GT5 multi screen support confirmed

• Thread starter SETWAVE
  • 298 comments
You spent how many thousand Euro to have 3x PS3 60GB, 3x 24" Monitors and 3x GT4 Discs very early on.
Yep, but I sold everything and made good money off of it. :D

Now your saying GT5 isnt worth 70 Euro.
I find you hard to understand Kikie and even more shocking you wont buy this game because of a track list or to say its not worth the money.
Nope it isn't worth €70. Tracks is much more important to me than cars. If there were more real tracks and less cars, I would have been much more interested. When I download mods for pc games it's new tracks almost every time.

As a sensible question how many other racing games do you know of that have as much or indeed more content than GT5 for 70 Euro. Seriously Im confused with your way of thinking friend.
None!

I know, it souds odd but that's how I feel about GT5 at the moment. It's simple really. I'm very disappointed in the amount of tracks in GT5 and I still have to get over the initial shock. :D
I was expecting Spa, Brand Hatch, Hockenheim, some French and Spanish famous tracks. GT5 has got even less tracks than GT4

ok why not?
That is totally rubbish.
My PC runs games with 3 screens - i thought this is supposed to be the 'ultimate driving simulator'???

Stega,

I only had 1 copy till today. Wont get home till this evening to try out 3.
Whats annoying is that using "Narrowest" view does seem to make the L C R screens align.

What have you tried to do?
Please make a list of what you tried and how your PS3 are connected/on each machine as friends?
We can go through various options together if youd like.

The problem I believe is the GT Mode no longer allows the player to view incar and look left/right.
Touching any button brings up the replay screen options.

However only in ARCADE mode does GT5 function like previous games allowing "Zoom" with triangle and looking left/right when in cockpit view.

If its not possible to create/join a lobby and use spectactor mode for the L/R screens in how the original ARCADE replay mode works then yeah its game over regards multiscreens unless its something that unlocks which is doubtful.

I guess back to Plan B for me and the cockpit. However glad I halted the build when I did...

If its deffo not in the game. The question is what have the magazines got to say for themselves that said this was supported?

Last edited:
Who cares what the magazines say-they'll hide behind some t's & c's

What we need to do is get PD to make it support 3 screens with 3 ps3's on their next downloadable update...

Who cares what the magazines say-they'll hide behind some t's & c's

What we need to do is get PD to make it support 3 screens with 3 ps3's on their next downloadable update...

In the UK yes they can get away with it quite easy or excuse it.
Maybe Stega being in USA can sue for expenses/damages and mental stress with a big lawsuit :sly:

I hope he can!

I NEED triple screen support. And think about all those extra ps3 sales and game sales Sony and pd digital are missing out on!

Everything else is included-why not this?????

Stega,

I only had 1 copy till today. Wont get home till this evening to try out 3.
Whats annoying is that using "Narrowest" view does seem to make the L C R screens align.

What have you tried to do?
Please make a list of what you tried and how your PS3 are connected/on each machine as friends?
We can go through various options together if youd like.

The problem I believe is the GT Mode no longer allows the player to view incar and look left/right.
Touching any button brings up the replay screen options.

However only in ARCADE mode does GT5 function like previous games allowing "Zoom" with triangle and looking left/right when in cockpit view.

If its not possible to create/join a lobby and use spectactor mode for the L/R screens in how the original ARCADE replay mode works then yeah its game over regards multiscreens unless its something that unlocks which is doubtful.

I guess back to Plan B for me and the cockpit. However glad I halted the build when I did...

If its deffo not in the game. The question is what have the magazines got to say for themselves that said this was supported?

Basically I installed and updated the 3 consoles with the games. I linked all 3 into the same hub I used for forza. I then friended each console, and attempted to find any option in the game I could that would enable such a thing.

If anyone has suggestions for me to try please feel free and let me know.

I am so convinced that I explored every option I will be stopping into electronics stores today to check out / research some 3d tv's.

The irritating thing about this is that it was seen running at trade shows with a 6 screen setup!!! The code must exist! Stick it in and put an option in the menu for it.

If the reason is that they think not enough people will buy 3 screens, ps3's etc - put it in and let the consumer decide. Even if only 1000 people out of the millions that buy the game buy 2 extra consoles and tv's monitors, that would equate to at least quarter of a million gbp in extra revenue in hardware alone.

Same goes for local LAN play - the tcp-ip code is already there -it was there in gt4- why do we have to go online to play a locally connected user?

