GT5 Latest News & Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
  • 10,817,422 views
Except for the latest Japanese show video 👍 (Time trial?), I have only seen Arcade Mode video's from the leaked GT5 copy's.
Don't know if i'm only speaking for myself, but in GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4 and GT5P I never touched arcade mode, but went straight for the Simulation mode. The few times I tried arcade it was a bleeeerghhhh......:yuck: feeling and went straight back to simulation.
Arcade was so different(strange) with a wheel, never looked back. Maybe it's beter suited for the controller?

Even with the online races in GT5P, I've only raced the Professional modes, because the cars are behaving so different in Easy and Medium. It felt not right.
 
@firehuntah, I think the problem is the people who don't care about premium or standard cars. They are like "oh look, there's way more Japanese cars than European or American cars, this isn't fair!" even though most of the Japanese cars are just carried over from GT4 and are standard, while a lot (all of the Ferraris) of the Euro cars are premium.

People need to realise that a lot more time and effort has gone into the European cars, even though there's less of them!
 
I really don't get why people are complaining about the carlist. We've already known it for a while that we would get around 200 premium cars (which are mostly the newly added cars). All these cars take around 6 months each to model completely with interior. How can you expect every car that you like to be in the game? The other 800 standard cars are only added in to give us some more variation and are from older GT games, so ofcourse there won't be many new cars.

Also see many people complaining about how many Nissan Skyline's etc. are in the game, most of them are standard. You should be looking at the premium cars and you'd see that they're actually thinking more about European and American cars (you're not seeing all these Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and others?).

I'm very happy with the carlist myself. Sure, I would've liked it if certain cars made it in or if they made certain cars premium instead of standard. But it doesn't really bother me much since there's still so many other cars to choose from.

Only thing I'm disappointed in at the moment is the amount of original GT tracks included in GT5. Missing a lot of them, but this list might not be final so I'll wait till I have the game myself before I'll judge.

Cant agree more 👍
And many complaining before they even played retail copy of the game LOL
You must be blind or have no clue about racing games,if you cant see that those videos clearly show ARCADE mode,and yet,many are blind enough and stupid enough to say game missing some features while they didnt played it even LOL
How on earth its possible to say bad things about game,when it was not yet released?Oh,videos..sorry,but those videos absolute rubbish..
Some people must move from this forum to forza forum me thinks LOL :dopey:
I cant be more happy with car list.
There is no doubt that many more cars and tracks will appear during proper GT gameplay,also all those physics and other stuff..
I finished GT4 maybe 7 times,and every time i was surprised..Kaz wouldnt just say - you will be surprised.
For me personaly - all those videos kinda promo,advertising.I i was player,who already have GT5,i will deffo 100% post proper GT gameplay,not ARCADE gameplay..
Would like to see all biggest moaners back here on 24th,after they have at least 1% of game progress ;)
 
@firehuntah, I think the problem is the people who don't care about premium or standard cars. They are like "oh look, there's way more Japanese cars than European or American cars, this isn't fair!" even though most of the Japanese cars are just carried over from GT4 and are standard, while a lot (all of the Ferraris) of the Euro cars are premium.

People need to realise that a lot more time and effort has gone into the European cars, even though there's less of them!

This times 1000. 👍
 
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/gran-turismo-5-signature-edition
The GT logo in the signature edition appears to be white/bright, compared to the leaked copy which has a slightly darker greyish colour.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132225
Could the leaked copy be an early copy which doesn't have all the tracks, cars, final damage etc?

No. Sony do not print lots of early, unfinished copies for no reason. The full track list has been announced. If there are any surprises, I'm sure they will be waiting near the end of the game, but to think this is an "early copy" without all the tracks is clutching at straws.
 
Looking forward to driving the honda insight in cockpit view. It's probably the only car in the game I drive in real life so it will be funny to take it on a race track.
Aside from that, the hype in me hasn't died one tiny bit. I think the car list is great and even though I wish they had included the seattle, el capitan, paris and new york tracks I'm sure the game will keep me busy for a lonnnng time. I'm just hoping they will release them as DLC sometime next year.
 
Just seen the release dates for Aus and NZ, think yourselves lucky, it is highly likely the UK will have to wait til the 26th.
 
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/gran-turismo-5-signature-edition
The GT logo in the signature edition appears to be white/bright, compared to the leaked copy which has a slightly darker greyish colour.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132225
Could the leaked copy be an early copy which doesn't have all the tracks, cars, final damage etc?

