself drifting towards the PC and logging onto GTP.:dunce:

Horribble time for all this breaking news to come out
 
Someone needs to post a vid of how the headtracking works. I want to see the guy's head moving in relation to the game. Then I'll decide if buying a playstation eye is worth it.



Very old video, but this is one in relation to your head.
 
Absolutely stunning!!!! I'm thinking the track looks a little wider aswell? Anyone else notice or should I be going to Specsavers?!
 
Wait wait wait!!! Im not finding that vid??? Missed it. Rain going wrong? WTF

I'm guessing that part of the A-pillar is visible through the window. What you're seeing is a dynamic texture projected onto the window's 2D geometry, so it will look a bit flat when the edge of the geometry (i.e. inside the A-pillar) is also visible.


So, we can't hear the rain - can anyone hear the wind and tyres? They're surely not missing too, so it's obviously due to the recording (which was taken barely above the noise floor).


I'm really impressed by the overcast lighting; very, very well done.
 
Damn, driving that thing on the rain seems to be utterly hard! And how about the visibility? Holy Crap!

For some, its the realism they wanted and you can only do it in the Premium cars. You can change the view to what ever you like.
 
I still cannot understand !!!

This is Rumored to be released on the 27 of nov.? That's less then 3 weeks ..!
No official word... no word of U.S copy's being shipped.

No ads with release date on any SONY official sites.....

So you mean to tell me that SONY will wait till "D" day , and release a bunch of ads on magazines and tv.... with one week to go.... Something is not right with this Rumored NOv 27 date.
 


Very old video, but this is one in relation to your head.


Head tracking is completley pointless (as you can see in the video, the guy switches it off within 5 seconds), because the screen does not move so what you end up doing is moving your head but have to keep your eyes looking straight.

If you have some sort of AV-glasses that allow you to input a PS3 feed then it would be great or maybe you can weld your monitor to your head and keep the ps eye infront of you that work too.
 
One of the things that I really like is the lost of traction when the drive made strong accelerations... really nice!

Bring it on! It's ready!
 
Game looks almost perfect to me and the frame rates seem good and consistant .. im happy with what ive seen just need that release date .. soooo frustrating
 
I still cannot understand !!!

This is Rumored to be released on the 27 of nov.? That's less then 3 weeks ..!
No official word... no word of U.S copy's being shipped.

No ads with release date on any SONY official sites.....

So you mean to tell me that SONY will wait till "D" day , and release a bunch of ads on magazines and tv.... with one week to go.... Something is not right with this Rumored NOv 27 date.

All signs point to GT5 not coming out soon. I don't care at all about these videos. I want a release date.

356281786.gif
 
Just noticed at the end that race was in a field of 12 cars.
 
I still cannot understand !!!

This is Rumored to be released on the 27 of nov.? That's less then 3 weeks ..!
No official word... no word of U.S copy's being shipped.

No ads with release date on any SONY official sites.....

So you mean to tell me that SONY will wait till "D" day , and release a bunch of ads on magazines and tv.... with one week to go.... Something is not right with this Rumored NOv 27 date.

Maybe they want to be 100% sure this time ...this includes producing the blu-rays, shipping them, distributing them to the retailers. 3 weeks would be enough for a huge marketing campaign IMO.
 


This is all we have so far.



There's the same minor bug like in the rain video. You can see the snow in the left window looks like it's inside if you watch bottom side of the window. But it's ok for me.
 
Man, it's impossible to try to keep up with this thread. Just flipped through and nothing definitive it seems.

Well, I splurged today and picked up COD-Black Ops. I should be good for a bit. It seems though that GT5 will be coming out REALLY close to need for speed. In which case I'll bypass NFS until it hits the bargain bins next year :P
 
Yeah but the damage is still minor.

It's hard to let someone drive off a cliff and not insinuate their death.

Yeah you right, better to have strong tape.
 
There's the same minor bug like in the rain video. You can see the snow in the left window looks like it's inside if you watch bottom side of the window. But it's ok for me.
Rain and snow effects are probably just a sort of dynamic video being played with the window as screen.
 

That is just sexy did you hear the S2000 when the Zonda crept up on it, I don't care what anybody says about GT's sounds, that sounded great.
 
BTW, a driving sim with 1000 cars but without Porsche can't be perfect. ;)[/QUOTE]

👍
 
Head tracking is completley pointless (as you can see in the video, the guy switches it off within 5 seconds), because the screen does not move so what you end up doing is moving your head but have to keep your eyes looking straight.

If you have some sort of AV-glasses that allow you to input a PS3 feed then it would be great or maybe you can weld your monitor to your head and keep the ps eye infront of you that work too.

It's not that bad. I suppose you'd become used to it after a while. It's like reading this text and turing your head left and right, you can still read it.
 
Can anyone confirm the final Anti Aliasing method used and if the earlier builds tearing has been eliminated?
 
I dont think that this question has been answered BUT , do cars in GT5 have an odometer like we had in GT4????
Now since there is the oil change option, i assume yes... but it would be very realistic if the oil change interval would be different for cars like an Audi A3 compared to lets say the Pagani.
I just hope the odometer isnt like in NFS Shift, hope its like GT4


Chris
 
There's the same minor bug like in the rain video. You can see the snow in the left window looks like it's inside if you watch bottom side of the window. But it's ok for me.

I think it's falling on the "window ledge" on the outside of the car and not inside. It looks fine to me.
 
zod
Maybe they want to be 100% sure this time ...this includes producing the blu-rays, shipping them, distributing them to the retailers. 3 weeks would be enough for a huge marketing campaign IMO.

well in the case of the latest rumour being true, they are a week behind with their marketing.

then again, i wouldnt be surprised if Sony delayed their advertising campaign.



Actua;lly after seeing the REAL X1, thats probably what the game was delayed for in the first place, so they could build it in time for the launch party!

i bloody hope not lol.
 
Back