Last edited:
I dont recall it ever being shown on 6 screens, EVER!

More than likely a PC playing a Video spanned over the screens

If its not in the game thats just tough we will just have to deal with it.

I dont recall it ever being shown on 6 screens, EVER!

More than likely a PC playing a Video spanned over the screens

If its not in the game thats just tough we will just have to deal with it.

That is just a crazy comment - have you never heard of 'if you don't ask you don't get?'

Also - Stega (or whatever your name is) be careful when looking at 3D TV's, as I have 3x Acer 3D LCD panels, and the game has just greyed out the option for 3D, so I assume the game/PS3 is not recognising my panel as being 3D capable...
Looks like those 3D glasses I bought from Sony will be going on eBay as soon as they arrive!:indiff:

That is just a crazy comment - have you never heard of 'if you don't ask you don't get?'

Also - Stega (or whatever your name is) be careful when looking at 3D TV's, as I have 3x Acer 3D LCD panels, and the game has just greyed out the option for 3D, so I assume the game/PS3 is not recognising my panel as being 3D capable...
Looks like those 3D glasses I bought from Sony will be going on eBay as soon as they arrive!:indiff:

Look if they havnt implemented it then its NOT going to arrive in a patch even if you huff n puff or have an online petition. Had they wanted to add it in they would of.

Why would anyone try to get a PS3 to work in 3D on a 120Hz monitor?
PS3 uses HDMI 1.4 3D standard and requires a HDMI 1.4 capable display

* Stega, I dont think he has a clue, lol....

Regards 3DTVs the best for gaming performance and limited crosstalk are Plasma.
LED all are around 40ms. I reckon you be best Stega to look into the Samsung Plasma 8000 model (NOT LED Range)
Its the 7000 model here in the UK but is highly recommended, comes in 50 and 63" over here. Think their might even be a 58" in USA.
The Panasonic in the UK is a lot more expensive but see AV Forums for reviews.

Im monitoring some peoples comments on 3DTV in some forums about the game to see what their impressions are.

Last edited:
Mr Latte, I really hope this doesn't put you off development of your amazing racing cockpit.

Just saw on GTPlanet's Twitter from the GT5 launch party "Yamauchi says many updates coming to GT5 in coming weeks and months." It'd be nice to know if those are fixes or new features, but we can hope!

Actually for 3D PS3 you can use HDMI 1.3 cable, it works 100% fine (I use it myself). It's because the PS3 actually only has an HDMI 1.3 port, but you must plug it into a TV that has HDMI 1.4 yes (which means it's got the right type of 3D support).

Actually for 3D PS3 you can use HDMI 1.3 cable, it works 100% fine (I use it myself). It's because the PS3 actually only has an HDMI 1.3 port, but you must plug it into a TV that has HDMI 1.4 yes (which means it's got the right type of 3D support).

OK so are you saying you need a screen which has a HDMI 1.4 input? Or can you run 3D using HDMI 1.3 seeing as the PS3 is HDMI 1.3 using a HDMI 1.4 cable?

This is becoming a nightmare, no triple screen support and potentially the wrong type of 3D LCD's - lol. :dunce:

Their wont be HDMI capable 3D monitors till next year. Such displays have to be able to handle the various forms of 3D. SIDE/SIDE & TOP /BOTTOM etc.

My own diy will need some re-thinking but this news is a big blow to the desired immersion prospects and joy the game could of brought.

Stega I share your disbelief.

Last edited:
Hey Stega, and Latte

Just got home from work with the 3 copies of the game and sadly I do not see support for triple screens.

I cannot express how:censored:🤬:censored:upset I am about this, my current rig setup was based around GT5 now I have 2 new ps3's and 2 copies of the game to sell not to mention that I will now need to look into selling my monitors and possibly looking into 3d's screens AND rebuilding the monitor mounts for it.

What's worse is I haven't even had a chance to run any laps yet.:mischievous:

WOW HOLY MOTHER OF OVERKILLS !!!!

...you guys need to lay off the GranTurismo/Gaming/TV sets etc thing...take a step back and look at yourself.

Sed the dude that wishes he had the money to buy a similar setup...

Their wont be HDMI capable 3D monitors till next year. Such displays have to be able to handle the various forms of 3D. SIDE/SIDE & TOP /BOTTOM etc.

My own diy will need some re-thinking but this news is a big blow to the desired immersion prospects and joy the game could of brought.

Stega I share your disbelief.

