GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
Hmmm, could Special Stage Route B look like this?

ssr16std.png

Someone found out that by joining the two hairpins, they could make a new track! I'd love to see this in GT5.

Wow that looks awesome.. if only :drool:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all the Special stage configurations based on real streets in Tokyo? If so, maybe we could use google maps to figure out the layout of this new circuit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all the Special stage configurations based on real streets in Tokyo? If so, maybe we could use google maps to figure out the layout of this new circuit.

I always thought they were fictional. They were never categorized as real locations in previous games were they?

Adding to the 'Eiger' speculation, I think the odd U-shape at the end of the pits may be interchangeable with the other courses mentioned, not a brilliant example to show here, but I think all the courses will somehow connect to this middle pits; it seems a very odd shape in an odd position (obviously hillside so there will be zig-zags, I just think the distance to there is a bit unnecessary to be used exclusively by one course. Also there can't be any roads coming from the top right of the original; none were seen in the TGS demo anyway, just a big strip of tramline like in the others.

Le4tP.jpg

Again, pure speculation, feel free to rip my theory apart :lol:

Using the pits like that is genius, I wouldn't be surprised if it's along those lines.
Taking the FT-86 trailer literally, there is definitely a route that goes much higher than Kleine Scheidegg station, as you get a good view of these mountains from somewhere around this angle or higher:
m4ZXH.jpg
That is near where the Eigerbahn disappears into the Eiger, so it's possible there could even be a point to point route which follows the train tunnel?
There are very brief moments in the trailer where you can see a bare cliff-face from inside the tunnel, so a route that goes inside the Eiger itself does seem possible:
o1KVs.jpg

My first post, sorry if all this is old news, it's nice to find somewhere that appreciates this sort of nerdy speculation!

The Tokyo Route 246 track is real road layout, the Special stages 5 and 11 are based on Tokyo's motorway system in terms of the look and setting of the tracks, but they aren't real road layouts.

The Tokyo Route 246 track is real road layout, the Special stages 5 and 11 are based on Tokyo's motorway system in terms of the look and setting of the tracks, but they aren't real road layouts.

Ok, I always wondered about that. In GT4, they weren't classified as Original circuits but as Street Courses so thats what got me asking.

Yes, they are classed as street circuits purely because they were on streets, regardless of being on real streets or otherwise. Original Circuits would be closed, purpose built circuits like HSR or Trial Mountain.

SS11 was only in GT3 as far as I can recall. And boy did it look amazing at the time. I can only imagine what it would be like in GT5

was defo in 1 aswell, you could race it in "hi-fi mode" (50 fps) with no ai cars, just couldnt recall it in 2 or 4...
i remember it was slightly different in 3...

Ok my eagle eye spotted something interesting :)
That set of icons on the top left of the pic appears in the bottom left HUD of the Gamestop track creator video, but the white sections on the side of the car icon overlay are a single unbroken piece instead of the 2 blocks on either side in the pic. And they also move at 0:52....

it might be due to compression artifacts
0000430560.jpg
I also notice in this picture that the VW is going in the reverse direction on Madrid. I haven't seen that before. :)

I also notice in this picture that the VW is going in the reverse direction on Madrid. I haven't seen that before. :)
I think we've only seen the shortened version go that direction, but all the street tracks should be reversible.

Judging by the name alone, I'd say South Africa's Cape Town / Table Mountain National Park, so a mountainous area with much overgrowth, with steep cliffs leading into the sea.
I was thinking this too, along the cliffs on the west side. There's plenty of hiking trails around there, but the elevation changes might be a bit too much.
YcahI.jpg

Will be interesting to see whether it's a real place or not.

Last edited:
Using the pits like that is genius, I wouldn't be surprised if it's along those lines.
Taking the FT-86 trailer literally, there is definitely a route that goes much higher than Kleine Scheidegg station, as you get a good view of these mountains from somewhere around this angle or higher:
m4ZXH.jpg
That is near where the Eigerbahn disappears into the Eiger, so it's possible there could even be a point to point route which follows the train tunnel?
There are very brief moments in the trailer where you can see a bare cliff-face from inside the tunnel, so a route that goes inside the Eiger itself does seem possible:
o1KVs.jpg

My first post, sorry if all this is old news, it's nice to find somewhere that appreciates this sort of nerdy speculation!

