GT5 Master Car List (NOT a wishlist - Please read first post)

• Thread starter The359
  • 4,770 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I may have come across some more cars that might end up in GTHD (or at the very least, GT5).

This news item is on the Gran Turismo Japan website:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/detail.do?article_id=369

The link points to the Motor Sports Japan 2006 Festival in Odaiba:
http://www.motorsport-japan.com/index.html

This even, as you'll notice, is sponsered by Gran Turismo. You'll also notice a lot of cars from previous Gran Turismos are actually at this event:
Honda NSX JGTC
Honda NSX GT2
Nissan Fairlady Z JGTC
Nissan Skyline GT-R JGTC
Nissan R92CP
Nissan R390 GT1
Nissan Skyline GT-R (KPGC-10)
Toyota 7
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600GSR Rally Car
Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid
Subaru Impreza Rally Car
Mazda 787B
McLaren MP4/4-Honda
Lotus 100T-Honda
Williams FW-11 Honda

Some notable cars on the list that I think we could possible see in GTHD if PD did in fact test some of these cars:
Toyota Celica Rally Car (ST165, 1990)
Toyota TS010
Toyota R85V
Suzuki Swift 1600 Rally Car
Nissan R381
Nissan R382
Mazda 767B
Honda RA301 (F1)
Honda F107 (F3)
Dallara FN06 (F.Nippon)
Lola T97-51 (F.Nippon)
Courage LC70-Mugen (JLMC)
Zytek 05S (JLMC)
Ferrari 550-GTS Maranello (JLMC)
C-West Advan Fairlady Z (JGTC)

etc...

Are we counting everything that we’ve seen related to GT that’s of a Premium level of detail—for example the Nissan GTR Concept and AMG SL55 in the various GT Concept introduction movies, the same for the Ford GT LM Spec–II Race Car in GT4’s. You may also think about including the ‘02 Ford GT LM Race Car because of…

The image dates back to TGS 2003, with the infamous GT LM pitstop movie, the red pit crew is a clear giveaway.

gt4_10.jpg

This image appeared on the back of the GT4 Special Preview Booklet and the GT4 Official Guidebook ~BASIC MASTER~.

GT4’s box art featured a Ford GT (some people are yet to notice…), coincidentally it was the background of the main interface (I presume this was CG)—one also appeared again in the e3 2006 GT HD demo’s menu’s root.

polyphony_vette.jpg

From this very recent tour of the Polyphony Digital offices.

Ruliweb’s footage of the e3 2006 GTHD demonstration during the Sony press conference references the ‘05 LMPs as Playstation Audi R8 Team Oreca and Playstation Pescarolo C60/Judd.

10oa0.jpg

09ve1.jpg

GTHD Classic is in essence a port of GT4’s content, would it be wise to acknowledge the vehicles from GT3, GTC and GT4P that never made it into GT4 and those that were added and removed between the various versions?

GTHD Classic is in essence a port of GT4’s content, would it be wise to acknowledge the vehicles from GT3, GTC and GT4P that never made it into GT4?
Heh, perhaps the missing vehicles are set to return, but to be frank, I have limited interest in non-premium inclusions (aside from the three 2005 vehicles), as we can expect most of them and they are of course readily available in PS2 form. In my view the premium (future GT5) models ought to be our point of focus, and should thus be separated on the list from the old PS2 based filler that will be scrapped down the line. Matt, what are your thoughts on a Premium list followed by the Classics? Incidentally, the prem EVO IV is in need of an asterisk.

So that's a likely possibility then? My understanding/hope is that as they are rendered, a large porportion of the cars from GT4 will be made premium mode cars. However, if we're getting all these cars in GT HD and can use them in GT5, then what does that mean GT5 will add that won't already be in GT HD Premium? I see how all the little pieces work, but not how they fit together!
With luck, if not GT HD, perhaps GT5, the Ferrari license can be used to include some oldskool cool like 308s, F40s and whatever. GT has always focused on the heritage of Japanese cars, if they can focus on the older models from other manufacturers that'd be great. Still, before I rant more, I suppose I ought to be off to the wishlist thread...

