GT5 multi screen support confirmed

• Thread starter SETWAVE
  • 298 comments
Any updates yet on the 3 screen issue?
I have my racing sim built, luckily I didn't buy my other 2 ps3s yet. It makes me so mad, that in considering abandoning my ps3 and gt5 and going to just pc racing which atleast supports 3 screen (shift 2, dirt 3, etc)
Even though I have the 360, I will switch to forza 4 if it supports 3 screen racing.

If anyone has a glimmer of hope about 3 screen gt5 let us know

I am wondering, IF there will be a multi screen option in GT5, is it also possible in 3d? I think it is hard to make all three monitors synchronize with a single active shutter lens/glasses.

It would be awesome to play GT5 with 3x 50+ inch 3d-tv!!! In my opinion its worth the price of 2 extra ps3's and game copies.

screw it lol here is a link. but yeah i was very sad to see no 3 screen support. if u ever play with 3 screen you will never want to play without it. its like going from a controller to a wheel, although flat screens are pretty wide now so you can see the apex of corners better.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh9Pz844AOU

I've seen some awesome 3 screen rigs before but never had the tech know-how to sort one out for myself. I think it'll be an upset to many if it isn't possible to use for GT5.
I've got a projector aimed at my wall for a huge screen area. I was thinking of mounting some concave board next to the wall so when I sit in front of it it'll be like being in a cockpit.

"5. Multi-monitor display compatibility

It is now possible to connect multiple PlayStation 3‘s and multiple monitors to create an ultra high resolution, wide angle playing view.

By operating up to five PlayStation 3′s connected by LAN in parallel, it is possible to create a field of view that covers up to 180 degrees."

nose bleed...:cheers::gtpflag::cheers:

Finally GT5 goes multi-screen;

I confirm it works in all game modes including online :bowdown:

5455640997_f4e872e464.jpg

5455642285_099c9bd476.jpg

Finally GT5 goes multi-screen;

I confirm it works in all game modes including online :bowdown:

👍

Thanks for confirmation - do all hud options work as normal in Multi Monitor (online)?

Guess I'm going on a shopping spree at lucnh to pick up another PS3 and 2 more copies of GT5 to complete my GT5 Triple screen setup :cheers:

I do not have a video camera so I cannot do videos right now.

I will post more screens later today (all views, different tracks, etc.)

Sorry for the quality !

Nice setup, if you don't mind me asking, what monitors are you using?

My concern with doing this is having to have all three monitors the same, if one goes faulty and that model is out of production, will you have to buy another three monitors to maintain continuity in the display ?

Could be costly, so I'm thinking that rules out buying something like a 32-40 inch tv.

And if later on one decided to add a further 2 monitors to have the full 180 degrees setup, again, sourceing the exact same model of monitor could prove difficult !

I guess there is no way around this issue, just have to live with it !

Edit: Amazon are selling PS3's for £199.99.

Last edited:
Back