GT5 License's

  • Thread starter Thread starter ST-2
  • 59 comments
  • 7,873 views
Messages
301
Messages
N24_VANTAGE
Messages
X what?
What do you think GT5's License tests will be like? Do you think we will have as many this time around? And are they something you enjoy doing, or do you see them as a nessesary evil?
 
Hard. Less. Some were just stupid hard but they did make me a better driver, well until GT5 came out, which made GT4 seem like NFSPS. I think if they have weather they should have all sorts of special conditions tests.
 
Hard. Less. Some were just stupid hard but they did make me a better driver, well until GT5 came out, which made GT4 seem like NFSPS. I think if they have weather they should have all sorts of special conditions tests.

aka skid pan?
 
yeah. but stuff like driving around a high speed sweeper in the rain with a high hp and not sliding. It would be nice if they had a drifting license system that thought you how to drift. They should also have a video for proper online edict. (people would still be idiots)
 
yeah. but stuff like driving around a high speed sweeper in the rain with a high hp and not sliding. It would be nice if they had a drifting license system that thought you how to drift. They should also have a video for proper online edict. (people would still be idiots)

yeah, you cant teach people not to punt... or proper use of the brake and distance control either lol
 
I love em, I hope they have as many in GT5 as they did GT4.
 
I also love the driving licenses from starting off simple then going really advanced it's so fun and you learn alot and I hope they have loads again and it takes along time to complete.
 
Last edited:
For me, they are the real fun of gran turismo.

Or maybe they were, as online adds much more possibilities.
 
For me, they are the real fun of gran turismo.

Or maybe they were, as online adds much more possibilities.

quote in every words you wrote..
 
No way you could have GT without the test,or the driving missions. That is the real fun of GT going through all the levels of license test. And quite honestly I really look forward to a whole set of virgin test when GT5 comes out. :dopey:
I will probably sit there for a good 20 hours or so at first just doing them 1 after another.
 
Licenses are good, but I'd like to see the races compulsory as you go.
I mean, I would go through every test and take a bronze, silver or gold and move on, come back later for all the golds.
Well if you had to go and do the races for each license, and acquire 3rd, 2nd or 1st, before you compete at the next level of licensing.
Basically the same format for the races as the licenses.
Therefore making the game last longer,and be a more accurate display of ones ability.
 
I want my Skyline GT-R at Trial Montain from Monkey-turn to Shade Straight.

I want 20 licences per class. No, I want 30 of them. And I want at least 7 classes - A, B, International A, International B, International Racing, S-Class and Rally. And maybe even special class with only Track Skill - let's call it International-T.

And I want to gold be hard-as-hell, as it was in the first Gran Turismo. I want that geting all gold gives you something and that golding the licences becomes counted towards overall game completition.

I want 100 Missions.

Thank you PD, you're great guys there.
 
I like license-tests, and specially that you need 'hardest license', that you can go to Online Expert-events. License tests should also simulate real racing... not the way like in Prologue, that you need to pass 15 cars in one lap etc etc. What kids learn about that kind of tests?

I hate that those licenses aint related to your PSN ID, so that you could not download them all from net... you just needed to do your homeworks before going to race in Online Expert-level. I think it would make Expert-events better, when some guys with bad manners could not enter to there.

Maybe licences could be like trophys. I dont know much about those, but I think you cant 'download' them from anywhere?
 
I don't see licenses as evil at all. This is part of what drew me to the GT series. Licenses weed out the posers. I had this NFS fan tell me that he didn't like GT because of that.
 
I thing the are awesome in gt 5 all the other gt had them and thats so kool
 
Absolutely. GT without license tests is like Gran Turismo without...a Nisssan Skyline GT-R. But then again, I can really do without the starting and stopping tests.
 
I liked having the licence tests in the GT series and especially GT4's tests. They challenged me and it was good feeling getting that gold. :sly:
 
I wonder if anyone knows this but Kaz said it in his own words"We will not be putting liscence tests in GT5" I hated those tests. I really only made it to the S liscense in GT4 and couldnt bother after that. Besides i always got bronzes.
 