The press release said 770 cars in GTHD, with 30 being in GTHD Premium.

GT4 had ~720 cars, meaning that even if the 30 Premium cars are all new (which we know they aren't), we can expect at least 50 new cars that were not in GT4.

We obviously know some so far, with the 599GTB, Evo IX, Oreca Audi, and new Pescarolo.

Let's keep our eyes peeled then! I'm hoping to get an import PS3 to play GT HD. I got quite upset by how long I could see people playing GT4 on here when I didn't have it. I'd rather that not happen again. It'd make such a change for someone like me to be ahead of the action. 50 new cars sound interesting. Is the concept of the R35 skyline likely to be in the game would you think? I'm amazed to find myself asking that given how irritated I am with how many hundreds of Japanese models there are, but that is a nice looking car, so I'll make an exception! On top of that, Kazunori likes slow retro tat, where's the Nissan Figaro? LOL.

I'd say these would be some good guesses, at least amongst the Japanese makes:

* Honda FCX Hybrid Concept
* Honda Civic Si (US/JDM model)
* Honda Civic Type-R (Euro model)
* Lexus GS450h
* Lexus SC430 SuperGT car
* Mazda Kabura Concept
* Mazdaspeed 3
* Mazdaspeed 6
* Mitsubishi Concept-X
* Mitsubishi Concept Sportback
* Nissan GT-R Proto
* Nissan Sport Concept
* Nissan Urge Concept
* Nissan Skyline sedan (V36-gen)
* Subaru Impreza WRX STi S204

I'd say these would be some good guesses, at least amongst the Japanese makes:

* Honda FCX Hybrid Concept
* Honda Civic Si (US/JDM model)
* Honda Civic Type-R (Euro model)
* Lexus GS450h
* Lexus SC430 SuperGT car
* Mazda Kabura Concept
* Mazdaspeed 3
* Mazdaspeed 6
* Mitsubishi Concept-X
* Mitsubishi Concept Sportback
* Nissan GT-R Proto
* Nissan Sport Concept
* Nissan Urge Concept
* Nissan Skyline sedan (V36-gen)
* Subaru Impreza WRX STi S204
In my honest observations, PD have not been so keen on concepts lately. Other than the GTR and maybe the Nissan Sport, id give the other concept 50-50 odds of getting in.

PD didnt give us the S203 and S202 so they probably wont give us the S204 (though I really hope im wrong, its the best Sti), though you can guarantee the regular new Sti. The GS450h is a fair bet, but dont put your life savings on it because PD has other priorities.

The Super GT Soarer, I dont know. If we do get one, itll probably be the Tom's one. Though im sceptical since PD havent been adding many JGTC/Super GT cars to the GT lineup since '01 models (atleast with GT500). Hopefully im dead wrong as id love to see the 05 and 06 NSXs. In fact, Id love to see all the Super GT cars since '00, and a handful of 90s ones. Im getting off topic here...

Anyway, the others are near sure bets.

Unfortunately I wasn't sure of many new Japanese cars so I mostly just knew of the concepts.

The GS450h seems likely due to their including the Prius, Insight, and DualNote/DN-X hybrids in the game.

I do have a good feeling that '05 or '06 SuperGT cars will be put in. They did put in the 2003 Takata Dome NSX, Xanavi Nismo Fairlady Z, and WoodOne Supra for GT4.

GT4 had ~720 cars, meaning that even if the 30 Premium cars are all new (which we know they aren't), we can expect at least 50 new cars that were not in GT4.
From memory it was noted that there'll be thirty premium models on the disc, and an additional thirty for download. It's good to see that PD have been hard at work on the important vehicles…:sly:

The Suzuki Cappuccino (premium) can be added:

cappremri3.jpg

Everyone is excited about Ferrari, and I am too, but only as long as they sound like Ferraris. But what about Lamborghini or.............Porsche?

I do have a good feeling that '05 or '06 SuperGT cars will be put in. They did put in the 2003 Takata Dome NSX, Xanavi Nismo Fairlady Z, and WoodOne Supra for GT4.