Of course leaked copy can have less stuff,but i still think that just what we see in videos is pure arcade - no proper simulation game mode involved at all,what will be GT Life.
Personally - i am not worried at all about so called "missing stuff" - GT games never give all the best from beginning.I just cant see why so many complaining so much :drool:
This is actually with every game - either is nfs,call of duty,forza - any game - always somebody complain and moaning,always somebody not happy..
One game developer i really trust - Polyphony and Kaz - they never dissapointed me and i am sure that GT5 will be just amazing game.
All moaners should just play that arcade sim called forza and pay monthly fee for 10 cars LOL;
 
No. Sony do not print lots of early, unfinished copies for no reason. The full track list has been announced. If there are any surprises, I'm sure they will be waiting near the end of the game, but to think this is an "early copy" without all the tracks is clutching at straws.

I remember Kaz saying that GT5 will have "a lot of surprises just like all GT games", so there is a chance that we will get some features without announcement - maybe even tracks.
 
http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/gran-turismo-5-signature-edition
The GT logo in the signature edition appears to be white/bright, compared to the leaked copy which has a slightly darker greyish colour.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132225
Could the leaked copy be an early copy which doesn't have all the tracks, cars, final damage etc?

Maybe the earlier pic just hadn't been finalized... or it could be regional differences, that leaked photo has a PEGI rating which isn't on the other.
 
Just seen the release dates for Aus and NZ, think yourselves lucky, it is highly likely the UK will have to wait til the 26th.

No, i think the UK is getting the game on the 24th, which will be the same time Aus/NZ get the game on the 25th, (due to the time zones and all that)

Edit: Gone to watch F1, back in ... a little while. :)
 
Just seen the release dates for Aus and NZ, think yourselves lucky, it is highly likely the UK will have to wait til the 26th.
I'd say you guys will be getting it on the 24th. It's really a worldwide release date when you put time timezones into consideration
 
our games come out on a friday, which is the 26th, we are always last, lol
 
our games come out on a friday, which is the 26th, we are always last, lol

If it's a worldwide release then we get it on whichever day Sony wants us to get it. I dunno if you noticed but we got GTA IV on a Tuesday 'cause that was worldwide.
 
zod
I remember Kaz saying that GT5 will have "a lot of surprises just like all GT games", so there is a chance that we will get some features without announcement - maybe even tracks.

This is true! We'll probably never guess what those surprises are.
 
This is true! We'll probably never guess what those surprises are.

To most people the biggest suprises will be not to be able to drive in cockpit view in 800 cars:P
 
Maybe that's what the surprises are, they've left the lists incomplete on purpose so they don't spoil too much for us. :D
 
No F1 spoilers in other threads
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Now if only someone could tell me the main typeface used for the logo my life would be complete.

Gran Turismo looks like "Helvetica Neue Cond Heavy Obl"

accept for the R, its a bit different.


the real driving simulator looks allot like "Range Gothic Bold"


great website for that:
http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

but the tekst is altered, they compressed it so it's hard to say what type it is exactly.
 
If it's a worldwide release then we get it on whichever day Sony wants us to get it. I dunno if you noticed but we got GTA IV on a Tuesday 'cause that was worldwide.

I really hope you're right
 
I am one of those (fools?) who believe these "Checz guys" are part of a planned stunt act by Sony/PD. Even the cencorship thing was part of this clever deception. There may be a great positive surprise coming.
 
I am one of those (fools?) who believe these "Checz guys" are part of a planned stunt act by Sony/PD. Even the cencorship thing was part of this clever deception. There may be a great positive surprise coming.

Dont think so
 
I am one of those (fools?) who believe these "Checz guys" are part of a planned stunt act by Sony/PD. Even the cencorship thing was part of this clever deception. There may be a great positive surprise coming.

I love how peoples are still grasping at straws, what we've seen now is all we'll get.
 
Hey there, I commented on the news podt but was at flagship EB Games store in Sydney CBD earlier today and the store crew there where 110% on Thursday 25th from 0830 onwards for pick up for my SE preorder.
 
I love how peoples are still grasping at straws, what we've seen now is all we'll get.

LOL,just LOL :sly:
Same people like you said that release date will be 2011 👎
Keep trolling - but don forget to come back here on 24th and also post word SORRY (preferably in very big letters) after you start playing GT mode,not arcade..
Cant believe how many dumb people visit this site LOL

As for that kid,who posted that no cockpit view in standart cars..well...Dumb and Dumber movie should explain all :lol:
 
zod
I remember Kaz saying that GT5 will have "a lot of surprises just like all GT games", so there is a chance that we will get some features without announcement - maybe even tracks.

I don't think there'll be any surprises. And if there are any, they would be announced in the coming week, not left as a surprise for when we get the game.
I doesn't make sense for a company to not publicise good aspects of a product.
It is great to keep believing there are many more great things about the game, and that the car list is not disappointing, etc. But as a company that wants to sell such product, the tendency is to show people everything good there is to know about it and hide the bad aspects.
So, yeah, no surprises, I'd say...
 
Back