Unless you can provide a direct source for that I'm going to have to pass it off as false. I've read a lot of interviews with Kaz regarding GT5:P and GT5 and not once can I recall seeing him mention "not... putting license tests in GT5". It's something I'd expect to have noticed. So either myself and everyone else who posts new information on here has missed it as it's not been mentioned on here before, or that's been dug out of someones rear orifice and ended up being passed to yourself as fact.
 
Trial Mountain GT-R BNR32 is an absolute must, its been in too many to miss out... and like someone stated above, weather conditions tests would be awesome.
 
Yup i remembered that test. I remember it in GT1 and in GT4 as well. and some others.
 
Unless you can provide a direct source for that I'm going to have to pass it off as false. I've read a lot of interviews with Kaz regarding GT5:P and GT5 and not once can I recall seeing him mention "not... putting license tests in GT5". It's something I'd expect to have noticed. So either myself and everyone else who posts new information on here has missed it as it's not been mentioned on here before, or that's been dug out of someones rear orifice and ended up being passed to yourself as fact.


Yep never heard that before either, only thing similar is KY saying GT5P is more like a mini GT than many license type tests that GT4P was.


Rear orifice.
 
Whatever PD do, I hope they scratch the "Coffee Break" tests. I know they were supposed to be a fun, relaxing challenge, but for me they were the most stressful part of the game because they were simply so boring. I could only ever complete them at low speed, and they had to be done if you wanted to advance in the game because you couldn't get a licence without them.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I say forget coffee breaks.
I didn't think you need to do the coffee break to complete the licenses.
I have all races available to compete in and all 80 gold.
I found them so annoying, so I only got a few done......... I think.(I will check and get back with this)
 
License tests 👍

Driving missions 👎

If we have to wait 90 seconds for each session again, they will have FAILED GT5 completely imo, its 2009 now people, quit being lazy!

Jerome
 
License tests 👍

Driving missions 👎

If we have to wait 90 seconds for each session again, they will have FAILED GT5 completely imo, its 2009 now people, quit being lazy!

Jerome

I have to admit. The driving missions on gt4 where you had to wait sometimes up to 90 seconds, was very annoying. if you dont pass them first time then you have to sit and wait all over again. Why could they just have the cars starting from different parts of the track?
 
yeah. but stuff like driving around a high speed sweeper in the rain with a high hp and not sliding. It would be nice if they had a drifting license system that thought you how to drift. They should also have a video for proper online edict. (people would still be idiots)
They have to implement some sort of system for drifting......Maybe tanner foust in front seat step by step teaching you how to counter steer and give more throttle
I want my Skyline GT-R at Trial Montain from Monkey-turn to Shade Straight.

I want 20 licences per class. No, I want 30 of them. And I want at least 7 classes - A, B, International A, International B, International Racing, S-Class and Rally. And maybe even special class with only Track Skill - let's call it International-T.

And I want to gold be hard-as-hell, as it was in the first Gran Turismo. I want that geting all gold gives you something and that golding the licences becomes counted towards overall game completition.

I want 100 Missions.

Thank you PD, you're great guys there.

+2.....especially on certain tracks you cant race online because you dot have the license for it.........
 
Whatever PD do, I hope they scratch the "Coffee Break" tests. I know they were supposed to be a fun, relaxing challenge, but for me they were the most stressful part of the game because they were simply so boring. I could only ever complete them at low speed, and they had to be done if you wanted to advance in the game because you couldn't get a licence without them.

What version did you play, because I did none of the Coffee Break tests and it let me though each class without trouble.

*Off-Topic*

I saw this thread and I just had to make this comment;

Do any of you guys notice that GT is the only racing/driving sim in the last two generations of gaming consoles that demands you to take license tests?

Forza don't have 'em

Entushia didn't have 'em

there's one more I'm forgetting, but I know that that didn't have license tests, either.

doesn't that seem kind of odd to you hardcore racing fans, or is it just me?:odd::odd:
 
Although they're a staple to the GT series, I find license tests pretty pointless personally nowadays. I realize their original purpose was to teach the player proper racing techniques, but after playing for 10 years, I think I know how to control the throttle in a turn, how to hit the apex, and how to avoid little orange cones. :(
 
One thing that must be brought back are Rally licenses. It was kinda pointless to not have them in the last game because you could do rallies from A license onwards. As for Driving Missions...put more in, and have some of the hardest up to S-License, maybe some rally scenarios that require a rally license.
 
Back