Hey, welcome to the forums, looks like you'll fit right in here then ;)

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but the track in the FT-86 trailer (known as 'Swiss Pass' for now) is completely seperate from Eiger, is it not? That's what I always assumed.

The track in the FT-86 trailer in my opinion is separate from Eiger (the vegetation looks much different and richer, as if it was on a lower altitude rather than higher. Maybe it could be the mountain pass from Grindelwald I speculated about a few pages ago?), but I agree there's the possibility that it might be instead part of it. In that case it could be another variation instead of a completely new track.

It could also end up being a new location/track near Gornergrat.
Gornergrat was in the "leaked" track reference material list (where Spa, Grindelwald and other tracks were listed).

I agree some of the alpine shots in the trailer are definitely lower down, I was only talking about a few early scenes. I'd love to see a drive down to Grindelwald too, along with the resurrection of the Grindelwald track!

The reason they're in the same area is you can see the silhouette of the mountain range in the photo I posted (Lauberhorn and Tschuggen?), these are the grassy mountains opposite the Eiger that the Prologue track runs along the base of. There might be no physical join with the 'Swiss Pass' track, but they are set in the same area if the trailer is to be believed.

There may be many other alpine tracks too, I'm not trying to rule out anything that we haven't already seen. I hadn't heard about Gornergrat but I'll look it up, thanks.

Last edited:
I think you're right:

eiger.jpg

eiger01u.jpg

The point of view is from about here:

eiger02.jpg

Since the road keeps going downhill in the video, maybe we'll get a point-to-point mountain pass road like this one, from Grund Grindelwald station to Eigergletscher? (in red, very similar to the one I speculated some time ago)

eiger04.jpg

Or maybe, instead of going down to Grindelwald, it will form a shorter looping circuit?

Last edited:
Since the road keeps going downhill in the video, maybe we'll get a point-to-point mountain pass road like this one? (in red, very similar to the one I speculated some time ago)

If that happens, wow, don't want to get my hopes up though but some videos did show something looking like a mountain pass road ( which was assumed to be the Stelvio pass at that time ).

Well, we know from some Course Maker screenshots that we're getting point-to-point tracks.

I'm sure there will be a few pre-made ones. One could be Pikes Peak (from the "leaked" list). Another one could be a long mountain pass located on the Eiger. We'll see!

This other screenshot:

eiger05.jpg

Same view from Google Earth:

eiger06.jpg

Taking into account the view and the way the road flows, it must have been from the section in bright red here:

eiger07.jpg

Last edited:
Akira, I must say, this is truly an amazing detective work.
Your contribution to this forum really is one of the highlights of my time here ;)
Keep up the good work !

Thanks to Beat the Beat who gave the tip :)

By the way, after downloading the video in full quality, I'm starting to suspect that the road might follow closely Jungfraubahn, where it goes inside the mountain (the tunnel). Maybe it's even possible that it will reach the proximities of Jungfraujoch railway station itself. From Grindelwald to there, it would be almost a 3000 meters height difference, and quite a view in many spots!

eiger08.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to Beat the Beat who gave the tip :)

By the way, after downloading the video in full quality, I'm starting to suspect that the road might follow closely Jungfraubahn, where it goes inside the mountain (the tunnel). Maybe it's even possible that it will reach the proximities of Jungfraujoch railway station itself. From Grindelwald to there, it would be almost a 3000 meters height difference, and quite a view in many spots!

Wow, that would be, one hell of a track!

Also, I couldn't agree more with Fido. your analysis/detective work never fails to amaze me! :bowdown:

Beat the Beat
The reason they're in the same area is you can see the silhouette of the mountain range in the photo I posted (Lauberhorn and Tschuggen?), these are the grassy mountains opposite the Eiger that the Prologue track runs along the base of. There might be no physical join with the 'Swiss Pass' track, but they are set in the same area if the trailer is to be believed.

Well I must say, very good spot indeed, thanks for explaining that 👍.

I'm not so sure it goes through the Eiger anymore, It would probably end up quite boring once you get fully into the mountain! There is a short covered tunnel before the train turns towards the real tunnel, so the track could be mimicking this part.

