GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
There has been something like 19 confirmed so far, and very few rally, and no original GT tracks yet. I have a feeling it is going to be somewhere around 40 bespoke locations. Just a guess.
One original GT track actually. We had High Speed Ring in Prologue, remember? ;)

EDIT: Make that two. The SSR5 is confirmed as well.

Assuming that all GT4/PSP tracks will return this is my take on it:

There would be around 45 tracks, 70 total unique variations (no reverse versions).

Assuming that all GT4/PSP tracks will return this is my take on it:

There would be around 45 tracks, 70 total unique variations (no reverse versions).

The news of the track creator has me thinking it wasn't the Stelvio Pass in the FT-86 video, but just a created course within a mountainous area similar to it (or the same area's scenery). The same for the rocky mountain road in the California video and the Tuscany paved road in in the 458 Italia video.

It would be great if Stelvio is in and the signs are very similar, but they could have just used the same signs cause it's in the area (or the area is modelled after the general area but not the exact road path). You'll also notice the roads in that FT-86 video are much wider than the real Stelvio.

Like i've said before, I see no reason why they can't implement some GT4 tracks into GT5.

Urban tracks may be an issue, because of the lighting on the buildings, you couldn't have night racing there (Places like New York, Seoul etc.).

We've seen upscaled versions of the Nurburgring Nordschleife and Circuit de la Sarthe from GT4, and they looked perfectly fine to me.

It's my speculation, but I don't think PD would only use the scenery without including some track/road from the real place. I agree though that the track in the FT-86 video appears to be too wide to be the Stelvio Pass. I'll remove it from my list.

Perhaps the theme from the FT-86 video is to the Eiger Nordwand what the Toscana theme is to the Toscana track; the scenery between the two looks reasonably similar. This also may be the talked about 'long version' of the track. This could also guarantee 2 new 'set' rally tracks in the other themes, although this just speculation.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I think that Spa-Francorchamps might be in GT5. It isn't listed on the front page of this thread, but I have compelling evidence to suggest that the track actually might be in GT5!

Here is the evidence:

Rather than being a fully featured editor – a feature that, Yamauchi confessed, was tinkered with but deemed to complex – the course maker allows players to select certain set parameters to create a track. A theme can be selected, with the Belgian High Fens or Toscana two examples, and the individual track sectors are then defined.

Taken from this IGN article:

Gamescom: GT5 Course Maker Unveiled

Notice the highlighted Belgian High Fens? That piqued my attention, so I looked on Wikipedia for some info, and here is what I discovered.

This is an image of the Belgian High Fens, If you look, you will notice that to the left is the town of Spa, where the Grand Prix circuit is located. Could this be proof that Spa-Francorchamps is in GT5?

It would certainly ring true with my understand of the track editor - that it allows you to create tracks from existing track locations within the game.

Karte_Hohes_Venn.png

Taken from this Wikipeida article:

High Fens

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I think that Spa-Francorchamps might be in GT5. It isn't listed on the front page of this thread, but I have compelling evidence to suggest that the track actually might be in GT5!

Here is the evidence:

Taken from this IGN article:

Gamescom: GT5 Course Maker Unveiled

Notice the highlighted Belgian High Fens? That piqued my attention, so I looked on Wikipedia for some info, and here is what I discovered.

This is an image of the Belgian High Fens, If you look, you will notice that to the left is the town of Spa, where the Grand Prix circuit is located. Could this be proof that Spa-Francorchamps is in GT5?

It would certainly ring true with my understand of the track editor - that it allows you to create tracks from existing track locations within the game.

Karte_Hohes_Venn.png

Taken from this Wikipeida article:

High Fens

This has already been discussed and some points have been raised that the Belgian High Fens environment were used for the track creator to compensate for the real Spa circuit not being in the game. However, I think it will be there. If it really was compensation, I would take it more like provocation. So close but yet so far.

This has already been discussed and some points have been raised that the Belgian High Fens environment were used for the track creator to compensate for the real Spa circuit not being in the game. However, I think it will be there. If it really was compensation, I would take it more like provocation. So close but yet so far.

Hahaha, I'm beginning to wonder if the search function actually works! This is the second time I have posted something, only to find that it has already been posted. I did a through search using the thread an forum functions both times, but found nothing!

Still, here is hoping that the track IS in GT5! 👍

Are these all circumstantial, purely coincidental clues?

- Hohes Venn in the Course Maker. Spa is in the Hohes Venn area of Belgium
- Spa-Francorchamps sticker on that photo of a PD staff suitcase containing track material (which had stickers from other real tracks included in GT5 or GTPSP, Monza included)
- Spa was rumored to be included in the Time Trial demo, it ended up being Indianapolis GP
- Spa appearing in the GT5P weather location screen (Monza included)
- GT5P Weather locations:

10 out of 19 locations have already appeared in past GT games or will appear in GT5. Spa could be the number 11.

- Hohes Venn in the Course Maker. Spa is in the Hohes Venn area of Belgium
Yes, that's circumstantial. See the above murder suspect analogy. Spa may well be in the Hohes Venn, but the location's inclusion in the game could be because PD couldn't get the licence to include Spa, so they went for the next-best thing.

