GT5: P [PAL], who from Europe is going to buy it?

• Thread starter Aero-R
  • 211 comments
Aero-R
Taking a read at the exhaust amar212 review of the GT5: P [PAL] (thanks again mate), seems to be that it has only one difference with the NTSC-USA version: the 5 cars (please correct me if I'm wrong, because these days I've not been reading all and maybe I missed other important differences/tips).

Some members even said they think each region will connect individually, so PAL members couldn't race against PAL friends if they for example import a NTSC-USA version of the game (for those 5 extra cars, for example). So, who (from Europe) is going to buy the PAL version here at the launchin'?. There's anybody here thinking about do not buy it and just import the NTSC-USA one or just wait until the launch of that one to decide?

I don't know if on all the countries there's the same pack that here, but here in Spain there will be a special pack with GT5: P + GT Scalextric Car, all by 47€. I've some doubts about what to do... wait until the NTSC-USA launch to decide (and lost the option to buy this pack) or buy this pack and lost the 5 cars, who knows.

What do you think about an update for the GT5: P?, I think it's probably that the japanese get one, but for PAL I think it won't came.. because they just removed those 5 cars for the PAL version but included others, so I think it was not a time-development thing as the 70+ cars out japan were...

The last thing I heard from a friend who is betatesting GT5P is that there won't be global online features from day one, only local access, so you can't play PAL vs NTSC, at least as of now.

The last thing I heard from a friend who is betatesting GT5P is that there won't be global online features from day one, only local access, so you can't play PAL vs NTSC, at least as of now.

so what about our allready in timetrail made globaly fastest times????will they dissapeer?...can you ask this friend of yours??maybe he knows more....:sly:

sorry,i have allready done several timetrails on the jp version(as so have many more)and these times are global at this moment....so when its true what your friend says about not going global online and stuff,will we be able to see fastest times @ranking globally or just from our own region??.....hope this is more clear roffo...

I've got it ordered in store sent the old queen to game, but the manager said he would phone me when it's in. I'm thinking I'm getting this before the 28th.

sorry,i have allready done several timetrails on the jp version(as so have many more)and these times are global at this moment....so when its true what your friend says about not going global online and stuff,will we be able to see fastest times @ranking globally or just from our own region??.....hope this is more clear roffo...

Oh, OK, I get it now, I'm gonna ask him when I see him.

But If you think about it, the times charts are not global, we all have NTSC/J version, so all times posted are NTSC/J so they will remain in the japanese server. The same happened with GTHD, the weekly time charts were region locked AFAIR. I hope I'm wrong tho.

I have it pre-ordered hope to get it next wednesday but there is some confusion over the actual release date, I dont think I could wait until Friday :nervous:

Also with the time trial thing, surely it would be easy to make global, I thought they werent going global with the actual racing together because there would be way too much lag, they're using the P2P system that COD4 are using and that has a huge amount of lag. But the time trials arent affected by lag so I dont see the problem, I'm probably wrong though.

I have it pre-ordered hope to get it next wednesday but there is some confusion over the actual release date, I dont think I could wait until Friday :nervous:
Same here, some say 26th, some say 28th. i'm confused. I cannt wait though, got my own countdown going on in my PSN comment box.

:dopey:

does anyone actually know why they excluded those cars from the PAL versin? I cant see how it would of hurt them to include the cars, yet i am reconsidering getting the PAL because i was looking forward to the RX7! What the hell is their logic?

And by the way i work in a big store (HMV) and i dont think it will be released until the Friday, as that is when all new games go on the shelves, and thats since i have been working in retail. Not sure about other shops though, i for sure have seen GAME break release dates by a day or more sometimes, so it will probably be available earlier.

Funny story...i asked my manager why there were no prerelease promotions on GT5P in our stores, he didnt know what it was, very sad...i was like come on its GT!!! He was like dont you mean grand theft auto!? So i backhande him lol

I'm going to post this here as it's the most recent topic to include release dates.

just loaded my PS3 browser and the home page shows GT5p rather than UT3. followed the link and it says the 28th, so I don't think the date is wrong.

I'm going to post this here as it's the most recent topic to include release dates.

just loaded my PS3 browser and the home page shows GT5p rather than UT3. followed the link and it says the 28th, so I don't think the date is wrong.

Then click on news, 'Cavalcade of cars' it says 26th

I haven't decided yet, since most of the shops in my area will be charging 45-50EUR for the game, I'll probably wait it out until I can get a better deal. I hope there will be an update to the Japanese version next week, otherwise I might just give in and pay the 45EUR:indiff:
I will be watching this site very closely for signs of an update. :sly:
http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/

I pre-ordered it at gamemania. When you pre-order there you get 100 extra points on your gamemania card and you get a free GT t-shirt and cap.

I pre-ordered it at gamemania. When you pre-order there you get 100 extra points on your gamemania card and you get a free GT t-shirt and cap.
Sounds good store - Can you please post a link to store? (can't find it's address)

Then click on news, 'Cavalcade of cars' it says 26th

didn't notice that, but it has the 13/4/08 as it's posting date and today is the 18th.

even sony don't know when it's out, unless that's when it gets shipped to the relevant distribution companies.

Back