GT5:P Online Racers NFSS Owners List

• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 81 comments
EL_ZISSOU
Hello everybody. Like the thread title says, this is a list of GT5:P online racers who own Need for Speed SHIFT.

I didn't even know about this game until I was flipping through my XMB yesterday and saw two of my friends playing it. An hour or two later, I was ferociously completing races on tracks I had never seen. Once I went online and became trapped in my seat until far, far past my bedtime, I knew that this is where the majority of my racing is most likely to occur until GT5 hits my living room.

If you are a NFSS owner and GT5:P online racer- please post your online ID in this thread so I can add you to the list. Every NFSS owner is welcome to be on the list, but my intention is to reunite the GT5:P online community in a nice foster home until GT5 is ready.

Since the game has configurable private racing, the importance of the friends list is immensely high, and I think we would all like to add folks who we may have neglected to put on our lists in the past (since we just used the good old clock to get together in GT5:P), so that we can fill up our grids with good, clean racers.

The List

GTP_timeattack
GTP_CarlPKY
EL_ZISSOU
GTP_LinPark
GTP_Stotty
GTP_bevofrancis
GTP_finbaek
Tetradic
aussie_nicko
GTP_DutchCustoms
Blitz187
GTP_Oni
Oni_chan
GTP_Arcflyer
GTP_sejtur
GTP_Aki
GTP_Panjandrum
Cultlife
GTP_DGiant2000
LIL_KACHING
GTP_fusflash
Nibbers1
GTP_turbolag
GTP_bullie77
Lildomplaya
Kilborn230
Stavingo
GTP_L_Hamilton
GTP_Vaxen
jpro01
LR-PR-PRotoX
GTP_crazytortise
ANFD
Scruffy39
GTP_MobySPD
GTP_smudger
Mazda3MaxxSports
Tired_Tyres

See you on the track! :cheers:

Last edited:
I'm grabbing this game at lunch after the rave reviews from Carl and Brock last night. Add GTP_LinPark to the list for now and I'll see you online later tonight. Hoping some of the guys on the list will have a headset so we can do some in-game voice chat also. See you then!

Oooovvveeerrrr hhheerrreee!!!! :lol:

GTP_timeattack

I'm really enjoying this game so far :) Hopefully it will continue to blow up in the GTPlanet community so we can have some excellent racing like we do in GT5p...or even better thanks to having private rooms 👍 I'm sure there will be some great combos to race, given the excellent selection of tracks (SPA, Ring, Laguna, Silverstone, etc.) and beastly cars :sly:

Oooovvveeerrrr hhheerrreee!!!! :lol:

GTP_timeattack

I'm really enjoying this game so far :) Hopefully it will continue to blow up in the GTPlanet community so we can have some excellent racing like we do in GT5p...or even better thanks to having private rooms 👍 I'm sure there will be some great combos to race, given the excellent selection of tracks (SPA, Ring, Laguna, Silverstone, etc.) and beastly cars :sly:

heck yeah! except for laguna, the tracks are all new to me (unless i ran them years ago in a gt version and i have since forgotten). when we were on spa last night i was like this-> :drool::drool::drool:

see you tonight :dopey:

GTP_bevofrancis
I'd love to have some scheduled events to do with fellow GTPers.

updated!

i will probably be racing on and off from 5pm-midnight EST (and i am pretty sure carl and TA will be on track at some point tonight as well).

:cheers:

I completely forgot about the PAL/NTSC issue :(

do you know if it is an issue?

i was just going to try and invite stotty and see what happens. if no go, i have no problem spending another $60 to get a thousand hours of fun. thats like a nickel an hour! :dopey:

p.s. clean your box dude! i tried to send you a msg about a bt deal i saw :embarrassed:

do you know if it is an issue?

i was just going to try and invite stotty and see what happens. if no go, i have no problem spending another $60 to get a thousand hours of fun. thats like a nickel an hour! :dopey:

p.s. clean your box dude! i tried to send you a msg about a bt deal i saw :embarrassed:

I'm completely unsure about that atm. Hopefully we'll find out later today if Stotty goes online 👍 Like you, I wouldn't mind spending another $60 for a PAL version, although I really want to get some more seat time to see if I'll be playing the game for long enough to justify picking up another copy. FM3 is right around the corner for the 360, and GT5 is on the horizon so it's not like I'm too desperate :)

I got your PM bro 👍 I came down with a cold the other day so I'm trying to stay at the house today. I'll go by best buy and pick up a headset by the weekend though. Don't want to break your eardrums with my coughing :lol:

I'll not have mine until tomorrow... so no point in inviting me until then!

This game came so out of the blue for me. I thought I was going to drive Lamborghini at Nordschleife just in GT5 :P )
I got it now. Good fresh feeling with the wheel right from the beginning.

GTP_finbaek
PAL version

:cheers:
-fbk-

Last edited:
Grabbed my copy just now - should be online around 9 PM EST trying it out - I sure hope all the online stuff can be played no matter what version of the game you have. They have clearly put alot of thought into this product because last night I could see Carl and Brock on my PSN friends list and it would update the status of what they were doing realtime - one of them went from "P2 in a race" to "In a horrible crash" - I won't say which to spare them the embarassment. :lol: If that's the case, surely they have sorted out PAL/NTSC online items. We'll see soon.

Just bought it.... its awesome with a wheel!!!

BUT the controller layouts suck (no gt style layout!!!) which sucks for me since the g25 is at my buddies place (we tested it out with the wheel).

IT reminds me allot of SimBins GTR series of games.

GT is a perfect 10.
NFSS is like a 7.5 for me. Its the first NFS game that I actually found fun. I docked most of the points cause the control layouts suck and there is nothing I can do to change em to a gt style layout..

Last edited:
I've raced some of you guys but don't have many people in my PSN buddy list. Iwill eventually make my way online in NFS:S (after a few days of seat time and car setup), I don't think I'll be back to Prologue.

Tetradic (When GT5 is out and there is a new qualifier here I'll adopt a GTP tag once and for all)

Update: I'm curious about the NTSC/PAL issue. My copy of NFS:S doesn't seem to have a region on it anywhere...

Last edited:
I've got it also. You know, I really didn't expect much, but so far I'm actually pleased with it. I've mostly been "Quick Racing" around Nurburgring, and I know it so well from GT4 that I've occasionally gained multiple "Driver Levels" in a single lap by "conquering" so many corners and basically running the track extremely well.

There are some stupid things about it, like getting points for "punting", and the way the cockpit blurs at high speeds. But there are also a surprising number of good things, like the way it tells you when you are getting a corner right, or rewards you for clean passes, or the way the tuning setup has a "help" which tells you what each adjustment will do to the car's handling.

My initial reaction to the physics and feedback are that they feel strangely similar to GT4, so pretty convincing and reasonably realistic.

Oh, and that's GTP_Panjandrum.

Last edited:
level 11 up til now and a precision man... :P S2000 and BMW E36 in the stable ;) Username: Blitz187

updated 👍

i think i got everyone that posted an ID- please let me know if i missed you so i can make the correction.

GTP_DutchCustoms also has a copy, and is very impressed so far. 👍

will there be an NFSS unit opening up at DC headquarters?

funny_1525.jpg

Last edited:
Back