- Spa-Francorchamps sticker on that photo of a PD staff suitcase containing track material (which had stickers from other real tracks included in GT5 or GTPSP, Monza included)
That sticker could have been picked up anywhere and meant anything. Maybe that staff member visited Spa and Monza and picked up stickers to show they'd been there.

- Spa was rumored to be included in the Time Trial demo, it ended up being Indianapolis GP
Rumours are by no means confirmation of anything. Valentino Rossi was rumoured to be moving to Ferrari in Formula 1 in 2011, but did he? No, he's staying in MotoGP, but moving to Ducati.

- Spa appearing in the GT5P weather location screen (Monza included)
We know there have been changes from GT5P to GT5.

The hills around Nürburgring in Germany are specifically called the "Eifel Mountains". When you look this up in the English version of Wikipedia, it says the following.

"The Eifel is bordered by the river Moselle in the south and the Rhine in the east. In the north it is limited by the hills of the High Fens (Hohes Venn), in the west by the Ardennes of Belgium and Luxembourg."

This makes me wonder if PD could have confused the German Nürburgring environment as a part of the Belgian High Fens and that their intentions were to let people create tracks in a similar environment to that of the Nürburgring? After all, there is only 70 km or 43 miles between Nürburgring and Spa Francorchamps and in comparison that's pretty far from PD's headquarters / research department in Tokyo.

Considering some of the evidence...

I would put 1,000 dollars that Spa will be in. However, it definitely isn't confirmed.

This makes me wonder if PD could have confused the German Nürburgring environment as a part of the Belgian High Fens and that their intentions were to let people create tracks in a similar environment to that of the Nürburgring? After all, there is only 70 km or 43 miles between Nürburgring and Spa Francorchamps and in comparison that's pretty far from PD's headquarters / research department in Tokyo.
Do you really think Kazunori Yamauchi would make such an elementary mistake? The man practically breathes exhaust fumes and wanted to get the Nurburgring in the game since the days of GT1! He's not going to slip up like that.

Do you really think Kazunori Yamauchi would make such an elementary mistake? The man practically breathes exhaust fumes and wanted to get the Nurburgring in the game since the days of GT1! He's not going to slip up like that.

It's possible isn't it? Yesterday, some other member here spotted a possible mistake on the Ferrari P4 in the recent demo. I think that it was something about the number on the car not being entirely correct for that version of the P4 but maybe it was just speculation.

Considering some of the evidence...

I would put 1,000 dollars that Spa will be in. However, it definitely isn't confirmed.

You're right. It's not confirmed, but given the small clues it's in my opinion more likely to appear than other real-life tracks. If all that doesn't necessarily mean it will be included, how could one be absolutely sure that it will not? That's my point.

Then say that. Don't go around touting the Hohes Venn's appearance in the course editor as absolute proof that Spa is included in the game - because it's not proof at all.

You're right. It's not confirmed, but given the small clues it's in my opinion more likely to appear than other real-life tracks. If all that doesn't necessarily mean it will be included, how could one be absolutely sure that it will not? That's my point.

Definitely not trying to argue with you. Sorry, if it came off like that.

While I am posting, I will go ahead and list a few things that point to its inclusion. (For those that may not live at GTPlanet)
1. Jordan's News: He received word from an unnamed source that the TT Challenge was going to be either Indy or Spa, but it was Indy that became the TT.
2. It is one of the GT5P weather locations.
3. The briefcase with the Spa sticker.
4. The GT Life selection screen appears to have a picture of Spa.
5. Belgian High Fens is part of the track creator.

I feel like I am missing something...

Oh yea, it is one of the most wanted courses by the GT fan base. 👍

I'll give it 90%. (for whatever that is worth):)

Go back a page where I just created reasonable doubt over each of those five pieces of evidence.

Also, where are you getting the number 90% from? Are you in a position to confirm that much, or are you just pulling numbers out of the aether?

Go back a page where I just created reasonable doubt over each of those five pieces of evidence.

Also, where are you getting the number 90% from? Are you in a position to confirm that much, or are you just pulling numbers out of the aether?

He said 90% cause Kaz uses that same number percentage all the time lol:)

Yes, that's circumstantial. See the above murder suspect analogy. Spa may well be in the Hohes Venn, but the location's inclusion in the game could be because PD couldn't get the licence to include Spa, so they went for the next-best thing.

That sticker could have been picked up anywhere and meant anything. Maybe that staff member visited Spa and Monza and picked up stickers to show they'd been there.

Rumours are by no means confirmation of anything. Valentino Rossi was rumoured to be moving to Ferrari in Formula 1 in 2011, but did he? No, he's staying in MotoGP, but moving to Ducati.

We know there have been changes from GT5P to GT5.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-demo-hits-december-17/

It was said by Jordan there that it would be spa or indy.

I give it a 75% chance that you are way to up tight and a 60% chance that you probably annoy other people in your daily life with your inability to listen.

Go back to the last page and look where I stated it is not confirmed. And where do you think I got the 90% number from? Was it not made obvious enough for you? I guessed. The same way people bet in Vegas or anywhere else. And the same way that people look at evidence in court. They weigh the evidence and then draw conclusions from that.

Why is this so hard to understand? Or are you just trying to be contrary?

By the way, I can create "reasonable doubt" on just about anything anyone says. So, don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

Back