I just picked up a Samsung 8000 series 55'' and I am very pleased so far. Nowhere near as immersive as triple screens but its better than plain old HD.

Delighted to hear youve decided to get one Stega.
Finally someone I know can give a good reliable viewpoint on what it brings to the game not just in gameplay but the 3D aspects of even Photomode. Its amazing how 3D has got panned yet nobody upto release had played the full version of the game with all its effects in 3D prior to release.

Regards your Plasma I believe they have a GAME MODE that reduces the lag so just wanted to say be sure you use that mate. Will you please PM me your PSN name tag and id like to talk some more on your experience with the 3D etc.

Okay anyways just to report back on multiscreens and heres what I tested this morning...

* 3 Consoles all connected in a Lobby created by the CENTRE Screen/Console
* LEFT/RIGHT Screen/Consoles connected and using the "View Race Spectator Option"
* As I assumed earlier the problem is that "Spectator View" in "GT LIFE MODE" uses the new replay view menu system.
* Whats a real bummer is at the moment you CANNOT view an ongoing race in any other view than "TV STYLE REPLAY"
* The only other option is the "TIMING SCREEN"
* At present then all "Multimonitors" can achieve is a realtime live "TV Replay" and realtime "Timing Information" on additional monitors.

** Had they implemented the traditional view from within the car and allow look left/right along with using "Narrowest" the screens I believe would of aligned quite well but no assurance of this.

*** I even tried the PSP EYE on the secondary system to see if even "Face Tracking" without touching any controller buttons would allow change of view but because we cannot even view the "Cockpit" this isnt possible neither.

**** Please note that all testing was done to the fullest capacity available and I dont think I missed anything including using "PREMIUM" & "STANDARD" cars.

Thats all I can offer as input thus far and unfortunately it seems that it is very unlikely this will get patched or added to the game.

On a personal note I am not that shocked nor am I perhaps as angry over this, as some of you guys. Yes Ive spent money on equipment but its also been used in other ways and I can still sell items off. Disappointed indeed yes I am but I never was fully assured this would be in the game so who do we have to blame really?

What I think though is very bad is Sony's/Polphony Digitals refusal to just confirm these things or indeed have them rectified if published to at least inform thier customer/fanbase in advance.

For me its now a case of still having the aim of making a cockpit that can get the most out of the game. 3DTV is the obvious option and in 2011 thier will be Monitor Based compatible displays probably in the 24"-27" ranges for those that might like the 3dTV option but at a smaller/cost effective price point.

I appreciate the input from you guys as well on this topic and wanted to thank you both Stega Racer XO for your own feedback...

Last edited:
I hope he can!

I NEED triple screen support. And think about all those extra ps3 sales and game sales Sony and pd digital are missing out on!

Everything else is included-why not this?????
Because GT5 has head tracking.

You need LAN for a multi monitor setup. No LAN, no multi monitor setup.

This is absolutely no pun, no insult or whatever but what I don't understand is why some of you bought 3 ps3's, three GT5 copies way before GT5 was released and way before there was confirmation about multi monitor compatibility?

Because GT5 has head tracking.

You need LAN for a multi monitor setup. No LAN, no multi monitor setup.

This is absolutely no pun, no insult or whatever but what I don't understand is why some of you bought 3 ps3's, three GT5 copies way before GT5 was released and way before there was confirmation about multi monitor compatibility?

Some people use 3 monitors for FM3 or PC. As for extra PS3 Ive personally made use from my game room and livingroom. You also have to look at it from that perspective and multiscreen is quite awesome. For people in that position an extra console and couple extra discs isnt a big decision.

ALSO remember the KAZ Q/A he himself suggested it would probably be in the game, people got their hopes up.

Some people use 3 monitors for FM3 or PC. As for extra PS3 Ive personally made use from my game room and livingroom. You also have to look at it from that perspective and multiscreen is quite awesome. For people in that position an extra console and couple extra discs isnt a big decision.

ALSO remember the KAZ Q/A he himself suggested it would probably be in the game, people got their hopes up.
That's understandable but buying three GT5 copies and three PS3's without knowing if it's possible is some I don't get. But that's how my brain works. I'd never do something like that. I have to find out stuff before I do/buy something. That's how I learned (studying myself and depressions) and understood the nature of my depressions and how I got better.

While I cant speak for others id put it down to eagerness and the self assurance of trying it first hand with the bonus if it was in they had it right from the start.

Who knows maybe a LAN patch could come though I doubt it.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back