I realised I'd missed a lot of detail when you posted that video still, I should have been rewatching in HD! I think that's actually not so high up after looking at the details.
If you look at the photo here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:5080_-_Grindelwald-Kleine_Scheidegg_-_View_from_Wengernalpbahn.JPG it seems to be taken from very nearby, and is on the Grindelwald railway. The only thing wrong is Mannlichen looks too high up in the game, but I'm thinking that's an inaccuracy in modelling.

One more thing noticable is these are the mountains around the Grindelwald valley:
D4FkV.jpg

You get a brief view of the tops of them as you head up the hill in Prologue, but I reckon this much closer.

Shirakawa you should be in CSI,the bad ass of the investigators,I tried to find Grindewald myself but no luck,I always end up somewhere near Düsseldorf.

seriously very Impressive job Shirakawa.

-> ...
was the special stage 11 only featured in 1 and 3? loved it in gt1....
^ Yes, the legendary SSR11 was featured in both GT1 and GT3 with a slightly modified layout. ;)

SS11 was only in GT3 as far as I can recall. And boy did it look amazing at the time. I can only imagine what it would be like in GT5
^ Looks like you've never played GT1 then. ;)

-> Its ok, GT1 is already in the Old Testament period already! :lol:

was defo in 1 aswell, you could race it in "hi-fi mode" (50 fps) with no ai cars, just couldnt recall it in 2 or 4...
i remember it was slightly different in 3...
^ Not just in the Hi-Fi mode, but on many racing occations (such as the longest enduance race in GT1) in the Gran Turismo/Simulation Mode. :)

-> Here are the difference between the two epic tracks in Gran Turismo, the SSR11:

Special Stage R11 '90s
ssr11_165x168.gif

Special Stage R11 '00s
ssr11_165x168.gif

Here are the two SSR11's side-by-side:
d3sol10.jpg

;)

I have to say SHIRAKAWA Akira now joined by Beat the Beat do a great and thorough job in trying to fit all the pieces of a yet incomplete puzzle an provide some interesting info.
This is far better than reading endless questions about which tracks could be included or not, here's some serious research going on, well appreciated guys.👍

I'm not so sure it goes through the Eiger anymore, It would probably end up quite boring once you get fully into the mountain! There is a short covered tunnel before the train turns towards the real tunnel, so the track could be mimicking this part.
The sections actually inside the mountain wouldn't be too long, I think. Much of those would be "half-open" tunnels like those you can see in the FT86 trailer. I marked in red the sections that would be completely open or half-open:

eig00b.jpg

Notice that as the car exits the tunnel, a reflection of Lauberhorn and Tschuggen can be seen. We can't be sure if it's accurate, but the reflection would be consistent with the position of the car at the end of the tunnel:

eig00.jpg

Also note that immediately after that, a small house can be seen. It might be part of the Eigergletscher railway station complex which is right there:

eig01.jpg

As the car keeps going west, the gap between Lauberhorn and Tschuggen becomes narrower as it should. Perhaps the actual layout goes a bit more to the west than my version does. I corrected it here:

eig02.jpg

eig02b.jpg

What follows is what appears to be a relatively long hairpin/sweep, so perhaps I should alter my layout accordingly:

eig03.jpg

eig03b.jpg

The trailer jumps ahead a bit - it seems that after a relatively steep downward incline the there's a 90 degrees curve followed by a chicane. It's possible to see the high road above. I admit that in my version there isn't so much height difference. But still, it's an approximation. By the way, maybe the trail I highlighted below the high road might be of some help in identifying better its location:

eig04a.jpg

eig04b.jpg

A few sharp turns/hairpins follow, then the video appears to be depicting the car going back uphill, and toward the end again downhill, but starting seemingly from a previously driven stretch of road.

It becomes confusing at this point.

In the end this is what I think is in the trailer, approximately:

eig05b.jpg

I realised I'd missed a lot of detail when you posted that video still, I should have been rewatching in HD! I think that's actually not so high up after looking at the details.

Yes, it's better in HD. Regarding the scenery however I think there are inaccuracies as you mention.

[...]
One more thing noticable is these are the mountains around the Grindelwald valley:
D4FkV.jpg

You get a brief view of the tops of them as you head up the hill in Prologue, but I reckon this much closer.

To obtain that view on Google Earth the altitude must be quite high (higher than where the roads would be), and this is inconsistent with the map I traced.

I'm confused.
However it's clear that the track in the trailer is from the Eiger area (although in an almost completely different place than Eiger Nordwand in GT5P).

Last edited:
Back