Doesn't seem like their choices of Premium cars are that great...
Pretty under-whelming at this stage, though I'd suggest that it's a deliberately conservative move to ensure a suitable build-up to HD/GT5. Incidentally, I remember a conversation in late 2004 in which we discussed the lack of new JGTC models for GT4. We can only hope that efforts were redirected to creating a new collection of SGT cars in early 2005.

At the very least they should have the '05 SuperGT champion, since they always include the champions since 1999.

Which would mean the 2005 Zent Cerumo Supra.

Unfortunately the 2006 season wont be done until November, so I highly doubt the 2006 champion will show up in the game.

At the very least they should have the '05 SuperGT champion, since they always include the champions since 1999.

Which would mean the 2005 Zent Cerumo Supra.

Unfortunately the 2006 season wont be done until November, so I highly doubt the 2006 champion will show up in the game.
Well, to be overly technical, there is no Xanavi Nismo Z, just its Motul Pitwork sister car. And there are no '02 JGTC cars in GT4, though I guess you could count the Esso Ultraflo Supra from '01 as the replacement, but that car was not in the NA version.

As for the 2006 champion, PD can get to work on modeling that ARTA NSX. After we gave it away last year, we are taking it home baby! :sly: NSX!!

Those two links don't work, Alpha.

And I added the Papadakis S2000 as a green car, since it was at least promised to make it into a game.

Hi, everyone!

Post #46 does have an interesting point about Ferrari sounds. I can probably say that sounds will probably be more like GT4 since we won't have a clear-cut idea on GT5's offerings. I don't think we can be too worried on sound right now. Eighty percent that it would be more of GT4 sounds until we see some modified or newer sounds. I would imagine that Ferraris may sound much more unique than most other cars. Ferraris have been like that for as long as the company has been around. Whatever PD and Ferrari collectively comes up with, it should be a sweet deal for all of us. I'm actually proud (shocked, really) to see Ferrari mentioned and confirmed for this GTHD deal and even GT5. And I won't go too far into the notion of Ferrari in the GT series unless we're talking about the thread "Ferrari in GT? Not a Chance." Just funny. The main hook is Ferrari without even thinking about the rest of the game.

I don't think car choices should be extravagant at this point. Most of us can barely contain ourselves now that Ferrari's jumped aboard. We will need to stay tuned for perhaps the rest of this year to really know at least 50% of what PD wants to do with this GTHD deal and whatever cars are involved. I'll be sure to keep a close eye on this list the next coming months because even though. It's a nice list.

The ProDrive P2 would be a good addition, but that's about as likely to appear as a Dennis Dart. I do hope the GS450H appears though. Has this thought occurred to anyone? Take a look at the cars in prologue. Transpose them two years, what would they include if prologue was being made now? That sort of stuff, but 2 years further on chronologically. I think that's a reasonable expectation. Of course Prologue had double the number of cars GTHD premium will have initially, but after this "online update" the number of cars AND tracks is looking incredibly similar.
With regard to sound I'd expect Classic to have GT4's sounds, but GTHD Premium may have some new soundwork depending on what cars they felt needed it. While some cars in GT4 were recorded, some were synthesised and the ones that did were obvious. The Subaru Impreza sounds perfect, the Audi RS4 sounds nice, but some of the other cars, in particular Japanese stuff strangely, sounds a bit GT3ish. Maybe those cars are candidates for a sound update? (The ones that make it into Premium).

Just in case anyone asks, I'm not putting bikes on the list just because in the most recent GTHD news conference there was no implication at all at there being bikes and cars together in the game.

Just in case anyone asks, I'm not putting bikes on the list just because in the most recent GTHD news conference there was no implication at all at there being bikes and cars together in the game.

- Although the official site is now showing screen shots of bikes with the official GTHD logos all over them.

Bikes and cars together? LOL I don't think so. Turncoat or not, I wouldn't mind trying a high-powered bike round the Nurbrgring. What do you guys reckon on there being a "tourist trophy" or something similar for bikes in GTHD Classic? Do you think it's unlikely since the bikes don't have old GT4 Textures, or do you reckon they'll use the TT ones? Guess they'll have to rename the Audi T.T. one-make event!

The sections of the website that show bikes and cars together is from E3, not from the more recent TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back